Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #1
Mech 1000

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2lt
Exhaust question

Hello all.

I am looking for some information on exhaust options and the reason the prices vary so wildly...

I understand the difference between the aftermarket brand names like Borla etc and local exhaust shops are the Mandrel bends.
How much difference does it really make? Performance wise?

Brand name catback kit can run $1000+ while local shop offers to do 2.5' with least amount of bends possible for $450 parts+labor.
I understand the bends will be narrower from local shop, but how much performance difference will it really be?

Lastly....
I am considering going straight pipe instead of a muffler. (Cats and all untouched, just removing mufflers)

What's pros and cons of going straight pipe VS a glass pack??

Thanks in advance
Mech 1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Well there's more to it than just the pipe and how it's bent and whatnot. How the muffler is designed and how it flows with the rest of the system is the key. Having a shop fab you up a system could be hit or miss...may sound great or may not. With kits like Borla and others, they have the research and development, so you kind of know what you are getting into.

IMO, the muffler delete is a little too raspy and has a bit more drone than I'd personally like. But that's just me
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote