Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I won't lie, I have been known to brake check they hell out of someone riding my ass. I'm usually in my truck if I do it. If we are traveling at any moderate speed and I can't see your headlights above my 2500HD truck on oversized tires, then you are following me at an incredibly unsafe distance. I'll give you a slight tap of my brakes just so you see my brake lights, as to warn you to back off. If you continue to ride my ass, I'll do it a little harder next time. If after the second warning, you are still riding my ass, I will mash them bitches. You'll have one of three options: get in the other lane quick, go off the road quick, or total your car running under my truck. Haven't had anyone choose the last option yet. As to the comment of focusing all of your attention to what's behind vs what's in front of you, well if you're a drive that doesn't check all their mirrors frequently while drive as to be aware of what all traffic is doing around you, well, you are a shitty driver.
says a shitty driver.

Why would anyone take your "lesson" seriously when the entire premise is based on nonsensical reasoning. He's following too close for your comfort so you're going to try and have him ram into the rear of your truck on purpose. Idiotic. hopefully you do it while a cop is around. I'm sure they'll find it amusing as you try and justify intentionally trying to cause an accident.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #30
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
I won't lie, I have been known to brake check they hell out of someone riding my ass. I'm usually in my truck if I do it. If we are traveling at any moderate speed and I can't see your headlights above my 2500HD truck on oversized tires, then you are following me at an incredibly unsafe distance. I'll give you a slight tap of my brakes just so you see my brake lights, as to warn you to back off. If you continue to ride my ass, I'll do it a little harder next time. If after the second warning, you are still riding my ass, I will mash them bitches. You'll have one of three options: get in the other lane quick, go off the road quick, or total your car running under my truck. Haven't had anyone choose the last option yet. As to the comment of focusing all of your attention to what's behind vs what's in front of you, well if you're a drive that doesn't check all their mirrors frequently while drive as to be aware of what all traffic is doing around you, well, you are a shitty driver.
Why don't you just move over a lane and let him pass you? Then he won't be on your tail. You are trying to send him a message, but completely ignoring his message to you, which is "can you please let me by, your blocking the faster traffic". If he acted the same way you do, he should try to ram in the back of you and stop just short of hitting your bumper twice, before he rams into the back of you the third time.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #31
JDono

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6 Vert - Riptide Blue
I'll never get why someone with a $50k car would invite people to rear end them......
JDono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:52 AM   #32
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Why don't you just move over a lane and let him pass you? Then he won't be on your tail. You are trying to send him a message, but completely ignoring his message to you, which is "can you please let me by, your blocking the faster traffic". If he acted the same way you do, he should try to ram in the back of you and stop just short of hitting your bumper twice, before he rams into the back of you the third time.
I totally get what you're saying and I don't brake check* myself... but then 90% of the time the ass-riding moron just keeps on going the same speed, leaving you in the middle/right lane waiting for a spot in the faster lane to pass the idiot driving 10 under the limit :( and then eventually passing the moron who was riding you to begin with. There's really no winning. That's just how some people drive I think, and police should give out a nice fat ticket to those people... they cause more trouble than speeders do most of the time.

*I did an actual brake check once in my younger years... I got really fired up when a lady cut in front of me on an empty highway (I think there was one other car about 100 yards behind us) because she HAD to be in the center lane doing 15 under the limit when I was going about 10 over in that same lane. She came out right in front of me, I panicked and hit the brakes before swerving into the left lane. She didn't even glance over anywhere and kept her head straight the whole time - I got in front of her and slammed on the brakes (like full abs engagement slammed) about two car lengths in front of her. Not my finest moment, but at least I had enough space to accelerate before she slid into me (no abs on her car, as it went a bit sideways).