Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
This is disheartening the 5th Gen V6 RS came with staggered wheels and high performance summer tires. now its starting to look like the 6th Gen V6 and T4 will not get any thing close to the same treatment as V8.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #16
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I would like to see all seasons as an SS option
If you plan on driving in the snow, you should probably get a set of winter tires regardless of the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
This is disheartening the 5th Gen V6 RS came with staggered wheels and high performance summer tires. now its starting to look like the 6th Gen V6 and T4 will not get any thing close to the same treatment as V8.
Sounds like they're a high performance all-season, which is something that I hadn't really heard of until today. I wonder what the performance trade-off will be with the F1 all-seasons vs the summer tires.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #17
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Are ultra performance summer tires necessary for the V6? The answer is no.

I would argue they are unnecessary for the SS unless it's being tracked.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #18
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Here are my crap pics of the wheels lol.

Name:  20150516_164125.jpg
Views: 3826
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  20150516_164115.jpg
Views: 3853
Size:  114.9 KB
Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #19
stptfun

Drives: Jeep GC
What's with the red stripe on that black 5 spoke? Haven't seen that before.
stptfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #20
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
All I could find on the Asymmetric 3's....

The Camaro SS features 20-inch aluminum wheels equipped with Goodyear’s next-generation ultra-high performance summer tire—the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RunOnFlat®—in size 245/40ZR20 (front) and 275/35ZR20 (rear). The Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is Goodyear’s premium offering for responsive handling and control in both dry and wet conditions, and will debut on the Camaro SS before its full release in 2016. The tire was extensively tested on the 2016 Camaro SS at a number of world-renowned race tracks, including Virginia International Raceway, Road Atlanta and Germany’s Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Full press release....

https://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/co....cfm?a_id=1079

Awesome, thanks.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #21
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
No LS of any iteration.

Turbo 4 is base LT and V6 is the upgrade.

V8 is SS.

Laborsmith
So, my 2LS is gonna be worth quite a lot then!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #22
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschex View Post
Isn't it only LT or SS? Did the site specifically say "LS"?
I believe thats a typo.

it should read RS, not LS.

the RS package on the 1LT/2LT upgrades the wheels to the 20" offering.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #23
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
The Camaro LS and LT models will feature Eagle Sport All-Season tires in size 245/50R18 as the standard fitment, Goodyear said, and the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season RunOnFlat in size 245/40R20.
The Camaro SS features 20-inch aluminum wheels equipped Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 RunOnFlat in sizes 245/40ZR20 (front) and 275/35ZR20 (rear).
Goodyear photoEagle Sport All Season

Both the Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season and the Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 feature Goodyear’s RunOnFlat technology, which allows consumers to drive up to 50 miles on a deflating or deflated tire at a top speed of 50 mph.
Goodyear is at the bottom of the list on runflats! Very unreliable.
A better choice, would have been Pirelli P-Zero runflats. Good record for reliability.
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #24
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I would like to see all seasons as an SS option
Not all of us live in a warm climate. Not all of us race our cars and all weather is what we want. I didn't buy a 5th gen because I could not get hid headlights without summer tires. I bought two genesis coupes and would have most likely bought two Camaro's .
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #25
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I just put HID headlights in my G8. It cost $60.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #26
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
The 5th Gen came with staggered tires because it suffered from huge oversteer due to the massive size of the chassis and the weight distribution (it was heavy up front and light in the rear). The staggered wheels and tires allowed the oversteer to be controlled. The 6th gen is much more evenly distributed and the chassis is lighter and smaller, so it does not require a staggered setup to control it. It is a much better platform for performance.

And we can finally ROTATE OUR TIRES NOW!

The runflat summer tires are a huge blow. They cost an arm and a leg and have horrendous performance...because they are SUMMER TIRES. They perform horribly in all but perfect conditions, which don't exist on the street. Summer tires should be an option. This will be another brand new car that requires a $1,000 investment immediately to become drivable.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:29 PM   #27
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
The 5th Gen came with staggered tires because it suffered from huge oversteer due to the massive size of the chassis and the weight distribution (it was heavy up front and light in the rear). The staggered wheels and tires allowed the oversteer to be controlled. The 6th gen is much more evenly distributed and the chassis is lighter and smaller, so it does not require a staggered setup to control it. It is a much better platform for performance.

And we can finally ROTATE OUR TIRES NOW!

The runflat summer tires are a huge blow. They cost an arm and a leg and have horrendous performance...because they are SUMMER TIRES. They perform horribly in all but perfect conditions, which don't exist on the street. Summer tires should be an option. This will be another brand new car that requires a $1,000 investment immediately to become drivable.
The ss is staggered 245/275

These are an all new tire... Run flat yes... But don't diss them till you drive the car... You sound like a mustang guy
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #28
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The ss is staggered 245/275

These are an all new tire... Run flat yes... But don't diss them till you drive the car... You sound like a mustang guy
Who cares how they drive? They'll be $400/ea and perform horrible in the rain and snow. The only entity run flats benefit is GM because they can probably get away with no spare tire/jack/tire inflator kit and save money and advertised weight. It's a scam. The consumer loses. I honestly could not care less about how the car performs at a track. I drive on the street, not a race track. So does virtually everyone else on this site.

If you want drag tires or track tires, buy them separately for yourself. GM should outfit the car with proper street tires from the beginning and not make their intelligent consumers buy proper tires after they just spent $40,000 on a brand new car. You sound like a guy that'll agree with anything GM does just because it's GM