Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
Transforming my Camaro SS - #3

This is the continuing saga of me - a novice mechanic - upgrading my Camaro SS Transformer edition.

My first posts can be found here
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469880

Today I installed my Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back exhaust I got from Juiced Motorsports (Thanks). The car sounds much better! It is a bit louder at start and idle than stock, though not an extreme amount and not so much as to be excessive (I have stock manifolds right now).

This was my first major effort underneath the car so I started by building some ramps I found on the internet and in this forum.

It was a bit harder than I thought to get the stock exhaust off. The clamp at the cat output was rusty and I had to hit it with Corrosion X then wait to break it loose. I also had to take off the rear diffuser to get the exhaust off the rubber hangers. But in the end I got the behemoth off - it's a one piece weldment with two huge suit cases. Off to the scrap yard!

I installed the entire SW system with loose clamps so I could make sure it was aligned and there was clearance along the entire length before I tightened everything up. I started tightening at the rear after centering the tips in the bumper cutouts. Then I worked my way forward tightening section by section.

The whole process took 4 1/2 hours but that includes waiting for the break free to work on the stock clamps.

I will be giving it a solid test drive this weekend with my new Vmax TB (see post #2) and SW exhaust. In the mean time, it sure looks and sounds better!!
Attached Images

Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote