Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #57
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
This is a great time to off load some extra cars. If we didn't sell the Corolla last month, I might actually sell the Camaro, but the Camaro is now the family car.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #58
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
With all the crazy offers I've been seeing I was curious what Vroom would offer me. Turned out to be $18,750, which is just over what I paid for it over a year and 12k miles ago. But then when I think about replacing it, I can't think of anything for similar dollars that tempts me, and since I'm looking at buying a house in 6-12 months, I don't want to increase my debt ratio on something more expensive, so it's here to stay.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #59
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
With all the crazy offers I've been seeing I was curious what Vroom would offer me. Turned out to be $18,750, which is just over what I paid for it over a year and 12k miles ago. But then when I think about replacing it, I can't think of anything for similar dollars that tempts me, and since I'm looking at buying a house in 6-12 months, I don't want to increase my debt ratio on something more expensive, so it's here to stay.
You're smarter than most of the people in the world today.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:01 PM   #60
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
You're smarter than most of the people in the world today.
I've done my fair share of poor automotive purchases, but right now, any extra dollars you'd get on selling a car, you'd just spend on the new one. I may want something more practical, like a hot hatch, once I buy a house. That's then though.

Youtube Channel

Old 04-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #61
SilverSurfer18

Drives: 2021 1SS Camaro
Yep I paid 38,500 for my 2021 1SS brand new back in November and now it has 7000 miles on it and Vroom offered me 43k then after no response back from me for a couple days they offered me 43,5k. Love my car too much to sell right now until i can find a decent priced zl1.
Old 04-27-2021, 02:51 PM   #62
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I've done my fair share of poor automotive purchases, but right now, any extra dollars you'd get on selling a car, you'd just spend on the new one. I may want something more practical, like a hot hatch, once I buy a house. That's then though.
Sadly there aren’t many hot hatches left to choose from. GTI, Veloster N, Civic Type R is about all that have survived and they are all pricey. Rumor has it the next generation Civic SI will come in a hatch...
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #63
foshjowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
Sadly there aren’t many hot hatches left to choose from. GTI, Veloster N, Civic Type R is about all that have survived and they are all pricey. Rumor has it the next generation Civic SI will come in a hatch...
The Veloster N would likely be my choice. When I looked a few weeks ago at the market they were mid-20s used, which doesn't seem bad. They'll only continue to drop. The Type R is tempting, but more than I want to spend on a used one right now. I'll be curious what happens to the prices if/when the next generation comes.

Youtube Channel

Old 04-27-2021, 03:02 PM   #64
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
GM had such an opportunity to get into that game with the Cruze hatch and they missed it. That was a sharp little car. If they had suped up the engine, beefed up the brakes and suspension, and sportified the interior they’d have had a hit.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #65
Chazzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
GM had such an opportunity to get into that game with the Cruze hatch and they missed it. That was a sharp little car. If they had suped up the engine, beefed up the brakes and suspension, and sportified the interior they’d have had a hit.
+1 on the Cruze, but to their credit unlike all the other manufacturers GM at least Still Builds a Hatch for the US market... And his name is “Sparky” Get one in Red Hot if you want the Hot Hatch version...😷😷😷
Old 04-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #66
Jason Mellon

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE & 2023 1LE
I refinanced my 1LE in February because my daughter is loan officer at our Credit Union and couldn’t pass up deal of .99% on 3 yr loan! Anyway, they said blue book value was $35k! Nearly what it was nearly 3 years ago! I didn’t expect that... Thought passed my mind...
Jason Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #67
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Corolla, Mini Cooper, Mini Clubman, Mazda 3, Civic Sport...
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:35 PM   #68
Chazzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Corolla, Mini Cooper, Mini Clubman, Mazda 3, Civic Sport...
I really like the Corolla XSE 6 speed Hatch with rev matching and the Mazda 3 Hatch while no speed version is sweet, but a bit awkward looking and has poorer outward visibility with that huge C pillar than Camaro... and that is saying something. While I’m happy these are all still available in the US market they only qualify as sporty and not hot. My Hyundai dealer told me that all but the Veloster N have been discontinued...
Old 04-27-2021, 11:32 PM   #69
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Was at the dealer today getting my oil changed. New car inventory VERY low. Sales guys don't have much work right now.

I did see a 2018 SS 1LE they got in recently. They want $45000 for it.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:11 AM   #70
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
The temptation was too great for me. Carmax offered me $37,400 for my 2017 Camaro SS. I paid $41,500 before tax and fees for it new back in 2017. I still loved the Camaro, but the prospect of maintaining two vehicles down the road was one I started to disfavor. So given the high offer Carmax was giving, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I have a Tesla Model 3 LR on order as its replacement.

I will miss the sound of the V8 and will miss the car as a whole, but I do look forward to the Model 3.

To drive that car for 1k a year is a steal. Hope you enjoy your Tesla as much..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote