#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Well, I'm going to go with your statistics. I have a 2016 hd 2500 coming. Here's to hoping for the best.

It'll be fine. I am waiting (not patiently) for the next body style

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #16
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I know 8 people who purchased new cars last year and none of them had any issues, so quality has, according to my reality, increased dramatically.

so who is right?

anecdotal evidence is real for individuals but its the ability to look outside one's own life that enables the human race to come to conclusions given a huge data set vs. one or two or one hundred forum users.

BTW, i'm not sure of the answer because i don't have the data in front of me to make a conclusion.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I know 8 people who purchased new cars last year and none of them had any issues, so quality has, according to my reality, increased dramatically.

so who is right?

anecdotal evidence is real for individuals but its the ability to look outside one's own life that enables the human race to come to conclusions given a huge data set vs. one or two or one hundred forum users.

BTW, i'm not sure of the answer because i don't have the data in front of me to make a conclusion.
Well, that's the issue isn't. It's almost impossible to get the data on certain problems when they use the sum of all types of problems, minor or major, to determine reliability and quality. That why you have to use the info you do find and take it how you see fit. When I look serveral different places that all post about a certain issue and talk to people I know that have both experienced the issue and have also heard about the issue, I have to have some fear that there is a good chance that I'll have it too.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #18
Rrm20151le

Drives: 2015 Red Rock 1LE
I have a 2015 Chevy 3500 with the duramax engine and allison transmission and have had zero issues. I bought it new in February of 2015. It has just over 46 thousand miles on the clock. I use it for work, pulling a 20 ft enclosed trailer all around the state. It does get serviced by the dealer every 4 to 5 thousand miles.
Rrm20151le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

you made a statement about general quality issues of new cars....I bet there are stats if you really want to find them.

as others have argued...IMO, most owners don't sign up to their vehicle's forum and make a point to say their vehicle performs as designed (this goes for any consumer product)...nope they sign up to complain. how many posts and people have you talked to that have the issue...vs. how many have been built and sold? 1 percent, 2, 3, 50?

I'm not trying to dismiss the fact that there are issues, i'm just not sure it would keep me from buying. I mean we see the issues here with the Camaro...

I will look at 2500 vibration...just curious what you are seeing. are you a farmer or rancher...what do you tow?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:21 PM   #20
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
you made a statement about general quality issues of new cars....I bet there are stats if you really want to find them.

as others have argued...IMO, most owners don't sign up to their vehicle's forum and make a point to say their vehicle performs as designed (this goes for any consumer product)...nope they sign up to complain. how many posts and people have you talked to that have the issue...vs. how many have been built and sold? 1 percent, 2, 3, 50?

I'm not trying to dismiss the fact that there are issues, i'm just not sure it would keep me from buying. I mean we see the issues here with the Camaro...

I will look at 2500 vibration...just curious what you are seeing. are you a farmer or rancher...what do you tow?
I own an HVACR business. Our trucks are our livelihood. Reading about the vibration issues with the 2500 is a big deal as much time as my guys and myself spend behind the wheel. The reason I started the thread was from seeing all the issues with the Gen6 Camaro, my first gen5 was a nightmare and now looking at the 2500 Chevy and having no problem finding issues that weren't there before. It's funny that everyone tells you to do you homeworking when buying something, but then they also say to not believe what you read. Lol
Old 07-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #21
DenverTaco07

google ford 150 vibration, tacoma vibration, ford ecoboost problems, RAM 2500 3500 vibration...and on and on.

i'm not saying don't be concerned, not saying don't believe the people posting problems...

if you are looking for a vehicle that doesn't have issues posted you won't find one. Maybe express your concern to the dealer and take extensive test drive?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I would say that the internet really can make things look worse than they really are. Yes new cars do have some issues, but you will see more negative things now that people can just jump online and post negatives.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #23
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would say that the internet really can make things look worse than they really are. Yes new cars do have some issues, but you will see more negative things now that people can just jump online and post negatives.
Well, that's what I'm hoping for. Chevy trucks have been good to me in the past
Old 07-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #24
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I don't put a lot of stock into it anymore. A common problem doesn't always mean you will encounter it. Granted I haven't kept a car long enough lately to find out...

