Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #15
laurenwright3

Drives: Camaro 6 2.0T
Solution?

Did anyone ever figure out the problem? I have the same issue open the glove box rattle goes away, close it and it starts again.
laurenwright3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:28 PM   #16
7speed

Drives: 21 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwiiavfan View Post
I had one that seemed to be low & behind the dash. Dealer couldn’t find it and wanted to rip into the dash to troubleshoot. I said no thanks, didn’t want the mess that would turn into. Instead I got underneath the car and within 5 minutes I found the offending piece. The aluminum (fuel?) tubes were lightly rattling against the frame up near the motor mount. A zip tie to move them over a fraction of an inch took care of it.

Hmm I might have to look at that. I recently hear a rattle on an overpass leaving the house and sound like by radio or center of dash.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #17
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Mine has always had a rattle when the AC is on and the sound comes from the rear somewhere. Sounds like paper fluttering in the wind. Still couldnt figure it out. Only happens when you’re going highway speed too, very weird.
The second rattle started recently. It’s on the passenger side somewhere from the glove box to the door. I might see if the air vent is loose....

Any thoughts?
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #18
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I thought mine was a door rattle, turned out to be driver side seat belt tensioner.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #19
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I found that the dash rattle is caused by the infotainment system. not being 100% secure. I've heard that people just took some foam and put it behind the system and the rattling stopped.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:02 PM   #20
Schnell SS

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black Metallic 2SS (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman01 View Post
I had an annoying rattle in the dash of my 2SS when accelerating and had it back to the dealer numerous times asking them to look at it. They eventually changed the exhaust on spec but that didn't help. They then thought it was the fuel lines hitting the frame and did a fix from a GM bulletin, but that didn't help either. I didn't want them to take a part the dash but I really hate rattles.

I landed up taking the Camaro to a different dealer for an oil change because my regular dealer couldn't fit me in when I had a day off. I mentioned the rattle but didn't expect them to have time to investigate. They found a bulletin saying that bolts on the shift linkage (have 6M) may come loose causing a rattle. They tightened the bolts and that eliminated the rattle. What I thought was a rattle in the dash was actually in the center console, go figure. Now all I hear when accelerating is the amazing sound of the engine/exhaust.

Bulletin 16-NA-078
I've got this going on right now. I just need to remember to get it fixed with my next oil change.
Schnell SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:02 PM   #21
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post
I was finally able to isolate and fix the rattle noise I was hearing in my dash!

My rattle was actually coming from the hood release cable and/or one of the clips holding the cable to the body, under the hood. I taped it up with a couple strips of harness/fabric tape to hold it down tighter, and the rattle is no longer present! I am so happy and relieved to have it fixed.

Sorry to resurrect a semi-old thread, but I wanted to post an update in case anyone else was having a similar issue. Look under your hood along the driver side and see if the cable or clips are loose.
Thanks for the update. Was it coming from the release latch mechanism itself in the cabin, or somewhere else?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #22
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Thanks for the update. Was it coming from the release latch mechanism itself in the cabin, or somewhere else?
I was referring to the actual cable, that runs along the driver side of the engine compartment. I had used the fabric harness tape to hold the cable down to one of the frame components nearby (sorry, I don't know the actual terms used for this piece). No. 17 in this diagram: Hood & Components image from ThatGMPartsGuy

While I initially thought this fixed my rattle issue, it did not - the rattle has returned, and seems even worse in the colder weather. Haven't gone back to try and fix it again yet. The dealership said they would need to keep the car for several days to take apart the dash to fix the issue, so I certainly didn't go that route :/
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #23
BOSE ZO

Drives: 2018 CHEVROLET Camaro LS LGX/TR3160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post
I was referring to the actual cable, that runs along the driver side of the engine compartment. I had used the fabric harness tape to hold the cable down to one of the frame components nearby (sorry, I don't know the actual terms used for this piece). No. 17 in this diagram: Hood & Components image from ThatGMPartsGuy

While I initially thought this fixed my rattle issue, it did not - the rattle has returned, and seems even worse in the colder weather. Haven't gone back to try and fix it again yet. The dealership said they would need to keep the car for several days to take apart the dash to fix the issue, so I certainly didn't go that route :/
Hey man, was wondering if you ever localized that rattle?
ig: rapidtransit
BOSE ZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:26 AM   #24
Zone5

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Dodge TRX
I've got a rattle behind the infotainment screen that I've had since the first week I bought the car new. It's almost always there, regardless of speed, outside air temp, or road roughness, although it's definitely worse on a rough road. I just turn the stereo up, or put both windows down.

