Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-18-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
madmaxnj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Power Lumber Install in Camaro 2SS

So after a bit of research I decided to install a power lumbar kit in my 2017 Camaro 2SS. Since the 2SS has heated and cooled seats, I went with a rear mount system. I was emailing with a local shop and they wanted $600 to install this system, which is probably a reasonable price. They couldn’t tell me if the heated or cooled seats would still work afterwards. Actually they said both probably wouldn’t work anymore. So I figured I’d give it a go and see for myself. This is the kit I went with.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Here is the video I used to figure out how to remove the seat.

Here is another page here that gave me some valuable tips and nice pics.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574141
Remove the seat.
Remove both side plastic pieces. One side has 2 torx screws. The drivers side has 1 torx and 1 phillips. Driver’s side has connector that is pretty tight, was a pain to remove. Nothing fancy with the clip, just squeeze and pull out. I used a small vice grip.
Find your spot for the switch. I made a template on a piece of panters tape, and then located it on the trim piece, then cut out the template. I think it looks pretty good.
There are hidden zippers on the sides at the bottom that unzip and expose the back of the seat. You’ll see them in the other post linked above. Snake the air bladder between the wire frame and the foam, make sure you route the air hose and no kinks. Secure with zip ties.
Mount the compressor under the seat, next to the blower for the cooled seats seemed like a good spot, secure with zip ties.
At this point I hooked up power to the seat and took it for a test drive. you will not be able to open up the seat with it in the car, so need to make sure the air bladder is in the right spot.
I had a little help from arpad_m on where to get power and ground in the seat. You want pins 24 (Red/Yellow) for the hot side, and 17 (Black) for Ground. This is the 30A power line for the heat and motors in the seat. Heavier wire in the bundle. Splice into those and your all set.
Make sure everything is securely routed, and that you won’t have interference when the seat moves up/down, front/back. Follow the factory routing and you should be safe. Put everything back together and you are all set!
Good news is that the heated seats still work fine. And I'm guessing the cooled seats will still work to, didn't test that out. The air bladder may restrict where the air from the cooled seat is able to get to. The lumbar air bladder is behind the cooled seat air distribution bladder. So if the lumbar is pumped up, it may squeeze the cooled air bladder where they overlap. No biggie.
I don't know why the pics are all sideways and upside down. They're all normal on my computer. Sorry about that.
Attached Images

madmaxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
This doesn't look super complicated. Thank you for the detailed writeup

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
I applaud you on the DIY project. While power lumbar would be ideal, I installed manual hand bulb lumbar bags in Recaro seats in a previous car. No electrics to deal with. I hate dealing with electrical stuff.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxnj View Post
I don't know why the pics are all sideways and upside down. They're all normal on my computer. Sorry about that.
Great info--thanks!. Just resize your pics to 40-50% of the original size and they should appear right side up.

Cheers!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote