Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #15
BrandX
Camaro Again?

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_AF View Post
Definitely a lot of give and take with a family! My wishes and priorities come second, third or fourth yet I bring home the bacon. My wife doesn't like taking the SUV around town when she is free from the kids, but she's too afraid of a manual.
Bascially you bust your rear and always come second, third, forth.....???

I sense a little animosity here!!!!

If that is how it is for you all the time, coming second, third, or forth; then I feel bad for your situation. Marriage is give and take on BOTH sides....

With all due respect, if you really want the SS Sedan for yourself...then fine...

......but if you love the Camaro, well lets just say it sounds like you deserve it.

Just my opinion and hope no offense is taken.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #16
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
She has the Traverse so you have a family vehicle. I would continue to teach her how to drive a stick. Go out on some country roads and let her get used to it. It shouldn't take her long to be shifting like a pro. Then once she's competent driving it the only problem is she is going to want to drive the car and you drive the Traverse. I can't see her not loving driving the Camaro once she manual transmission down.
I would ask/tell her to wait until she has learned to manual transmission and see what she thinks then before running out and taking that hit on the Camaro. If she decides she likes it you are going to have to let her drive it sometimes...but you'll get to keep it with everybody happy.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #17
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
Yeah, I pay about 10K more in Fed Income Tax then my wife makes in a year, you go out and work hard, dab nabbit we don't get much but for that blood, sweat and tears, keep your Camaro!
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #18
8675309’SS

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Sell the traverse and get her a full size car. Enough room for kids and she doesn't have to drive the SUV
+ 1
Sounds like she is unhappy with HER vehicle. Also regarding learning manual if she IS truly interested in learning: 1. Maybe learning from a neutral party and not in Your Car would make it a better learning experience? 2. Do you have somewhere to go with little to no traffic?

My First Camaro! 2017 2SS 6M, Silver Ice Metallic, 20" Low Gloss Black Wheels, Red Fender Hashes, Ground FX, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Black Bowties. Ordered 4-22-16, Picked up 7-16-16.
8675309’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #19
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Your family is worth more than any car!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #20
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
Bascially you bust your rear and always come second, third, forth.....???

I sense a little animosity here!!!!

If that is how it is for you all the time, coming second, third, or forth; then I feel bad for your situation. Marriage is give and take on BOTH sides....

With all due respect, if you really want the SS Sedan for yourself...then fine...

......but if you love the Camaro, well lets just say it sounds like you deserve it.

Just my opinion and hope no offense is taken.
Absolutely correct...
Don't be like a donkey and just work for a carrot
My wife likes when I'm happy and I like to see hr happy. She wandted a special car she once saw just because of the headlights She got it. It was a Mercedes E 250 CGI Convertible. Expensive taste but if she's happy then..... So I ordered my Camaro 6 weeks ago and now she's happy for me. Win Win
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:12 PM   #21
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
I'll summarize this thread for you, OP.

Seems like the reasons for you to keep the car are:
1. Until she knows how to drive MT then she can't use that as her reasoning to sell.
2. She seems to be unhappy with her car so get her in a good one and trade that Traverse instead.
3. Give and take, man. . .Keep that Camaro and find another way. Your happiness is important too.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:54 PM   #22
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Definitely a lot of give and take with a family! My wishes and priorities come second, third or fourth yet I bring home the bacon. My wife doesn't like taking the SUV around town when she is free from the kids, but she's too afraid of a manual.
Get a new wife.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #23
Toad98370

Drives: 2017 2ss A8 Convertible
Switching cars is way less expensive. Trust me on that. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Toad98370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 02:27 PM   #24
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Yes, we have a Chevy Traverse as well so the kids can ride in comfort. I just get sick of the guilt trip from the wife, but I continue to offer lessons on how to drive a manual. I still wouldn't want her to take the Camaro by herself somewhere even if she could drive it.

Well thanks for the sanity check, I know it was a semi-selfish purchase but the wife and kids get everything else of mine so a cool car is all I have to hold on to the man card.
Ha. Ya happy wife happy life that is true to an extent. But man you gotta have some of your man stuff too. I've bought plenty of manual vehicles, jeeps, trucks, and now my camaro that my wife can't drive. Sure I tried to teach her on the Jeep a few times, but she just didn't really want to learn. Thing is I missed having a manual in my last vehicle and so I knew hands down I was getting one in the Camaro even if it was going to be a ZL1. Sure she wanted me to get the auto so she could drive it whenever (which is a bad idea in itself as I know she'd park it right in the middle of walmart and get it dinged to shit). So I simply replied that I will teach her whenever she wants. I've had my car a few months now and never has she cared enough to really want to learn. Thing is it's scary for some (not just girls) people to learn to move a stick around while you have an extra pedal. Works out fine for me, not having to worry about door dings or curb rash and she continues to zip around in her BMW.

That was longer than I expected to write, I guess a

TLR Don't trade it in just so your SO can drive it that's a big hit to take and a step down IMO. I wouldn't think the back seat is truly a must if you have a Traverse also, but to each their own.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #25
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
Your family is worth more than any car!
What he said.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:47 PM   #26
somewhatdamaged

Drives: 16' 2SS M6
Trade your Camaro for a A8 version, still have a Camaro, she can drive it. We have to keep in mind that it's not that easy to learn stick and be comfortable with it for daily driving if you have always driven auto. Plus not everyone WANTS to learn how to drive stick and should not be expected to.
somewhatdamaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #27
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
First, Mrs. number 3 prefers a manual. So I can't identify with that.

However, having an SS, I can tell you it is truly a full size car. It fits 4 full size adults with easy and comfort and I can get 4 golf bags in the trunk. It's very nearly an SUV for people and cargo.

Sell the Traverse and get an SS to go with the Camaro.
Old 09-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #28
central limit

Drives: 2016 1LT M6
It does not appear that the tensioner recall/stop sale has been lifted yet--repair parts are expected to ship to dealers mid-October--and another recall has surfaced since then. As far as I know, purchasing options for an SS, used or new, are limited to private sellers, non-GM dealers, or GM dealers willing to take a chance on violating the stop sale. If you haven't already, check out ssforums for more info.

I did test drive a 2014 before the stop sale. Hugely impressed, and as you probably know, that model was pre-MRC and auto-only. Still fantastically capable and comfortable. Among the very best family transports if you are okay with the fuel consumption and the prospect of tricky parts availability in the coming years.

Quote:
Yeah the driver side seatbelt tensioner was found to be faulty. So GM issued a mandatory recall for a new harness and seat cover for the SS. Should be all cleared up by now.
central limit is offline   Reply With Quote