Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2020, 07:37 AM   #113
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Cool if it's not giving you issues - it isn't the norm (both in what has been written about AND in my own personal experience with multiple phones). My Pixel 3 XL holds up reasonably well with a LOT of use, even at almost 18 months old. It has only been wirelessly charged a couple of times (basically just to ensure the feature worked when it was new and under warranty).

My girlfriend's iPhone, at just a slightly older age, will drop battery level aggressively throughout the day without a significant amount of use. She wirelessly charges every night.

My work iPhone, at about 2.5 years old, showed similar signs of battery run-down but it got MUCH heavier use than her iPhone and was plugged in and using location services (navigation, mileage tracking) a lot (I travel for work). Never wirelessly charged (not supported).

In other words, three phones... Two (mine) are put through hard use and either aren't showing signs of battery degradation or it took a long time for it to appear. The third is lighter use but showing signs of battery issues earlier in life and has been wirelessly charged consistently.
Ya, i'm sure it has a lot to due with use as well. My wife's phone also a S9 has had it the same length of time as me and also nothing but wireless charging. Also no issues with her phone. I've read a lot about it, and wasn't going to wireless charge mine either, but it's so much more convenient. I wouldn't hesitate to keep doing it. Worse case scenario you just have your battery replaced.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #114
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
You stated:

"If you start adding performance tire package, the cooling required to call it a track version and MRC your back to a SS."

What I did a poor job of saying was that the car you were describing wouldn't have actually been an SS because MRC isn't standard equipment on the SS. And, if you -were- able to add MRC to the LT1, it would need to be added to the SS as well to actually be similarly equipped.
Again I never stated everything I listed as standard equipment. I was just listing options for track use that was not available for the LT1 because it is a street version. I guess I should have said with the standard additional cooling, larger wheels, and the optional MRC on the SS and MRC standard on the SS 1LE and ZL1 there is no reason to add another track car to the lineup, however, the LT1 makes for a nice street version.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #115
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Again I never stated everything I listed as standard equipment. I was just listing options for track use that was not available for the LT1 because it is a street version. I guess I should have said with the standard additional cooling, larger wheels, and the optional MRC on the SS and MRC standard on the SS 1LE and ZL1 there is no reason to add another track car to the lineup, however, the LT1 makes for a nice street version.

Yes, understood.That's why I referred to it as "the car you were describing."

All good on my side, but I realize my poor description initially threw it off...

ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:58 AM   #116
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I did a small 2021 LT1 RS render, with Garnet Red. I'll see if I can find Wild Cherry later.
Attached Images

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #117
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Yeah, GMA punted that one. Wireless Charging has been standard on 2SS since 2017.
Fwiw, my 2016 2SS seems to have it, though I've never tried to use it
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:31 AM   #118
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Its been standard since the car debut on 2ss models.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #119
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
It seems crazy to me that there are so many options for a vehicle that moves so few units.
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:57 AM   #120
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
I have a 2020 2SS and no wireless charging
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:01 AM   #121
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
I have a 2020 2SS and no wireless charging
Did you take it out?

It's that little pad behind the center console. You know... the one that you can't fit a phone equipped with wireless charging into? lol

I genuinely don't understand why manufacturers are wasting their time and money on this technology. All of the head units are moving towards Car Play and Android Auto which requires a USB connection (that will also charge). I'd rather they invest time and effort into developing intelligent places to store the phones that are out of the sun (convertible), out of the way, NOT in the cupholders, and near a USB jack in the car for power and connectivity.

Most phones of today can support higher power charging as well, and a wireless charger won't even keep up with the drain down on a phone sitting there playing music over BT. So we end up needing AT LEAST charging by USB if not charging by something over USB-C...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #122
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Did you take it out?

It's that little pad behind the center console. You know... the one that you can't fit a phone equipped with wireless charging into? lol\.
LOL... No I didnt take it out. It's just not standard.
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #123
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
Nope. I believe 2018 was the last year that it was available on 2LT and standard on 2SS/ZL1. Since 2019, it's only available with ZL1.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #124
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I dont get why every single year they need to change the front fascia.

Nobody who thought the 2016 was too juvenile / ugly is going to think any different with any of the other fascia's they've come up with because those people who think that will only be happy with some bland neutral look that just doesn't mesh with the way chevy wants to differentiate the camaro from it's lineup and other makes.

they should stop wasting money, just stick to the 2016 front fascia since everything that came after was a mistake and focus their design time on things that need improvement.

Like instead of a new front fascia, how about non-vibrating rear plastic panels so I can listen to the 1000 dollar optional audio system and not have to apologize for it?

Instead of a new front fascia, maybe they could design a place to put my phone that isn't behind me. I dont need it in a place that i can look at, but maybe a place that is less forgetful so i dont have to keep doing double takes after getting out of the car because out of sight == out of mind.

Instead of a new front fascia, maybe ...just maybe... they could do something consumer focused to their demographic and make it actually easy to add your own audio equipment to replace the stock amp / speakers or supplement them if we want to.

Instead of a new front fascia, get rid of absolutely all incandescent bulbs and replace with standard socket led drop-ins wherever possible. Though, you know if they did go 100% led, it would all be some oem specific proprietary connection instead of industry standards.

Maybe dont put chrome colored plastic in the driver's direct line of sight

Maybe update the software so it's at least half as cool as what Dodge puts on their chargers. They have a little dyno app and basically everything an enthusiast could want that is borderline illegal to have on a street car ...even in their V6 models. We have a chintzy stopwatch page and a bunch of redundant gauges.

If you've alienated most of the public with your car's design. Then go all in on the public that isn't alienated. Give us a full diagnostic interface so we can identify trouble codes, run diagnostic tests, clear codes and activate systems so we can do our own work on the car if we want (like activating the abs for fluid changes and brake jobs) without having to go buy a 500+ dollar tool. Make the car enthusiast friendly more than the competition. Stop selling a car that only appeals to enthusiasts and then keeping it closed like it's designed for soccer mom's and dealership service departments to bend us over whenever possible.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #125
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:53 PM   #126
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Whats to be so exciting about the 2021 if they were not excited by the 2020? Will Chevy come up with an ad campaign or just ship them to dealers and keep there fingers crossed?🤞
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote