Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-09-2020, 02:53 PM   #253
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2ltr View Post
Sorry, I was away on business.

DIC = Driver Information Center (instrument cluster)

The link IS to this thread. Just trying to give credit for all your work.

Updated and reuploaded
Ok got ya thank you! Will update my OP shortly.
Thanks for your fine efforts!!! Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #254
TrackClub

Fyi: My OP has been updated to include Turbo2ltr member's excellent lable per post 242. Cheers!
Old 11-15-2020, 12:58 AM   #255
Rams01

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2001 Z28 1LE
Question, I've been to the same track for 3 separate events the last 3 months and have kept it in just track mode for the time being. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with the car and track and overall racing around a track vs straight line..
If I'm reading this correctly, I would benefit from moving into PTM Sport 1 which will ease back on the TCS cutting in as seen in Track only mode? (Not sure what high slip means in the chart)
Rams01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:43 AM   #256
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
Question, I've been to the same track for 3 separate events the last 3 months and have kept it in just track mode for the time being. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with the car and track and overall racing around a track vs straight line..
If I'm reading this correctly, I would benefit from moving into PTM Sport 1 which will ease back on the TCS cutting in as seen in Track only mode? (Not sure what high slip means in the chart)
High slip means PTM allows more tire spin before cutting power.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:03 AM   #257
Rams01

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2001 Z28 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
High slip means PTM allows more tire spin before cutting power.
Ah, thank you for clarification.
Rams01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #258
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
Yes you would. PTM Sport 1 still retains Stabiliy Control *and* Traction Control, albeit with more perfromance driving settings over simply Track mode (which offers them in more restricting formats). Still, it is a safe setting which retains both systems, while allowing for more rotation in corners and less intervention in exits. It is a great setting for anyone who wishes to have best track performance, while still retaining both safety systems.
Note that Sport 2 shuts down Stability Control.
Have fun and cheers!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:50 AM   #259
Nick.CK

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE (Summit White)
OP, there is an error with the excel spreadsheet. In PTM "Wet" the first graphic says that steering is in tour, and in PTM "Dry", the graphic says the steering is in Sport. In the spreadsheet, it claims the steering for both is Track. One has to be wrong.
Nick.CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:13 PM   #260
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
But, if you just want to make the A10 car the fastest it will go in a straight line, in terms of both acceleration and speed, how would you set it up, e.g., one mile event,?
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:53 AM   #261
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CK View Post
OP, there is an error with the excel spreadsheet. In PTM "Wet" the first graphic says that steering is in tour, and in PTM "Dry", the graphic says the steering is in Sport. In the spreadsheet, it claims the steering for both is Track. One has to be wrong.
Good spot - thanks!
I am away from my car still and cannot test, nor verify it for certain. BUT, the graphic and the SS that is below it follow slightly different processes:

The graphic explains what will happen if a driver does NOT pre select any Infotainment settings (which lock in steering and exhaust in desired mode REGARDLESS of anything else selected via main steering console display). This means the latter 2 will be driven by what PTM mode one selects.

OTOH, the spreadsheet starts the process with a driver pre-selecting a MODE on Infotainment screen. If that is done, steering will stay in that mode (Touring, Sport or Track) regardless of what else is selected in PTM.

For example, a lot of folks prefer Touring steering effort for all driving including on track. So, to achieve it, one would lock the steering into Touring on the Infotainment screen. This will make the steering stay there no matter what is selected based on TC button, or PTM mode. So from this perspective, the SS is correct.

Hope this explains it. Cheers!
Old 05-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #262
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
But, if you just want to make the A10 car the fastest it will go in a straight line, in terms of both acceleration and speed, how would you set it up, e.g., one mile event,?
I'm thinking either "sport" mode with competitive mode engaged, or PTM sport 1. Something with some stabilitrack engaged just to keep you straight in case you hit some spilled fluid from a previous cars run.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #263
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
You have 4 choices:

1. All off and it is up to your talent to manage any tire overslip at a start and then any yaw as the run continues. In other words, no TC at the start and no Stabilitrack are present here and control of the car is 100% up to your skill. Zero nannies to assist ya.

2. Competitive Mode, which eliminates TC so it is up to you to manage any tire overslip at a start as you have full power all the time, but Stabilitrack is present to help manage any excessive yaw if the car gets squirrely during the run.

3. PTM Race, which is a reverse of the above: race level TC will manage and excessive tire overslip at a start by adjusting power for best forward performance, but there is no Stabilitrack to help with any excessive yaw during the run.

4. PTM Sport 1, which includes a slightly more aggressive TC setting so it will intervene during tire overslip more vs PTM Race and Stabilitrack to help manage any excessive yaw.

Hope this helps. Btw "yaw" is an angle between where the car is heading vs steering input. So, if the car is heading dead straight and the steering input is dead straight the measured yaw is zero. But, if a car is heading in a different direction vs intended steering input, there will be a yaw value. Such as during cornering, or even a straight run when you hit a bump and the car's balance will be disrupted and to go straight a steering input will be necessary. Stabilitrack measures the yaw and will intervene (by applying brakes at a given wheel) to help a driver bring the car back to balance, if it decides that the yaw is excessive. Without Stabilitrack, it is fully up to a driver to manage such situations (which if left uncorrected may result in a spin). Hope this helps. I am not gonna recommend one over the other, as choosing what nannies to retain is a personal decision. Note that excessive yaw doesn't just happen on road courses. Many a drag racer went into a wall because of it.
So, pick the right solution that matches your skill level and your appetite for potential risk. Cheers!
Old 05-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #264
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I'm thinking either "sport" mode with competitive mode engaged, or PTM sport 1. Something with some stabilitrack engaged just to keep you straight in case you hit some spilled fluid from a previous cars run.
+1

Bottom line: personal decision is my motto here.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:21 PM   #265
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
superb info here!
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 02:43 PM   #266
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
superb info here!
That's to be said for this Forum - period