Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 03:59 PM   #44
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
I don't see how at this point we don't have the ability to have a kind of multi-factor authentication, like send a push notification to my phone asking if it's ok to start the car, or a much better anti-theft system.
As a fellow tech nerd, this is a million dollar idea.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 07:58 PM   #45
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
I don't see how at this point we don't have the ability to have a kind of multi-factor authentication, like send a push notification to my phone asking if it's ok to start the car, or a much better anti-theft system.
the fact that someone can break a small window, get in your car, plug this easy to get device into your obdii port and then they can just program a key, is serious. Manufacturers need to address this flaw and this isn’t just a GM thing.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:33 PM   #46
IMCWORTH

Drives: 2023 Camaro Convertible ZL1 A10
Ghostlock

if your car does get taken you can shut your car off with your phone. I know it plug and play for the Hellcats

but there is a universal kit that should work with the Camaro if you don't care about splicing

https://www.jordandistributors.com/c...lock-universal
IMCWORTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 12:20 AM   #47
alexTop

Drives: 2023 1LT Convertible
problem solved

alexTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 05:17 PM   #48
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
i've posted this a few times, looks like a good system

dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:40 PM   #49
Blackrat

Drives: 2001 & 1972 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooster View Post
I had the Ravelco Anti Theft System installed on my Chevy SS. I wouldn't hesitate to get that again, if it was only closer for me to get done. Simple little plug to pull and put in your pocket. There is no starting the car without that plug.
I've been meaning to do this. Cost isn't that bad ($700ish) and I believe they've never had a car stolen with their plug on it. Their website even shows a 6th Gen with it equipped. The thefts of GM v8s has gotten pretty bad again in my area so I'm going to have to get it and a few other cars done at some poin.
Blackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 02:21 PM   #50
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
i've posted this a few times, looks like a good system

But you'd have to go to Canada to get it installed. They don't have any distributors in the USA but are working on it. Of course you can install it yourself if you want. Nice system, fairly budget friendly but also an excellent option.
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 02:54 PM   #51
1wraith76

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Absolutely NO!!!
They literally sit out from of your house or wherever you are and remotely link to your fob. You can purchase faraday bags off Amazon for like 12.00 that will stop that. You have to literally put your key fob in the bag every time you exit the vehicle to stop that. Heard aluminum foil, or those aluminum cans that some candies come it.
I use these for my cars and security camers ai ed at the street to get plates.
1wraith76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 11:24 PM   #52
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
But you'd have to go to Canada to get it installed. They don't have any distributors in the USA but are working on it. Of course you can install it yourself if you want. Nice system, fairly budget friendly but also an excellent option.
ya the installer is very close to me. interesting to hear its not in the states yet.

very back and forth with this and IGLA when i bring the car back out
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #53
roostere4

Drives: 1987 IROC, 2020 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
ya the installer is very close to me. interesting to hear its not in the states yet.

very back and forth with this and IGLA when i bring the car back out
Keetec looks like an decent option. However I believe if you can get IGLA installed it is the better choice. Key Fobs are optional in IGLA vs required in Keetec, the convenience is nice but it is less secure. Plus IGLA can be configured for additional security depending what kind of threats you expect you might encounter.
roostere4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:56 PM   #54
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28pat View Post
the fact that someone can break a small window, get in your car, plug this easy to get device into your obdii port and then they can just program a key, is serious. Manufacturers need to address this flaw and this isn’t just a GM thing.
Oh I 100% agree. It's 2024, how do we not have fingerprint scanning or MFA or SOMETHING more hardened? Yes, it's the manufacturers being lazy (you can EASILY defeat Ford's anti-theft system AND create a new key in under 60 seconds if you have a laptop and the Ford software), but what can we do to get them to step up?
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:41 PM   #55
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
How about this: https://www.amazon.com/Disklok-Secur...26&sr=8-2&th=1
Looks like you can't cut the steering wheel with it on. A bit pricey and bulky, but simple - and you can just keep it in your rear seat/package shelf.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 08:40 AM   #56
The Blackheart

Drives: 2019 SS/1LE Riverside Blue, Z/28s
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
It’s getting BAD!! They target you at car shows, the store, at a restaurant, and having a garage means nothing you will eventually drive it. They tag your car with Air tags, follow you, remotely link to your key fob, and if they want it bad enuff…TOW IT!! I noo I noooo some of yaw gonna say Kill Switch or other technology.(ONSTAR BLOWS DONE EVEN MENTION THEM) Honestly just pull the starter relay fuse out when you exit the vehicle problem solved. I don’t care about a temporary CEL that goes away the second you put the fuse back in and start the car. The car WILL NOT START. I feel this better most definitely cheaper than a kill switch which basically does the same thing and you don’t have to go into any wire harnesses etc. As my last post regarding mine being stolen over 30 days ago goes, USAA IS FULL OF SHIT! There gonna wait until my settlement (very big) was done then send it to SPECIAL INVESTGATION UNIT to double check everything!!!!they wanna insure you but when its time to kick out they make you feel like your tryna scam them or some shit. Anyway just my thoughts. Watch your whip fellas these crudballs are lurking

This is terrible! Mind sharing where this happened? What you know about how they did it?
The Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote