#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-13-2019, 11:21 PM   #127
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Has anyone here ordered their ZL1 from the factory? I’ve come to grips and am beginning to like the 2019 tail lights. But I imagine you’re stuck paying full price if you order from the dealership? Or can you still haggle down?? My wife is now telling me she likes the 2019 in shock color. I’m not as picky, I like blue, gray, orange, shock, white, black etc. I’d rather pay less.
Dude, just get an 18' the new tail lights are almost as bad as the new base Camaro front end. Plus everyone on here claims you can buy a brand new 2018 fully loaded for 52-54K if that's true then it's an amazing deal! Hell the car is a great deal for the performance even at sticker.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #128
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
Dude, just get an 18' the new tail lights are almost as bad as the new base Camaro front end. Plus everyone on here claims you can buy a brand new 2018 fully loaded for 52-54K if that's true then it's an amazing deal! Hell the car is a great deal for the performance even at sticker.
There are none within 100 miles of my house! I imagine with the snow Chevrolet and the dealerships don’t ship and sell many. I’m just wondering how hard it would be to get specific colors if you don’t order one. The tail lights don’t thrill me but they look kinda cool in recent photos.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:36 AM   #129
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Yeah car is worth 21K-23K private party value right now.
So your buyout is going to be the total value of the lease payments you still have remaining + the residual value of the car at the end of the lease. As long as the 21-23K will cover that you are golden.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #130
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
You never really convince your wife.

The sheer disgust on my wife's face when she heard I was going to 'downgrade' from a C7 Z06 to a 'Camaro' was one for the books.

Having seen my car in person and having sat in it, she gets it.
Checkmate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #131
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDivine76 View Post
So your buyout is going to be the total value of the lease payments you still have remaining + the residual value of the car at the end of the lease. As long as the 21-23K will cover that you are golden.
Nice! I may have to go back Saturday when I’m not working. That would total $20,500! There are no ZL1’s for sale in Colorado that are new so I’d have to ask about that. I’m not opposed to a low mileage used one either.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #132
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post

The sheer disgust on my wife's face when she heard I was going to 'downgrade' from a C7 Z06 to a 'Camaro' was one for the books.

Haha I think i have cracked the code now though. She picked out a 2018 and then when I showed her someone’s photo of their 2019 on here she asked about the new orange color. She then went and re-built me a 2019 she likes, I don’t know what happened to her. The ZL1 is cool and I love corvettes, can’t go wrong with either!
Old 03-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #133
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
There are none within 100 miles of my house! I imagine with the snow Chevrolet and the dealerships don’t ship and sell many. I’m just wondering how hard it would be to get specific colors if you don’t order one. The tail lights don’t thrill me but they look kinda cool in recent photos.
Those '19 tails are ugly IMO, I've seen more than one in person. Why don't you give BeckyD a try? She would probably be able to arrange transportation for you.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #134
BDivine76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post

I agree! As I've said before she tolerates the car. I got home the other night and there was a package by the front door from Wildhammer. She said "There's a package by the front door from you that I'm pretending doesn't exist." She was less than impressed when I pulled out the free WH t-shirt and the CF dash insert She totally doesn't get it, but then doesn't give me much grief about it either.

She's just not a car person. I tried to get her a new car for her birthday this year and she shut me down!
Old 03-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #135
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
I agree! As I've said before she tolerates the car. I got home the other night and there was a package by the front door from Wildhammer. She said "There's a package by the front door from you that I'm pretending doesn't exist." She was less than impressed when I pulled out the free WH t-shirt and the CF dash insert She totally doesn't get it, but then doesn't give me much grief about it either.

She's just not a car person. I tried to get her a new car for her birthday this year and she shut me down!

Haha I tell her when I buy things because I’m a big mouth. But, I do that to her! Haha she will order stuff and I come home and there’s just random packages on the porch and I’m like wtf? I only get annoyed because she still has her own personal (pre-marriage) credit card debt and shes buying shoes and clothes like she doesn’t have any. I have a 15X8 walk-in closet, she has 2/3 of the shelving and she has “nothing to wear.”

She refused to get a new car too in 2016, I went to the dealership and worked out the deal and made her sign. She thanks me now though...it’s just a Cruze but it’s brand new and she only pays $220 a month and I pay her insurance.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #136
BDivine76

Quote:
Haha I tell her when I buy things because I’m a big mouth. But, I do that to her! Haha she will order stuff and I come home and there’s just random packages on the porch and I’m like wtf? I only get annoyed because she still has her own personal (pre-marriage) credit card debt and shes buying shoes and clothes like she doesn’t have any. I have a 15X8 walk-in closet, she has 2/3 of the shelving and she has “nothing to wear.”

She refused to get a new car too in 2016, I went to the dealership and worked out the deal and made her sign. She thanks me now though...it’s just a Cruze but it’s brand new and she only pays $220 a month and I pay her insurance.
Our arrangement is I get a toy and I don't say a word about the daily amazon/nordstrom/whatever other clothing company's box may be on our front porch. It works. Plus she has her own closet so I don't really see it.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #137
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Those '19 tails are ugly IMO, I've seen more than one in person. Why don't you give BeckyD a try? She would probably be able to arrange transportation for you.
I thought so too but in the 19’ thread someone has an orange one and it’s pretty cool. It’s got some small updates compared to 18’ (nothing crazy) but they still look good where I’ll see it most. If she is going to LET me buy this car lmao I’m going to get whatever she says I can have.

I won’t lie though the shock and the orange color are pretty flashy, I like them. Those are the 2 she likes, kind of surprised me. She likes that and the nightfall gray which is now sunset gray or something, I dunno. I just feel like those 2 colors are not going to be prevalent on lots to just snatch up. I wasn’t aware of transportation though where is her dealership at? Texas? I’ve seen her on here all over.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #138
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Our arrangement is I get a toy and I don't say a word about the daily amazon/nordstrom/whatever other clothing company's box may be on our front porch. It works. Plus she has her own closet so I don't really see it.
That is a good deal! I tried that, it didn’t work out so well. It took a lot of coercion to get her to move her bathroom and makeup supplies from our master to the spare down the hall. I told her she should use the extra closet in her extra room for more space (we have 3 bedrooms, no kids so we each have our own extra room) and of course she retorted that I should do that since it’s such a good idea.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #139
BDivine76

Quote:
That is a good deal! I tried that, it didn’t work out so well. It took a lot of coercion to get her to move her bathroom and makeup supplies from our master to the spare down the hall. I told her she should use the extra closet in her extra room for more space (we have 3 bedrooms, no kids so we each have our own extra room) and of course she retorted that I should do that since it’s such a good idea.
It's a small price to pay...be smart and move your crap.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #140
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Talking

Quote:
It's a small price to pay...be smart and move your crap.
Haha I’m not giving in on that. She doesn’t need an entire walk-in closet. When she runs out of space she will have no choice but to hang stuff she rarely wears in her room.