Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2021, 05:45 PM   #1
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
SC coolant line... came apart? 500 miles on 2021 ZL1...

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Some coolant line I believe for the SC seemed to have split apart or something? Not sure when it happened.. I see a little bit of coolant down around the line but not much just some drops, nothing pooled up at the bottom of engine bay or on the floor... May of just happened when I started car up for about 1 minute to get ready to move car onto ramps for oil change but changed mind and shut car off (was raining out and figured I'd do the work tomorrow instead).

Just had paint corrected on the car, ppf, ceramic, tint, etc done, drove it back and parked it. 550 or so miles on it, 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10.

Thanks!
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
I just removed that exact line to place a reservoir. That is the bleed connection for the factory fill for the intercooler circuit.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #3
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
I just removed that exact line to place a reservoir. That is the bleed connection for the factory fill for the intercooler circuit.
Yeah.. Have been looking at installing the ADM reservoir v2 but was planning it at a later time... And then was about to install a green filter in factory air box and noticed that piece was broken into 2... at 500ish miles! Lol.

How much fluid came out when you replaced the line? It looks like I lost only a little and am hopeful no damage and went ahead and ordered the ADM reservoir v2 to swap in place and will fill and air bleed and see how she runs, if good.. Awesome.. If maybe pump damaged or anything I'll swap original piece back in place and take to the dealer. I just don't want to deal with the dealer if I don't have to especially with brand new ppf and ceramic in place and worried they will really jack up the paint every time they touch the car, lol!
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:46 PM   #4
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Yeah.. Have been looking at installing the ADM reservoir v2 but was planning it at a later time... And then was about to install a green filter in factory air box and noticed that piece was broken into 2... at 500ish miles! Lol.

How much fluid came out when you replaced the line? It looks like I lost only a little and am hopeful no damage and went ahead and ordered the ADM reservoir v2 to swap in place and will fill and air bleed and see how she runs, if good.. Awesome.. If maybe pump damaged or anything I'll swap original piece back in place and take to the dealer. I just don't want to deal with the dealer if I don't have to especially with brand new ppf and ceramic in place and worried they will really jack up the paint every time they touch the car, lol!
Maybe 2oz came out when that line was removed. I doubt anything would be damaged and the pump will not run if it was dry. Just put on the reservoir once it arrives and forget about that POS factory fitting. Good luck with your resolution.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would have it replaced under warranty!
Old 01-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #6
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I would have it replaced under warranty!
If for no other reason than it can contribute to a history of failure. That’s how TSB’s are developed. May be an issue that is just now coming to light, like the valve spring fiasco it takes known failures to make them take notice.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:19 AM   #7
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
If for no other reason than it can contribute to a history of failure. That’s how TSB’s are developed. May be an issue that is just now coming to light, like the valve spring fiasco it takes known failures to make them take notice.
True, I don't think I've seen but one ZL1 here that had the valve spring failure unless I missed some. My car's build date is within the affected build dates but I've got 2300 miles on it now and its been modified and I haven't had any issues with my valve springs so I'm hopeful that the number of cars actually affected is really low. I know mine is fine, but nothing worse than to hear about a new owner that just bought their vehicle to have a mechanical parts failure and have to get their car repaired under warranty.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #8
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
True, I don't think I've seen but one ZL1 here that had the valve spring failure unless I missed some. My car's build date is within the affected build dates but I've got 2300 miles on it now and its been modified and I haven't had any issues with my valve springs so I'm hopeful that the number of cars actually affected is really low. I know mine is fine, but nothing worse than to hear about a new owner that just bought their vehicle to have a mechanical parts failure and have to get their car repaired under warranty.
I’ve seen at least a good 4-5 springs failures posted about here over the last month, and also if you Google it lots of “GM Tech” type pages come up with service techs discussing cars that have failed at their lots. That being said, all of them seem to happen under 1,000 miles, with the vast majority I’ve read about being in the first couple/few hundred miles.... and I think I’ve only read about one or two C8s that broke just over 1,000 miles.

Me, personally, I sort of have the 2,000 mile mark in my head for a “coast is clear” threshold. Obviously not very scientific haha.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, coolant, lines, supercharger, zl1