Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
ZL1 1LE front splitter repaint or vinyl wrap?

I have a brand new ZLE front bumper spoiler that i need to get to the mosaic black finish to match the rest of my ZL1 ground effects. I am considering vinyl wrapping or repainting. What do you guys think I should do? If I go with paint, what should I use to strip off the current satin black finish? I feel confident i can get the finish decent enough if i wet sand thru the base coat and then the clear coat followed by polishing.

I found the 3M metallic black vinyl matched well but I don't know if I trust my abilities with vinyl to wrap the spoilers and the winglets.

Idk what to do.. any suggestions on which way to move forward?
Old 08-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #2
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
So i had to replace my front splitter on my ZLE also. Got too many scuff marks from road debris. I replaced it and ended up wrapping it in matte PPF to match the skirts and rear diffuser. If I were you I'd wrap it. At least this way you have some kind of protection. If you paint it it will no doubt get chipped up unless you PPF after you paint it.