Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 08-06-2017, 04:06 AM   #1
heckler45

Drives: 2018 1ss 1le Hyper Blue Metallic
1le newbie

Ok guys with 1le's. What do y'all use to protect the splitter and spoiler?

For the rest of y'all, is there anything y'all like to use on the grill? And what about the rubber areas around the Windows?

There are way too many products and way to much to read here and on other forums. So for overall paint protection I want something easy. I don't want to do an in-depth detail, clay bar, polish, etc. I just wanna do an foam cannon wash, then a good dawn wash, wipe
something on, then wipe it off and be done. What do you guys suggest? My parents have always used Liquid Glass. Its simple and easy. I am not looking for show car protection, just something to keep the car nice with minimal effort. I am lazy. Lol. Thanks.
heckler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #2
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Lazy will not keep your car the way you want it. You at least have a foam cannon. You can find a lot of info on Adam's or Autogeek on the best order to wash, dry, and detail your car. I washed 3 cars today in 3 hours. I washed, dried. and waxed them all. I did not have to hand wax today because I had waxed a month ago. Waxing is really a small step in the whole process. Spray wax is in between step of full strip and wax . With your 1LE you need to use a detail spray with no gloss enhancer on your hood and spoiler. Adam's VRT will work great on most black things of you 1LE. The key to keeping a car clean is having the right tools to do the specific job and being really wanting to have the shiniest car in town. The right products bring out the best results. The most expensive are not always the best, As with life you are going to figure it out, clean very detailed cars do not belong to lazy people!!! I just about forgot to tell you. Dawn is only used to strip everything off. Once you use it you have to start the whole layer of protection over. You have been the very fortunate recipient of a great car. Please be the original owner who keeps the great hyper blue finish great for years.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks (it's a syn) for the Adam's recommendation.
Heckler45 you may want to consider a paint coating, it's will give you the longest most durable protection, it is slick so washing will be easier. Once applied it would make your car the easiest to take care of and I think that's what you are looking for.
Like mentioned VRT and In & Out Spray works great on all your black trim.
Let me know if you have any questions on the products.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...ating-kit.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...-dressing.html

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...out-spray.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This is the easiest protection to apply I've found. Rinse car first, Foam with Hydrofoam, wash, rinse, follow with a pooling rinse, dry what little water is left, done.

Takes about 1 hour to do. Protection lasts around 3 months.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
Mike00

Drives: Audi S4
So the 1lE has a that satin hood. I assume you have to be more careful with the products you use here? Do you even use a polish on it?
Mike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #6
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Take it to a pro and have it polished and a coating applied.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
I use mostly Adams stuff with a few exceptions.

Chemical Guys Meticlious Matte Detailer for hood wrap.

I had the nose of the car covered in Xpel Ultimate.

If you really are lazy, I HIGHLY recommend Adams H2O Guard & Gloss. Hard to find a product that gives you that amount of shine and sealant for such little work.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 AM   #8
heckler45

Thanks guys for the info. I am lazy, but not that lazy. lol. I haven't got the car yet, but wanting to be prepared. I was gonna do the Dawn wash before anything to help rid contaminants, oils that may be on the car. I was just hoping that there was a way I could skip the clay bar, and buffing before using a sealant.

As for a pro detailer, I have no idea of any in my area. I live in a small little town bout an hour from Texarkana, 1 1/4hr from Hot springs. If ya'll have heard anything good about anyone in those areas, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike00 View Post
So the 1lE has a that satin hood. I assume you have to be more careful with the products you use here? Do you even use a polish on it?
Actually the hood on the 1LE is a vinyl wrap, so care should be taken after washing it in making sure it is fully dried. Also I dont use any polish products on it at all.

Before I bought the Adam's matte detail solution I just used the Adam's detail spray, the new matte detailer works alot better on the 1LE wrap.

Also the nose splitter, mirrors and rear spoiler can be cleaned as normal and even cleaned with detail spray. They are painted and finished with a satin clear, so they can be cleaned just like any other part of the vehicle.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #10
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler45 View Post
Thanks guys for the info. I am lazy, but not that lazy. lol. I haven't got the car yet, but wanting to be prepared. I was gonna do the Dawn wash before anything to help rid contaminants, oils that may be on the car. I was just hoping that there was a way I could skip the clay bar, and buffing before using a sealant.

As for a pro detailer, I have no idea of any in my area. I live in a small little town bout an hour from Texarkana, 1 1/4hr from Hot springs. If ya'll have heard anything good about anyone in those areas, please let me know. Thanks.
THE BEST place to find a pro detailer is to go to the Autogeek.net forum and post that you are looking for a detailer in your area. I bet you can find someone good there.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #11
Traumamoma

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Summit White
As far as the hood goes I have used 3 things: Adams detail spray, Chemical guys matte detailer, and Ultima waterless wash. All make it look like new but if I had to pick one it would be the Chemical guys product. I suspect any quality detail spray with the hood damp but not dripping, and a damp microfiber towel will come out fine. The hood is not nearly the issue I was afraid it would be.
Traumamoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
heckler45

Thanks guys. Since I've been researching and watching videos, it doesnt seem like it will be all that bad. Actually kinda enjoyable. Good stress reliever.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #13
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler45 View Post
Thanks guys. Since I've been researching and watching videos, it doesnt seem like it will be all that bad. Actually kinda enjoyable. Good stress reliever.
Bingo.....now you are thinking the right way! I hope you do enjoy the hobby!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote