Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #29
Guns F16

Drives: 2018 1 SS 1LE/FFR 818
Dude,

Don't go with the 1LE, I don't think you will be happy with it IMO. It's a hardcore version of the car that is very comfortable "for a track car." Finding used wheels someone is selling will be way easier than trying to get the interior that you want if that's your priority. You may have to be a bit patient on the wheels as these are fairly new cars, but I guarantee someone will change their 1LE wheels and sell the stockers.

Have you considered aftermarket wheels? Apex wheels makes some great looking wheels at a reasonable price. I might pick up some of these in the future for track duty.
Guns F16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:18 PM   #30
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
OP said he definitely wasn't going to track the car, it'll be a daily driver and he just wants the 1LE look (wheels), so in this context the e-diff does not seem as relevant vs the standard LSD.
I didn’t respond to the OP. I responded to Zapote21’s comment that his approach would yield an ‘auto 1LE.’ That’s why I quoted him, not the OP.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #31
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I'm sure it will be a cool car, but without the eDiff it's not a 1LE. Pretty important component.
True. But I have a stick now and my old knees are not sure they can handle more shifting...lol
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #32
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
I keep my 1LE in track mode for suspension, but that's what's comfy for ME. Tour mode is definitely softer. This is NOT a hard core car. The ZLE, yes, but not the SS 1LE.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #33
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapote21 View Post
True. But I have a stick now and my old knees are not sure they can handle more shifting...lol
eDiff or not I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #34
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoonie12g View Post
So as a Daily driver, is there a noticeable difference between the regular 2SS and the 2SS 1LE?
Yes I've driven multiple 6th Gen Camaro SS rental cars before buying my SS 1LE and one 2SS after and the 1LE is noticeably more stiff and uncomfortable on uneven roads, bumps, etc. The OEM 1LE wheels are forged and very strong...definitely preferable to aftermarket reproductions. I hit a bad pot hole going 70mph in the dark on the highway and I was impressed that the wheel wasn't cracked or bent at all. The stiffness is great for the track but the non-1LE is definitely more comfortable as a daily driver and it would have been my choice if I didn't plan to go to the track. The stiffness is not severe enough that I would avoid daily driving mine if I had to but some of the time I choose to drive a cheap beater instead especially when it is raining or rush hour since I can't enjoy the extra HP and the cost of tires and brakes is around 5x-10x less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPzypher View Post
Is the difference in grip noticeable? Is it a huge sacrifice in grip on dry surface?
Michelin PS4S tires should have almost as much dry grip as the 1LE Goodyear Supercar 3 tires. I would guess only a noticeable difference when comparing maximum possible cornering speeds on a race track where the SC3s reach a higher temperature and gain some more grip vs. normal city/highway driving. Plus the PS4S tires probably have better performance in cold and wet conditions than the SC3s. They would be a great choice for daily driving a Camaro SS in a warm climate or as summer tires for a colder climate along with a separate set of winter wheels/tires to deal with snow if the car is not stored for winter. PS4S tires are probably more grippy than the regular SS runflat tires.

Last edited by cdrptrks; 01-13-2020 at 05:39 AM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote