Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Review on Silvers coilovers

I figured id take a shot at a coilover company id never really heard of before and see how they performed. I did some research trying to find something at a reasonable price thats not BC because ive had them in the past on my FRS and they were awful and quickly replaced with fortune autos. As you guys know we don't have many options so when I found a company that made digressive coilovers for our cars I jumped at it.

Quailty seems on point, I didnt see any areas of question or short cuts. All the materials seem solid and well made. I took some weights and found that some pounds are saved all around from the original non-magride shocks with px1 springs

Install went pretty smoothly, everything fit perfect, all abs and brake line mounts are were they should be and hold the oem clips.

Driveability is great, unlike some of the coilovers ive been on in the past that the adjustments dont do anything, these make a big difference as you adjust them. If you adjust them all the way to soft you will know, same as adjusting all the way to hard. The car will respond and bounce very differently. Its a little rougher then stock but easy to live with everyday. I didnt equip my car with active shocks so the stock SS shocks are really too soft and soggy, it drove me insane so the control and stability I got from coilovers is a big bump.

Tracking ill be going tomorrow to Poconos track night hopefully if the weather holds and I get out of work on time so ill let you guys know

Only thing that was a negative was the rear damper adjustments arent labeled, they follow the same direction as the fronts( left soft-right hard) so I ended up labeling it with a marker.
I also found a discount code for free shipping and some % off if anyone does want them from their site. " trackmonster2019" is what I used. LMK if you guys have any questions about them
Attached Images

BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
silvers is the brand? never heard of them
Old 06-11-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Never heard of the brand either .. got a link ?
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Good luck at Pocono - it's a lot of fun.

If you can, I'd raise the car up a bit and get it realigned before hitting Pocono. The car really doesn't want to be that low to have the suspension working right.

I found their website here: https://silvers-na.com/product/silve...t-camaro-2014/

If you're on the default spring rate, expect a little more understeer. Those are almost three times as stiff up front and only twice as stiff in the rear.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
kropscamaro16

$1095 ? probably same junk factory that makes megan racing and godspeed and other no name brands
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Good luck. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:20 PM   #7
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
$1095 ? probably same junk factory that makes megan racing and godspeed and other no name brands
I had never heard of them before but I took the chance to try them and I am not disappointed. Just because someone spends 3k on KW or like brands doesn't guarantee they will win the race events or even be more durable. The only thing that is assured is you gave the company a larger profit on the sale. What are you running on since you are so opinionated on the quality?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Old 06-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #8
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
Good luck at Pocono - it's a lot of fun.

If you can, I'd raise the car up a bit and get it realigned before hitting Pocono. The car really doesn't want to be that low to have the suspension working right.

I found their website here: https://silvers-na.com/product/silve...t-camaro-2014/

If you're on the default spring rate, expect a little more understeer. Those are almost three times as stiff up front and only twice as stiff in the rear.
yea its a bit late to align it now haha but I last ran on poconos with just phastek springs and it wasn't too bad but much softer and kinda tail happy on exits. The motion ratio on these cars are around .57 right? I had assumed the 12k act around 6.5k ish. After these runs ill see about changing the rates.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 PM   #9
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
I had never heard of them before but I took the chance to try them and I am not disappointed. Just because someone spends 3k on KW or like brands doesn't guarantee they will win the race events or even be more durable. The only thing that is assured is you gave the company a larger profit on the sale. What are you running on since you are so opinionated on the quality?
They can feel great and still be crap. Depends on the material used and the manufacturing process. Also longevity.

At that price point, they are skimping somewhere. The question is where.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 AM   #10
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
They can feel great and still be crap. Depends on the material used and the manufacturing process. Also longevity.

At that price point, they are skimping somewhere. The question is where.
Ill let you guys know when it shows its self but for now I just wanted to share another option away from BC that alot of people run at the same price point.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #11
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post

i just know alot about carparts coilovers megan , bc , godspeed and alot of other companies are around $1000 or so and great for lowering the vehicle and to be a stanceboi but not great for track use. i have been working with powell raceshop in canada on the yyz springs and also his new shocks that i installed last weekend as a track option replacement setup for 6th gens. if i were to buy coilovers it would be for track use and even the kw v1-v3 isnt going to be a good option. If i wanted a track focused coil over setup is would be mcs or moton or ohlins and it would be around $5-6k which is a little too rich for my blood
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #12
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
i just know alot about carparts coilovers megan , bc , godspeed and alot of other companies are around $1000 or so and great for lowering the vehicle and to be a stanceboi but not great for track use. i have been working with powell raceshop in canada on the yyz springs and also his new shocks that i installed last weekend as a track option replacement setup for 6th gens. if i were to buy coilovers it would be for track use and even the kw v1-v3 isnt going to be a good option. If i wanted a track focused coil over setup is would be mcs or moton or ohlins and it would be around $5-6k which is a little too rich for my blood
So youre trying to tell me some lowering springs from a guy which you work with or is sponsored by, is better then all the coilovers under 5-6k? I find that a little hard to believe lol but I looked into the concern for cost and emailed them to avoid speculation but rather some more direct information and this is what they said.

"We are able to be at the pricing that we are, because unlike most other brands out there, we make all of our own parts at our manufacturing facility in Taiwan. And no, it isn’t a sweatshop like what is in everyone’s heads, it’s a very*nice and clean facility. (Video of it from our about us page:*www.silvers-na.com/about-us*) Since we do make all of our own parts, there is no added markup, shipping, lengthy build times etc. If we don’t have the necessary parts to build an order, then we put it into the build line and run a batch of whatever is needed*and 2-3 days later the kit is built and out the door. We hand assemble every single coilover, and shock dyno every single shock and patch pairs within 5%. Also since we do make all of our own parts, we are able to do higher quality finishes like our electroless*nickel plated shock bodies. Most everyone in our price range and even on up uses the poor quality powder paint which is easily scratched. If you do some digging you will see that the majority of off-road racing shocks such as icon, king, fox racing etc all*use the nickel finish due to its durability. It is more expensive, but with us having it in house the costs are less than others that outsource for the powder paint. Lastly, we are new here to the US, but we have been around since 99’ and in time attack, circuit*racing, and won Porsche cup Asia two times. In the video I linked you can also see a lot of clips of the circuit racing Silver’s was involved in over the years"
Old 06-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #13
kropscamaro16

lol im not trying to tell or sell you anything but you lost me at taiwan

as mentioned above let us know how they are what are the spring rates and how many adjustments do they have ?
Old 06-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #14
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Quote:
lol im not trying to tell or sell you anything but you lost me at taiwan

as mentioned above let us know how they are what are the spring rates and how many adjustments do they have ?
Most things are made over seas but some rather pay more to assemble foreign parts here for some reason but, if youre ever around njmp or Poconos lmk we can have a fair comparison of my overseas coilovers to your lowering springs on a track day. There are 24 adjustments.