Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-24-2023, 07:56 AM   #15
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
I hear what you’re saying but I think it’s a bit over the top with the:

I’ve always looked at those features as extras. The logging with the unit never seemed to work that great for me.

It’s not great that they are still saying it works but I imagine it’s not easy to track every feature for every year, IMO the editor is the main priority here and thankfully it seems they prioritize it that way.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:39 AM   #16
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
The jail comments were not mine. I did say it's criminal, but maybe there is a better word. It goes beyond negligence though.

The standalone logging is one of their most heavily marketed features with the MPVI3. I had an older device that I paid to upgrade because of the advertised improved standalone logging speed. I spent the money but received no benefit because the standalone logging doesn't even work with my track Camaros.

I encourage you guys to read their marketing again and see how hard they are pushing the standalone logging. It's not just some obscure ancillary feature. It's one of the primary marketed features of the device.
https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi3/

If that feature doesn't work with all vehicles, they need to state that. In fact, by law they would be made to state it if someone wanted to push the issue.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)

Last edited by travislambert; 09-24-2023 at 02:50 PM.
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 04:06 PM   #17
travislambert

I've been pressuring HP Tuners to make this right and to their credit they have seemed to up the priority of fixing the standalone logging. I still think they have an obligation to inform new customers of the fact that their most heavily advertised feature of the MPVI3 doesn't work for multiple cars, but at least they are now working on the issue.

I have been receiving updates on the bug fix progress almost daily from one of the technical support supervisors. Hopefully there will be a product update available soon.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 09-30-2023, 08:19 AM   #18
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
HPTuners has been getting harassed by the EPA. Let's hope the recent rulings to squash some of the EPA's overreach will allow HPTuners to return to actually making their product better.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 08:28 AM   #19
travislambert

Yeah, the entire automotive aftermarket is getting harassed by a tyrannical EPA based on bad "science". This "science" just happens to make a lot of people filthy rich. I'm sure this does hurt the company. They still need to be honest with folks though. In a matter of a few minutes they could add a column to their supported vehicle list to show if the standalone logging feature works, doesn't work, or hasn't been tested.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6