Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #29
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
He's trying to sell C7s. If there is talk of a mid engine Vette, people may hold on to their dollars.
Fair enough, that's entirely possible. I'm just not used to seeing these guys outright "lie", or go a step further than that and put forward reasons and facts why it can't be true.

I have a personal theory that the car is a Cadillac. But I'm totally prepared to be wrong.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #30
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Fair enough, that's entirely possible. I'm just not used to seeing these guys outright "lie", or go a step further than that and put forward reasons and facts why it can't be true.

I have a personal theory that the car is a Cadillac. But I'm totally prepared to be wrong.
It could be a Cadillac but I don't see that happening. Cadillac has a lot of work to do to get itself sorted out before they are ready for a super car. Besides, the pictures I've seen of the mid engine car have Corvette styling cues.

Maybe Tadge won't be carried over to the C8 and the mid engine work is being carried on without him.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:48 AM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
It could be a Cadillac but I don't see that happening. Cadillac has a lot of work to do to get itself sorted out before they are ready for a super car. Besides, the pictures I've seen of the mid engine car have Corvette styling cues.

Maybe Tadge won't be carried over to the C8 and the mid engine work is being carried on without him.
We shall see, soon enough, I suppose.

Maybe though not as soon as we find out just how quick the ZL1 1LE is!
Old 03-15-2017, 12:33 PM   #32
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Here's one of the articles I read. Tadge said MSRP would go up around $5k. Either way, I don't think we will know for a long time.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...gine-corvette/
Interesting read! Says Tadge gave that $5k estimate during an internal presentation in 2003.

Quick search shows base msrp of $43,635 in 2003 and $55,450 now. Adjusting $5,000 for inflations gives $6,800 so ~$61,250 if nothing changed since 2003. A lot has changed since 2003!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 03-15-2017 at 12:43 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #33
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

Cadillac needs to work on the interiors of the cars they have now. They have great cars that fall short there. Ditch the shiny piano black surfaces

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #34
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Let's consider some things we know...

Willow Springs is 2.5 mi. long.
ZL1 did a lap of 1:26.16

the Milford Road Course is a 2.9 mi. long.
ZL1 did a lap of about 1:53.00.
ZL1 1LE lap expected of 1:50.00. (Al O says the ZL1 1LE is approximately 3 seconds faster around this track than the regular ZL1.)

After doing some factors, corrections, and other maths...You can expect a ZL1 1LE to do a lap of about 1:23.80 around that same Willow Springs.

The Corvette Z06/Z07 ran a 1:25.00..................
FYI, Tadge said the Grand Sport ran a 1:52 around Milford.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:00 PM   #35
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:

I'm thinking this as well due to the new Cadillac in the WeatherTech series. Or maybe both a Cadillac and Zora (making it a different "Make" than the traditional Corvette).

I believe the upcoming ZR1 will be more like the ZL1-1LE and Viper ACR. The Z06 even with the Z07 package is street car first track car second. The ZL1-1LE, Viper ACR and ZR1 are the reverse.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 AM   #36
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
I still couldn't understand why Dodge let go of the Viper ACR which was their only pride. Until now the best American exotic sport car, which could beat many exotic cars costing double it's price. I saw a video of the ACR VS Porsche 918 Spyder and I was really impressed with the results, they were really close on the fight. Best of engineering VS the best in technology, until the Lamborghini Huracan performante came and showed all a lesson of who is the new king of the track.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:29 AM   #37
IntricateDetail

Drives: '12 Corvette GS / '13 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
I still couldn't understand why Dodge let go of the Viper ACR which was their only pride. Until now the best American exotic sport car, which could beat many exotic cars costing double it's price. I saw a video of the ACR VS Porsche 918 Spyder and I was really impressed with the results, they were really close on the fight. Best of engineering VS the best in technology, until the Lamborghini Huracan performante came and showed all a lesson of who is the new king of the track.
The what? I'm so confused right now. Was this just a quick random news insert, or is there something I'm missing about how this would relate to the Z06/Z07 or ZL1 1LE?

'22 Camaro ZL1 | A10 | Carbon Everything
'22 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD - Bone stock
'19 Kia Sorento - Wifemobile

~ Previous Cars ~

'12 Corvette Grand Sport
'12 Infiniti G37xS Sedan - Takeda CAI, FI RHFC + FI resonated cat-back, Hotchkis F+R Sways, SSR GTV03 (18x9.5 +45 squared), Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, Tanabe Lowering Springs, Full Akebono BBK upgrade F+R, StopTech Rotors/Pads/SS Brake Lines, Takeda FTSB, (300AWHP / 251TQ)
IntricateDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 AM   #38
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Ok... I found an article that says the Grand Sport was 1 second slower that the old Zr1 at Milford.... I found another article that says the c7 z06 is 1 second faster than the old zr1....this means 1:50 seconds for the c7 z06...roughly
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:25 AM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtrod View Post
Ok... I found an article that says the Grand Sport was 1 second slower that the old Zr1 at Milford.... I found another article that says the c7 z06 is 1 second faster than the old zr1....this means 1:50 seconds for the c7 z06...roughly
On the Corvette forum it was said the C7 Grand Sport was .6 behind the C6 ZR1 at Milford. I haven't seen or heard of the C7 Z06 being 1. faster than the C6 ZR1. Can you post that article? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #40
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...errari-mclaren

Also found this...1:48 for the z06

http://fastestlaps.com/tests/52scn5srbfii
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #41
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:

I am used to seeing them do it, my dad put 30 years in at a GM plant and was in on several GM projects. He toured BG during one of the big Corvette projects and got to see one of the special Corvette projects areas that was behind closed doors only after he signed a non-disclosure agreement.

As said if anyone from GM said "Yeah the new Corvette or the ZR1 will be mid engine and will make 750 and be the fastest one ever" you could imagine that sales on the C7 would plummet and also potentially on the Gen 6 Camaro as those buyers wait for that new Corvette to come to market.

Those people will lie up until the vehicle release or until their hand is forced to admit the vehicle exists, the way they see it is if a buyer buys a C7 and then sees a C8 mid engine that they have to have, GM just got a sale of a C7 and a C8 as well.

The higher ups are always chasing after the ROI at the end of the day.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #42
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtrod View Post
Thanks!