Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-23-2018, 08:27 PM   #15
Hagels316

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
You are right about the 17s and later requiring the TCM to be removed and unlocked, which makes is very difficult to tune it let alone drive it if it's your DD.

I have not zeroed out the slip tables yet as I plan on getting a Circle D torque converter when I do a H/C upgrade.

But, I did try this transmission stuff (link below) that removed the shudder for me by about 95%. I put it in almost a year ago and have not had any other problems except the shudder almost disappearing completely. It's worth a try and not expensive at all. I went to a transmission shop and it took them 5 minutes to squirt the stuff into the the transmission. After about a day or 2 of driving the shudder went away.

1 tube is all that is needed:

https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-1961...tranny+shudder
Hagels316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
mstgeer

Drives: '17 2SS Vert H50, A8, F55, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagels316 View Post
You are right about the 17s and later requiring the TCM to be removed and unlocked, which makes is very difficult to tune it let alone drive it if it's your DD.

I have not zeroed out the slip tables yet as I plan on getting a Circle D torque converter when I do a H/C upgrade.

But, I did try this transmission stuff (link below) that removed the shudder for me by about 95%. I put it in almost a year ago and have not had any other problems except the shudder almost disappearing completely. It's worth a try and not expensive at all. I went to a transmission shop and it took them 5 minutes to squirt the stuff into the the transmission. After about a day or 2 of driving the shudder went away.

I have used this product and my results have been similar. My 08 BMW (gm auto tranny) with just over 100k miles started to have Intermittent shudder issue with the BMW claimed "lifetime" fluid. I drained the fluid, changed the filter and installed fresh fluid with the shudder fix and the platinum atf protectant https://www.amazon.com/Lubegard-6301...ords=Lubeguard and all has been well for the last 10k miles.
mstgeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:

r

Have you gotten any quotes on how much a new Circle D TC costs installed?
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:16 AM   #18
Hagels316

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Have you gotten any quotes on how much a new Circle D TC costs installed?
I have a quote for H/C install with the converter. The labor cost is not itemized however.
Hagels316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #19
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
Does this problem also effect the automatic trans? or just Manual?

also kinda dumb asking this but what is A8? I keep seeing it.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWolf View Post
Does this problem also effect the automatic trans? or just Manual?

also kinda dumb asking this but what is A8? I keep seeing it.
The transmission shudder is an automatic issue, but more specifically the torque converter.

A8 refers to Automatic 8, or the 8-speed transmission in 16-18 SS models, and 16-19 LT models. When you see someone say A10, they are referring to the 10-speed, or 6M they are referring to the 6-speed manual, and so on.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #21
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:

Thanks,

Something that has not been discussed alot is why the shudder? In my previous build experiences any time the tranny shuddered from the torque converter was because it was starving for fluid.

I know there is wear, possibly from the torque converter, the improper fluid, and of course the shift patterns from the tune.

The reason I mention this is because the GM techs back flushed my tranny when they flushed it as part of the "Repair". The tech at my dealership said there were small micro filters before the shift modules that get clogged.

I read that some owners are putting 5 or 10 micron filters in the tranny cooler lines and regularly changing them also.

I will try that lubegaurd along with the in line filter after this next go round with my dealership.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:57 PM   #22
rdonley

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Dropped off at dealer today...will see what they want to do after 1 flush and 2 TC'S and still have the same problem.
rdonley is offline   Reply With Quote