Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-17-2021, 07:35 PM   #15
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
The problem around me is they’ve jacked up the prices on the LT1’s I’ve seen. More than I spent on my 1LE. Personally I’m not a fan of the front end and the small tires. Past that it’s a great deal when dealers aren’t jacking up the prices due to the shortage of Camaro’s in stock.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:53 PM   #16
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
The problem around me is they’ve jacked up the prices on the LT1’s I’ve seen. More than I spent on my 1LE. Personally I’m not a fan of the front end and the small tires. Past that it’s a great deal when dealers aren’t jacking up the prices due to the shortage of Camaro’s in stock.
It aint just camaros bud, its all makes and models. The market won't neutralize to pre covid levels for another year till production/
Demand ratios begin to normalize again. We're not out of the hole just yet
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:39 PM   #17
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have a hunch because dealer near me carried more LT1s but loads them up. I'm thinking higher profit margin for dealers loading LT1s up so they ordered those instead of the SS, hence more being sold.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:43 PM   #18
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
What suspension parts besides coolers does the LT1 lack in comparison to an non-1le or non-magride SS?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:24 PM   #19
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
How much less do stripper cars weigh than fully loaded 2SS's anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
I've got the lightest LT1 available at 3610 lbs, im seeing loaded 2ss hard tops in the 3,750-3,800 range. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the 2ss.
According to the Chevy website:

LT1 coupe: 3,619 lbs
1SS Coupe: 3,685 lbs
2SS coupe: 3,696 lbs

A mere 77 lb difference for the 2SS and only 66 lb difference to the 1SS, but the SS's have 275s on the rear for a better hook... I'll take 70 lbs and an extra inch of rubber on the rear...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:31 PM   #20
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
I suggest people go back and read what the experts here around the forum said about it. I was one of them they thought it was a great idea. And was flamed and ridiculed. Many many other said it was a terrible idea and General Motors needed a more expensive model. Go back and read.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:46 PM   #21
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I had a feeling when people started loading the LT1 up with options that Chevy finally got the styling/performance/price right for the 6th gen. Even without the SS parts it still handles better than the Mustang and Challenger. I like the headlights and grill styling of the LT1 over the SS.
I thought so too and loaded up an LT1.

seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:09 PM   #22
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I thought so too and loaded up an LT1.

Great looking ride!
Old 04-17-2021, 10:20 PM   #23
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The LT1 is a great idea. Except the problem is most cases they're still overpriced with all the add ons, especially the dealer lot ones.

Most down here go for around 42k MSRP for an LT1 That is still too much compared to a 1ss.

That is the problem.

yet, Ford dealers carry base model Mustang GT for cheaper.

Last year right off the truck one local dealer had two base model Mustangs with automatic transmission and price was 35k brand new. I think that was with a Ford cash back rebate. Manual would be slightly cheaper.

Sometimes you can find a stripper LT1 new at dealers with rebates and if they're trying to clear them off the lot for the next year. Otherwise I see them north of 40k.

If the LT1 was the same as a base model GT deluxe They would sell a lot more of them. That's too big of a price gap 40k on up versus 35k for base GT.

Only time I see an LT1 for 34,35k is at the end of the model year and dealers trying to get rid of them. Otherwise they're loaded up LT1s.

I know they're two different cars but when you have two cars with similar performance numbers and one is cheaper by the thousands and only wants a base model, they're going to go with the cheaper one.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #24
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
I feel like the 1SS has disappeared completely from dealer lots, and the LT1 has replaced it. The thing that sucks is that when you do see a 1SS now, it's no longer being offered as cheaply since the LT1 occupies the lower price range.

Plus the LT1s are being loaded up with options pushing them into former 1SS price territory.

Chevy should have offered the LT1 trim from the start. They really screwed up in the beginning by making the 1SS more expensive (thousands more) than the base Mustang V8 and Challenger RT.

If the LT1 was offered earlier in the 6th gen's life, Chevy would have undoubtedly sold more Camaros overall. Maybe not enough to beat the Mustang or Challenger, but it would have been more competitive.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistake with the 7th gen, if we get one.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #25

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Next on the chopping block of the Camaro line-up just might be the 1SS.

But I think they could still do a less expensive V-8 Camaro. At least they recognized people expect to pay less if the car has less content. Not everyone is in love with expensive and confusing option packages.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #26
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
the fact that it's 25% of sales is meaningless if sales don't go up. Looking at sales figures, which were awful in 2020 even before the pandemic and are just as bad now, it probably just ate into 1SS sales, dropping profit.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #27
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
TRANSLATION:
25% of new Camaro owners are stupid and/or too poor to by an SS. Instead they bought an inferior car.

Signed,
Camaro 6 Forum

Personally, I took some of that $3.5K in savings and bought new rims and tires so hooking isn't an issue and the car looks better IMO.
Old 04-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #28
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
I feel like the 1SS has disappeared completely from dealer lots, and the LT1 has replaced it. The thing that sucks is that when you do see a 1SS now, it's no longer being offered as cheaply since the LT1 occupies the lower price range.

Plus the LT1s are being loaded up with options pushing them into former 1SS price territory.

Chevy should have offered the LT1 trim from the start. They really screwed up in the beginning by making the 1SS more expensive (thousands more) than the base Mustang V8 and Challenger RT.

If the LT1 was offered earlier in the 6th gen's life, Chevy would have undoubtedly sold more Camaros overall. Maybe not enough to beat the Mustang or Challenger, but it would have been more competitive.

Hopefully they won't make the same mistake with the 7th gen, if we get one.
You don’t have enough data to support your claim. Camaro sales are in the toilet.

If what you are thinking is the 25% is PLUS sales, I doubt it very much.

You need to see how many people that were looking at a V6 and chose a V8 instead. Not plus sale, but at least a better mix for GM.