The rattle, and wind buffeting with one window down, are the only issues I've had with the car. I wish they weren't there, but I can live with it. I thought about taking it to the dealership to try to fix it, but I'd worry that they would just dork it up worse.
Zone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #25
DIYguy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Smile

An annoying and persistent rattle in the general area around the A pillar on the driver's side of my car turned out to be the tachometer and speedometer light pipes inside the instrument cluster.
I opened the cluster up, added tiny strips of foam tape to secure them and also used some Kapton tape to attach the PC board firmly to the plastic frame.
Then I added thin foam tape to the entire edge of the cluster where it could rub against the dashboard bezel.
That did the trick.
I had been chasing that particular rattle for over a year.

Another odd one was the gearshift indicator (A/T) which has a tiny PC board that was rattling against its plastic enclosure.
A small piece of foam fixed that one.
Old 10-24-2022, 06:15 AM   #26
PJYelir

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS Fifty
2017 2SS rattles

I have 51K miles on it. Notes slight rattle in radio panel at low rpm, the crazy one is @1100 rpm gear 6,7 at 40 mph and sounds like the fuel line issue noted in thread. Any other pics of or feedback on that issue? Thx
PJYelir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:29 AM   #27
LT1gen6

Drives: '22 LT1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
We have to just face it. This is a nice looking car with a powerful drive train but cheaply made interior and exterior. Poor quality control to keep costs down. . I am afraid this will be a cancer. As the car gets older the noises will grow. It will be an ongoing battle.
That's a sad experience and opinion, for sure. Condolences.

I've had other cars, German and Japanese, several known for "the best quality and engineering," that needed work in sound isolation and remediation. Windshield pillars, windshield-dash areas, dash, vents, seat frames and cushions, suspension. . the list goes on.

My Camaro experience is opposite. The interior is tight and quiet, and the car is an absolute joy to drive. The only noise that prevails is 6.2 litres with 6m. If I had an issue, though, I would start with a process of elimination on my own, as many of you are doing / have done.

There are some great suggestions in this thread: Vinyl conditioner sprayed in between fitment joints is a simple, non-invasive place to start. ID'ing noise by eliminating it with finger or hand pressure is also great advice. Isolating/stabilizing a hood latch? Not difficult. Following service bulletins? Recommended.

Good luck in remedying distractions to your driving, especially if their existence outweighs the enjoyment of your Camaro experience.
LT1gen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:42 AM   #28
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1gen6 View Post
That's a sad experience and opinion, for sure. Condolences.

I've had other cars, German and Japanese, several known for "the best quality and engineering," that needed work in sound isolation and remediation. Windshield pillars, windshield-dash areas, dash, vents, seat frames and cushions, suspension. . the list goes on.

My Camaro experience is opposite. The interior is tight and quiet, and the car is an absolute joy to drive. The only noise that prevails is 6.2 litres with 6m. If I had an issue, though, I would start with a process of elimination on my own, as many of you are doing / have done.

There are some great suggestions in this thread: Vinyl conditioner sprayed in between fitment joints is a simple, non-invasive place to start. ID'ing noise by eliminating it with finger or hand pressure is also great advice. Isolating/stabilizing a hood latch? Not difficult. Following service bulletins? Recommended.

Good luck in remedying distractions to your driving, especially if their existence outweighs the enjoyment of your Camaro experience.
I don't have any perceptible rattles after 4+ years either, but there indeed are useful tips in this thread for the time when they (inevitably, since this is a GM product) do show up

(Just as a side note, the post you responded to is almost 5 years old and the poster hasn't been seen since Nov 2019

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote