Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-14-2023, 08:34 PM   #85
Alan47717

Drives: 2022 1LT RS 2.0t/6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I laughed really hard at this. But then I thought OMG maybe they actually believe this.

If they actually believe that post, yes.

Can be the case but it’s being worked o

Simply no. It’s going to a technology level we can’t even imagine.

Not ridiculous you just don’t see their point. I do

A 4 cylinder turbo Camaro, although very nice, is NOT a sports car and it surely is NOT a muscle car. It’s a fun to drive sporty car that the NVH issue is much less of a concern. Very few people, other than Honda Civic or VW GTI buyers are much interested in how their 4 cylinder sounds. So that’s an easy EV switch right there.
Their point? Don't want to own your remark now? The point, to refresh your memory, was whether or not a turbo 4 cylinder driver be more amenable to an EV. Nothing to do with the sports car issue.

As for that, I'll try to remember, the next time I'm carving up Gates Pass Rd. or Catalina Highway up to Mt. Lemmon (you might want to Google them), that I would be having so much more fun if I was driving a real sports car. Oh wait, the sports car/not sports car expert is the guy with two SUVs in his garage. Never mind.
Alan47717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 08:53 PM   #86
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike818 View Post
So much FUD.

Everyone is walking around with a battery powered super computer in their pocket, wirelessly connected to the global hive mind. I think we can handle some much needed infrastructure upgrade.

Consider what previous generations have achieved, and how crude their tools were compared to what we have now.
church
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:46 AM   #87
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
Their point? Don't want to own your remark now? The point, to refresh your memory, was whether or not a turbo 4 cylinder driver be more amenable to an EV. Nothing to do with the sports car issue.

As for that, I'll try to remember, the next time I'm carving up Gates Pass Rd. or Catalina Highway up to Mt. Lemmon (you might want to Google them), that I would be having so much more fun if I was driving a real sports car. Oh wait, the sports car/not sports car expert is the guy with two SUVs in his garage. Never mind.
When I said what I said about turbo 4 hot hatch owners being more open to an EV power plant, it came from experience/conversations with enthusiasts that own them. I also never said ALL 4 cylinder hot hatch owners would be more open to them versus me and other v8 owners. Just because you’re not, doesn’t mean others who own the type of power plan you do aren’t just like I’m sure there maybe some SS owners that might be open to an EV sports coupe even though I’m not. I 100% believe more turbo 4 owners are open to them versus V8/10/12 owners/enthusiasts.
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:27 AM   #88
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
When I said what I said about turbo 4 hot hatch owners being more open to an EV power plant, it came from experience/conversations with enthusiasts that own them. I also never said ALL 4 cylinder hot hatch owners would be more open to them versus me and other v8 owners. Just because you’re not, doesn’t mean others who own the type of power plan you do aren’t just like I’m sure there maybe some SS owners that might be open to an EV sports coupe even though I’m not. I 100% believe more turbo 4 owners are open to them versus V8/10/12 owners/enthusiasts.
I actually just cross shopped multiple vehicles to go alongside the Camaro and ended up with a 23 MK8 R. I test drove a model 3 performance to see if I'd like it and to be honest other than the initial hit it was quite boring. Turns out I prefer actually hearing the car work even if it is a little 4 banger.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:29 AM   #89
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I actually just cross shopped multiple vehicles to go alongside the Camaro and ended up with a 23 MK8 R. I actually test drove a model 3 performance to see if I'd like it and to be honest other than the initial hit it was quite boring. Turns out I prefer actually hearing the car work even if it is a little 4 banger.
I feel the same way. Unfortunately an EV may be in my future as I suspect my 16 year old will be asking for one next year. I'm hoping I can get her to compromise and get a hybrid (with 10,000 airbags preferably).
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #90
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I actually just cross shopped multiple vehicles to go alongside the Camaro and ended up with a 23 MK8 R. I test drove a model 3 performance to see if I'd like it and to be honest other than the initial hit it was quite boring. Turns out I prefer actually hearing the car work even if it is a little 4 banger.
I also would have chosen what you choose. That’s one of the more powerful/fun turbo 4’s. If the budget allowed I would love to have a golf R as a daily.
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #91
Puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I feel the same way. Unfortunately an EV may be in my future as I suspect my 16 year old will be asking for one next year. I'm hoping I can get her to compromise and get a hybrid (with 10,000 airbags preferably).
You've still got a year to convince her don't give up.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:33 AM   #92
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
I live on the west coast in Canada and out here there is a big push/incentive from the gov't to help apt. building owners add EV chargers to their complexes. This also involves municipal bldg's and certain areas of the city. BIG incentives for EV and solar up here in Canada (on west coast). Seems every week there is a request coming through my office for an owner, city, school or whatever to install Level II chargers. In a town of 100k we have 3 Tesla supercharge stations scattered in the city... crazy!
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:45 AM   #93
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

