#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #29
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
You must really be worried that this little six banger is going to put the V-8's to bed when you grasp at straws with a post like that. You usually have your facts straight.
All I did was post a vid on youtube that was titled ecoboost vs 5.0L and all of a sudden you think I have some sort of V6 vs V8 complex??? I just read through the youtube comments and it looks like the poster was incorrect in the title and description. My bad but that's no, reason to be hostile and start name calling.

My 6 cylinder pick up truck makes more hp and double the amount of torque of my V8 GT500 makes so I dont really know where you come off with that sort of comment.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #30
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
All I did was post a vid on youtube that was titled ecoboost vs 5.0L and all of a sudden you think I have some sort of V6 vs V8 complex??? I just read through the youtube comments and it looks like the poster was incorrect in the title and description. My bad but that's no, reason to be hostile and start name calling.

My 6 cylinder pick up truck makes more hp and double the amount of torque of my V8 GT500 makes so I dont really know where you come off with that sort of comment.
I don't see where I was name calling at all and being hostile. I was really paying you a a compliment along with a little ribbing. What I meant was that you normally are right on with the facts. Which is what I thought was a compliment. The latter comment was meant as light ribbing. Lighten up Francis.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #31
BigDan

Drives: bug
Cool, it was just a misunderstanding then.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #32
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Silverado XFE does 15/22. Standard 5.3L models do 15/21.

Throw in 4WD and the F-150 EcoBoost and Silverado 5.3L achieve the exact same FE numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitman View Post
Even though they have the exact same FE numbers, the Ecoboost is able to push out 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque while the Silverado makes up to 315 hp and 335 lb-ft of torque. To be able to have an extra 50 hp and 85 lb-ft of torque and still have the same FE numbers is pretty impressive.

The 2wd f150 with eco is also rated at 22 highway. Otherwise, both posters here are correct. Not to mention that the Chevy/GMC half tons are "usually" only available with 3.42 rear diffs. You get a bit more gear in the Ford too.

I know there aren't many Ford fans around here, but that ecoboost is quite impressive. Chevy/GMC really need to step up their powerplants.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:42 AM   #33
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
I'm sorta with ya, except I went with the diesel. Fords new 6.8 is incredible. I have had 4 previous Powerstrokes, but this one is well beyond.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161693

Mind you, these were pre-lift, tires, tint,... Goodies. O, and I kept the Camaro
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
I'm sorta with ya, except I went with the diesel. Fords new 6.8 is incredible. I have had 4 previous Powerstrokes, but this one is well beyond.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161693

Mind you, these were pre-lift, tires, tint,... Goodies. O, and I kept the Camaro
Nice truck, I have several diesels for work ,but they are Chevys. I love the HD chevys ,but I really can't stand the looks of the 1/2 ton ones. The all look like something that your grandpap would drive.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote