Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 PM   #29
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I've seen the completed cars and the one they are currently building. It is a full racecar with full safety. The maintenance cost with the LSX crate engine should be fairly low. Tires are cheap. Suspension is fully adjustable. The build quality is top notch and the Hendrick Team treats you more like a Pro-Driver than a one-time customer. The car is fitted to you. If you ever hit something the body panels are replaceable vs. a totaled unibody car. Weight is 3100 lbs dry.

It's not cheap, but compared to a new ZL1 1LE and a full race setup it isn't bad for what you get.

I like to drive my track car on the street personally.
Thx for the info. I knew it had a cage, but doubted it was a full Nascar spec. 3100 dry is impressive.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #30
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I'll take a GT4.R thats unrestricted
What do you mean by "unrestricted"?
GT4R is multiples of the Henrick car - price wise - and much less power. Proly the reason it has never become a popular customer car.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM   #31
samr350

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
What do you mean by "unrestricted"?
GT4R is multiples of the Henrick car - price wise - and much less power. Proly the reason it has never become a popular customer car.
All GT4 cars are restricted to a certain power to weight ratio depending on a few other things, such as the design of the car, unrestricted that engine could make a good deal more.
samr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:31 AM   #32
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by samr350 View Post
All GT4 cars are restricted to a certain power to weight ratio depending on a few other things, such as the design of the car, unrestricted that engine could make a good deal more.
I am aware that classes are restricted. Hence the question as to what "unrestricted" meant.
Personally, i wouldn't want to spend $259 big ones and then $ on top of it to increase HP from 480.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #33
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Thx for the info. I knew it had a cage, but doubted it was a full Nascar spec. 3100 dry is impressive.

They are using ex-NASCAR body and frames with full cages. Welding is a work of art. I've got pictures, but was asked not to share them. The cars are being built by Hendricks R&D team. You are basically getting the same road-course car as Jeff Gordon with a different engine and transmission.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #34
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
They are using ex-NASCAR body and frames with full cages. Welding is a work of art. I've got pictures, but was asked not to share them. The cars are being built by Hendricks R&D team. You are basically getting the same road-course car as Jeff Gordon with a different engine and transmission.
Very impressive. I thought they would use a different cage spec, as the Nascar one is extremely beefy and very restrictive as far as driver's sitting position. Either way, a true race car with that kind of power for $125k is a great deal (if one wants a trailer queen vs a street legal track car). Thx for all the info. Cheers!
Old 01-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #35
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Very impressive. I thought they would use a different cage spec, as the Nascar one is extremely beefy and very restrictive as far as driver's sitting position. Either way, a true race car with that kind of power for $125k is a great deal (if one wants a trailer queen vs a street legal track car). Thx for all the info. Cheers!

It's a jungle gym of cage and the driver is fully cocooned.