Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #57
Uboatcmdr

Drives: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Totally irrelevant numbers today. 5th gens weren't even produced in the same assembly plant as the 6th gens. 6th gen shares an assembly plant with 2 other models.

There was no semiconductor shortage in 2014 or 2015. There was no global pandemic either. Starting to see why that comparison makes zero sense yet?

I said a Chevy sales manager laughed when I mentioned the chip shortage. ................ I see sporadic chip shortages like a climate control for the F-150 and texas made chip hiccup for Grand cherokee, but many plants still cruising along. We are not talking generic chips.

As far as I can see the Camaro shares that LARGE Lansing FACTORY with Cadillac ct5 and ct4 production both of which are ANEMIC. It is NOT a capacity problem, even if the Cadillacs were in demand which they aren't, they can't give them away, Cadillacs are not hampering ANY Camaro production.

Global pandemic? NOPE. That is in the rear view mirror.

Chips could be a minor issue but the demand is LOW for all the Lansing plant models. Once they open up there is NO reason why they can't produce all the Camaro's to fill demand with ease.
Uboatcmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:56 PM   #58
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatcmdr View Post
I said a Chevy sales manager laughed when I mentioned the chip shortage. ................ I see sporadic chip shortages like a climate control for the F-150 and texas made chip hiccup for Grand cherokee, but many plants still cruising along. We are not talking generic chips.

As far as I can see the Camaro shares that LARGE Lansing FACTORY with Cadillac ct5 and ct4 production both of which are ANEMIC. It is NOT a capacity problem, even if the Cadillacs were in demand which they aren't, they can't give them away, Cadillacs are not hampering ANY Camaro production.

Chips could be a minor issue but the demand is LOW for all the Lansing plant models. Once they open up there is NO reason why they can't produce all the Camaro's to fill demand with ease.
Well, new guy. You seem to have it ALL FIGURED OUT.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #59
Uboatcmdr

Quote:
Well, new guy. You seem to have it ALL FIGURED OUT.

Sharing helpful current info to help clear up concerns. I've had my fill of car forums over 2 decades. If GM get their act in gear, I will be driving not posting.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 PM   #60
Ding

Drives: 19' Trailboss,22' 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1ce View Post
I texted my saleswoman and she said she will get an order number once GM accepts the order...

But your saying soon as I gave them my order sheet and deposit I was supposed to get an order number?

thanks!
I got one right away, but I was told my order was accepted right away, I have no idea if that was something to do with my dealer possibly having an allocation. This all new to me, just figuring it out as we go here.
2022 Riverside 2SS 1LE 6M #2388
1100 on July 6th
3000 TPW 8/30 on August 13th
3100 Status TPW 9/13 on August 19th
3400 Status TPW 8/30 on August 26th
3800 Status on Oct 7th
Delivered on Oct 28th
Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:29 PM   #61
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Ordered a 2021 2 SS 1LE in mid Feb. TPW is 5/17 as of now but who knows. Was looking at local dealers in SW Florida inventories. Was looking at Silverado 1500 because there are no Camaros or Vettes anywhere. Printed on the truck window sticker in the last row of the sticker on a In Transit vehicle was a $50 credit for something like Active Fuel Management microchip/processor delete. Im getting a V8 Camaro SS. who cares about AFM?
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #62
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Ordered a 2021 2 SS 1LE in mid Feb. TPW is 5/17 as of now but who knows. Was looking at local dealers in SW Florida inventories. Was looking at Silverado 1500 because there are no Camaros or Vettes anywhere. Printed on the truck window sticker in the last row of the sticker on a In Transit vehicle was a $50 credit for something like Active Fuel Management microchip/processor delete. Im getting a V8 Camaro SS. who cares about AFM?
To be fair the v8 camaro gets really good gas mileage for highways Thanks to the cylinder deactivation.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:31 AM   #63
LegendarySS

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
Ehh first time Factory Camaro buyer, had a 2012 RS and 02 Firebird 2010 Impala. Was really looking forward to having my 2021 SS I put my order in 1/28 and my build week was 3/1. My car has a VIN has been bayed since 3/1 and when you look at the other manufacturers still doing their best to ship out their ENTIRE line it makes ME regret loving the (ICE) Camaro's so much. I'm sorry I don't believe someone paying more for their car should have to be inconvenienced because your profit margins are coming from the shit boxes they try to compete with Japan. I'm going to wait my car out but this will certainly be the last GM car I ever buy.
LegendarySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:54 AM   #64
nates89

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE
I put a deposit on a satin steel ZL1 1LE yesterday. Its a car the dealer had an allocation for and it was already on order.

The Event Status was 3000 with a TPW of 5/24 before I put my deposit down, but I changed the color and transmission. Does anyone know if that will effect my build date or Status Code?
nates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #65
boosedep3

Drives: 2018 SS1LE
I'm at 3100, does that mean I should be good on receiving a 2021?
boosedep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:19 PM   #66
1320it

Drives: Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uboatcmdr View Post

Obviously the sales manager and you don't know what you are talking about. The pandemic and semi conductor shortage has a serious effect on production and the supply chain.

Source: I work for a major automaker at head office. Your sales manager doesn't know much.
1320it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 06:43 PM   #67
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
What dealer did you order through 1320it?
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:10 AM   #68
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Ok folks. Just received the revised 2021 Build-Out schedule.

2021 Camaro build-out is now July 16th. Final dealer order submissions will happen on 5/6/21 and the final consensus is the 2nd consensus of April(next week).

If your dealer doesn't receive an allocation on their consensus next week, they more than likely will not be able to fulfil your 2021 order that is at 1100 status currently.

Hope this helps those of you with preliminary orders in limbo.
It's now been 9 days... So if I have not received an order number and my dealer says GM has not yet responded or "accepted" the order, is that it? It's over...?
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:01 PM   #69
Uboatcmdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320it View Post
Obviously the sales manager and you don't know what you are talking about. The pandemic and semi conductor shortage has a serious effect on production and the supply chain.

Source: I work for a major automaker at head office. Your sales manager doesn't know much.

Maybe she doesn't, BUT maybe she does (not my sales manager). I did a bit of a news search and found SPORADIC shortages of SPECIFIC chips that have caused SHORT shutdowns for many different brands, above mentioned fuel saving chip, climate control and jeep interior buttons to name a few. The news sources say it was because of canceled orders from last summer and for Jeep the texas cold weather. But those stories all said that those chip makers are now working hard to fill the demand.

Camaro stands out as the longest shutdown I could find. SHE said it was a GM CHOICE because of LOW demand and profits.

MY POINT > Once GM decides to produce Camaro's again they can satisfy all Customers like me and the handful of other factory order people active on this forum/thread because general demand sucks.

Since you are so knowledgeable about all this WHICH SPECIFIC CHIP AND ITS FUNCTION UNIQUE TO CAMARO is the CAUSE?? please post link
Old 04-25-2021, 10:11 PM   #70
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
mad lib

Try a mad lib. I shouldn't even need to give the phrase.
Attached Images

genxer is offline   Reply With Quote