LOL, never said a 4 cylinder Camaro didn't handle well or wasn't fun. But it is just not a sports car. But that definition has always been debatable in our circles.

And be very careful to judge what's in my garage. 1 is my wife's choice, the other is a company car so I don't argue with anyone that wants to pay for what I drive.

Last edited by Number 3; 05-15-2023 at 10:10 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:27 AM   #94
Puddin

Quote:
I also would have chosen what you choose. That’s one of the more powerful/fun turbo 4’s. If the budget allowed I would love to have a golf R as a daily.
Yeah it came down to the R and the Supra. Since I already have the Camaro another two door sports car was pointless for me. I thought I would've liked the Tesla more but It was bland to me after a while.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:36 PM   #95
Alan47717

Quote:
What you said? Or what Number 3 said? Or are you one person posting under two names? I know I'm confused.

Anyway, the person posting as Number 3 made some rather strongly worded statements about 4 cylinder Gen 6 Camaros that I believe have nothing behind them except uninformed opinion and ignorance. That is what I wish to debate, not whether or not VW GTI owners might be willing to switch to an EV (who cares).

And are you really lumping turbo 4 Camaros in with "hot hatch" fwd skateboards? Please tell me that was not what you intended.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:18 PM   #96
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
What you said? Or what Number 3 said? Or are you one person posting under two names? I know I'm confused.

Anyway, the person posting as Number 3 made some rather strongly worded statements about 4 cylinder Gen 6 Camaros that I believe have nothing behind them except uninformed opinion and ignorance. That is what I wish to debate, not whether or not VW GTI owners might be willing to switch to an EV (who cares).

And are you really lumping turbo 4 Camaros in with "hot hatch" fwd skateboards? Please tell me that was not what you intended.
Ignorance? LOL I would suggest you would rather insult than discuss.

You may explain how the Camaro 4 cylinder turbo is either a muscle car or a sports car. I will actually participate in a discussion on the matter. And as you may have missed, I, ar least, openly admit there is room for other opinions. You? Not so much.

Last edited by Number 3; 05-15-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 08:41 PM   #97
Alan47717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ignorance? LOL would suggest you would rather insult than discuss.

You may explain how the Camaro 4 cylinder turbo is either a muscle car or a sports car. I will actually participate in a discussion on the matter. And as you may have missed, I, ar least, openly admit there is room for other opinions. You? Not so much.
Why would I try to explain why the 4 cylinder Camaro is either a muscle car or a sports car when that isn't the subject of the debate? You stated, emphatically, that the turbo 4 cylinder Camaro was NOT a sports car. I say you're wrong.

If you want to discuss that, fine. You can complain about my tone or intransigence, but I haven't been changing the subject.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:05 PM   #98
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Why would I try to explain why the 4 cylinder Camaro is either a muscle car or a sports car when that isn't the subject of the debate? You stated, emphatically, that the turbo 4 cylinder Camaro was NOT a sports car. I say you're wrong.

If you want to discuss that, fine. You can complain about my tone or intransigence, but I haven't been changing the subject.
I with you on this… it IS a sports car.

A sports car (sportscar) is a small, usually two seater, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the first known use of the term was in 1928.
Sports cars may be spartan or luxurious, but high maneuverability and minimum weight are requisite.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote