Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #15
novaSS

Drives: 2020 Red Hot 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dudebozo View Post
I didn’t think there was when I first installed but since I don’t DD anymore I seem to hear drone at freeway speeds 70-75. It’s fine, I have heard worse drone.
Did you have NPP before? If so, is the Redline louder than the NPP? How is the rasp compared to the NPP? Thank you
novaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 05:54 PM   #16
SnowWhiteSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker2k View Post
Once I get it on
We can arrange that
Been digging on this topic for quite some time now. Did you ever install the exhaust? Is it too quiet? I’m literally about to do the same exact setup as yours but am torn between redline and legend. I want volume with quality. I heard some of the clips on YouTube and it sounded like the redline rasped a whole lot and I don’t want that. But the legend sounded a bit muffled (yes I know it’s a muffler and that’s what they are supposed to do lol). Our cars have a distinct and beautiful sound and I don’t want to take away from that, but at the same time I don’t want a crap ton of rasp.
SnowWhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:20 AM   #17
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
I installed the Redline Series almost 3 years ago. A few days ago I noticed a vibration sound. After inspecting everything, I found the exhaust hanger on both sides had come off where SW had welded it on to the exhaust. Anyone else had this issue? I've been in touch with SWs and have sent them my info (invoice of purchase & pics of exhaust). My muffler guy fixed it but said this 304 is pretty thin and to expect it to happen again. Hoping SW has an answer for me.
Attached Images

Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 08:45 AM   #18
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I have almost 6 years with my classic axleback that I purchased used, and it is still going strong, so maybe just got an unlucky one?
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote