Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE


Emblempros


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Major suspension upgrade

I dropped my car off at DSC/TPC Racing this week. These guys do some amazing things. Their computer shaved 1.5 seconds in my Porsche GT3. I cant wait to see the improvement on my Camaro.

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u...4&e=f756a237ca
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
tx6g1le
 
tx6g1le's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 378
Subscribed. They have a dealer close to me in the Dallas area so I'm looking forward to the results!
__________________
2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
tx6g1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #3
WhyUMad1LE

 
Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,630
Let us know how it goes. Did you ever buy the GT350R?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Did you ever buy the GT350R?
My friend backed out and decided to keep the car
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,047
So what exactly will this change? The traction/stability software, the PTM software (both?), or the MRC software?
__________________
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #6
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So what exactly will this change? The traction/stability software, the PTM software (both?), or the MRC software?
both are great questions. im not sure how it really works, but it surely makes me go faster around a racetrack.
feel free to contact the Tom at DSC Sport. he can explain it.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
both are great questions. im not sure how it really works, but it surely makes me go faster around a racetrack.
feel free to contact the Tom at DSC Sport. he can explain it.
You may even want to send him the link to this thread so he can chime in...lots of us plan to track these cars.
__________________
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #8
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
You may even want to send him the link to this thread so he can chime in...lots of us plan to track these cars.
i did tell him about my post and he should expect some calls or emails. he isnt on this forum yet..
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #9
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op
 
Iron Oak's Avatar
 
Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
You may even want to send him the link to this thread so he can chime in...lots of us plan to track these cars.
I second this. If he needs a test mule, I manage Club Motorsports in Tamworth, NH. A 2.5 mile road course with over 700' of elevation change up and down in just one lap. When I get my 1LE and the snow is gone, I would be more than happy to do testing laps for data logging for them.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #10
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Oak View Post
I second this. If he needs a test mule, I manage Club Motorsports in Tamworth, NH. A 2.5 mile road course with over 700' of elevation change up and down in just one lap. When I get my 1LE and the snow is gone, I would be more than happy to do testing laps for data logging for them.
they do most of their testing at VIR, but you could always ask them.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:21 AM   #11
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE
 
Gen5er's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: King George, Va
Posts: 229
So they program a separate controller or do they reprogram the OEM controller? How does this effect the warranty? If you have separate controller is there a way for GM to tell you used and after market controller? I just wanna no - "Amine voice".
__________________
The "G" SEEKING M1SS1LE
Gen5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:35 AM   #12
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"
 
mjk3888's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 2,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5er View Post
So they program a separate controller or do they reprogram the OEM controller? How does this effect the warranty? If you have separate controller is there a way for GM to tell you used and after market controller? I just wanna no - "Amine voice".
I'm curious about this as well. I would love to be able to simply plug the stock unit back in to retain stock function.

I'm also curious about if any of the PTM modes are effected by this setup. Does it override all PTM modes to some preset suspension tune or is it tuneable on the fly by switching through the 5 PTM modes.
__________________
MJK3888 Instagram YouTube Road Atlanta: (1:38.91)
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #13
Chub2000
 
Chub2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I would love to be able to simply plug the stock unit back in to retain stock function.

I'm also curious about if any of the PTM modes are effected by this setup. Does it override all PTM modes to some preset suspension tune or is it tuneable on the fly by switching through the 5 PTM modes.
It takes about 60 seconds to plug the stock unit back in. The factory would never know that you were using a different computer.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い
 
SS 1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I would love to be able to simply plug the stock unit back in to retain stock function.

I'm also curious about if any of the PTM modes are effected by this setup. Does it override all PTM modes to some preset suspension tune or is it tuneable on the fly by switching through the 5 PTM modes.
It says in the link in the OP: "Remove OEM controller from bracket and replace with DSC sport controller."

I am very skeptical about the whole thing with this particular car though. Between the MRC, PTM and the eLSD, having some aftermarket company mess around with that (no matter how good of a shop) kinda would scare me a tad. Plus, I would assume these are things GM would have engineered to the fullest as there would be no reason to cut corners as they came from the Z06 and trickled down to our cars.

But, I am open to the idea and would give it a chance...and what is the cost of this????
__________________
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.