Had a 2005 Silverado for two years ('10-12). Bought it with 77K on the clock and traded in at 111K. Replaced a front wheel hub, two air bag sensors, all four door speakers, the EVAP canister, and every motor in the gauge cluster in that time frame. Still love those trucks, but that one kept me occupied often with little odd and end broken things. Perhaps it was just the mileage.

Got a 2012 1LT Camaro after that. Kept it two years ('12-14) and 17,700 miles bought it new). Didn't have an issue with it other than the front timing cover started seeping a tiny bit prior to trade in.

Got a 2013 SS/1LE Camaro after that ('14-16) and put 27,000 miles on it in two years. Both front struts went bad and the AC compressor failed. Had an electrical issue I fixed myself (tightening up some connections).

Now I'm riding in a 2016 2DR Jeep Wrangler. Already put 4500 miles on it in two and a half months and I live 5 miles from work...the Wranglers *appear* to have the most problems of the four vehicles I've had so far according to the internet (valve guides in the cylinder heads, leaking oil filter housings, death wobble, leaking tops, electrical gremlins) but whatever. It's been a gem so far.

So far I figure they are all about the same. Ya might get a good one. Ya might get a bad one...so I've just been buying the one I want and finding out myself.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:57 PM   #25
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I do know whining is up..
Old 07-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #26
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Just don't buy a Ram. Chevy/GMC or ford.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #27
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Just don't buy a Ram. Chevy/GMC or ford.
I have a lot of Friends with dodges, rams whatever they call them. I do know their reputation for problems have stayed with them from the previous generations, but the newer ones are good trucks. They have the best diesel of any truck. They are just as good as the other two if not better. I'm just used to buying Chevys because me friend sells them.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:42 PM   #28
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Everyone has their problems. I used to be a mechanic for a series of fleet vehicles, big rig trucks, cranes etc.

Anyway we had about 50 trucks that I would service new / old. Ford, gm and dodge.

Ford would blow random fuses and relays, starters. Omg I replaced more Ford starters than anything else. We kept multiple in stock, in 4 months I could change a Ford starter out on the side of the road in about 20 mins. Transmissions were good if they were serviced regularly. Had a few shocks go. Plug wires would rot apart. Frames lasted the longest on fords it seemed, never had to weld one. New models; the airboxes squirrels like to nest in them lol.

Chevy were overall the least repaired but they had their issues. Door locks would stop, door hinges would sag, engines were very good for the most part, maf sensors sucked, o2 sensors would go a fair bit. Transmissions almost never lasted more than 300 000km even with proper service. Unless it was an Allison transmission like on the 2500hd. They could sail up till 600 000km no problem. 2500 HD GMC/Chevy was best build truck imo. Chevy also wasn't the greatest for pulling serious weight behind it.

Dodge pretty much everything to do with steering was a problem. Ball joints, tie rods, various bushings. New ones spit out steering racks like crazy (these could cost as much as a rebuilt gm tranny btw). The new models were notorious for making lane changes on the highway without moving steering wheel. Doors also sagged like the chevys. New models had some transmission programming issues the dealers had to resolve. Dodge could pull the most without breaking a sweat. Motors were decent, some would burn oil. Transmissions weren't bad usually. Cummins motors were awesome.

My point here is that they all have issues. If someone has a lot of complaints about one manufacturer vs the other. In my opinion they haven't owned or worked on enough cars. Everyone cuts corners, which corners would you prefer they cut? That's up to you... Research before you buy. Have realistic expectations when you buy. If you want a "perfect" vehicle look at Ferrari or Lamborghini

If I were buying a fleet of vehicles for heavy duty work they would be Chevy 2500 or 3500 cause they had the least amount of people left stranded on the side of the road (time is money right). For light duty, dodge vans. Those things literally go forever lol just be prepared for ball joints, tie rods and wheel bearings.