Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 10-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #43
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Bret, I sent you what I had. I think the logs show enough to shed a little light on the issue. Also, I noticed something else which I explained in the email.

If I can get a full 5th gear pull this weekend I will send those to you as well.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #44
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The torque tables have to be on the money. This also includes the TCM limiter table. The process to get them dialed in is not trivial and is very time consuming.
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:22 PM   #45
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
The torque tables have to be on the money. This also includes the TCM limiter table. The process to get them dialed in is not trivial and is very time consuming.
You tuned my car. You said there was no reason to touch virtual torque tables with only intake and ported TB/IM. You also haven't answered any of my follow up emails.

I haven't been able to send my TCM out to be unlocked yet. I'm surprised I'm having these issues with such minimal mods.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #46
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Bret, car is going to the dealer on Monday. Everything back to stock and it still does the same thing. I think it is an issue with the transmission itself. Possibly Torque Converter or the TCM. No CEL's though.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM   #47
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Bret, car is going to the dealer on Monday. Everything back to stock and it still does the same thing. I think it is an issue with the transmission itself. Possibly Torque Converter or the TCM. No CEL's though.
Okay buddy. At least we tried. I will look over the logs again.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #48
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Okay buddy. At least we tried. I will look over the logs again.
Thanks, the last set of logs is what got me thinking its not a tuning issue. I used to only notice an issue in 5th gear, but now even in 4th I feel the power loss coming in and out but there is no TMA or KR or timing changes in the datalogs. Just a loss of RPM like the converter is locking and unlocking.

I'll update this thread with the outcome.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #49
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Thanks, the last set of logs is what got me thinking its not a tuning issue. I used to only notice an issue in 5th gear, but now even in 4th I feel the power loss coming in and out but there is no TMA or KR or timing changes in the datalogs. Just a loss of RPM like the converter is locking and unlocking.

I'll update this thread with the outcome.
Your TM is coming in but it is from the Trans. That will eventually have to be tuned out. But I am seeing converter slip as well. I noticed some TB blade closure on one. But that could have been from a down shift. You are making the correct choice of taking it in.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #50
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Anybody else here think that GM's over protective tuning on this A8 trans is causing premature converter failure from too much slipping and TM?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #51
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Anybody else here think that GM's over protective tuning on this A8 trans is causing premature converter failure from too much slipping and TM?
The issue is in the Torque Converter. Mine had the "shudder" issue at 2000 miles and was flushed and reprogrammed. I think the issue is just coming back in another form. Pretty sure they are going to replace the converter, valve body, or whole thing since I had the shudder issue prior. My service adviser is already prepared to clear out a bay and reserve his transmission guy for Monday when I bring it in.

The car also used to shift a lot firmer at moderate to full throttle. Now only 1-2 shift has a good kick and the rest, while quick, feel sloppy and loose.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:26 PM   #52
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
I agree but if you have been following some of the A8 threads guys are getting the issue popping up again with the replacement converter...which is why I asked if anybody thinks the stock tuning may be the culprit.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #53
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I agree but if you have been following some of the A8 threads guys are getting the issue popping up again with the replacement converter...which is why I asked if anybody thinks the stock tuning may be the culprit.
Ah I see your point. I suppose its possible. There was a supposed TCM update that was supposed to be applied to the cars that had TC issues. But maybe it was just a TCM learning reset.

I will say after my car had the TC flush and TCM reflash (or so dealer said) it never seemed to shift as crisp as I remember. Now after the car heats up its rather sloppy. I think it's getting worse.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #54
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Got the car back from the dealer. I haven't had a chance to drive it too hard past 3rd gear. It seems to shift better but don't know about 4th and 5th yet. Basically the dealer couldn't reproduce the issue..but because they wouldn't do any 4th or 5th gear WOT pulls. So they flushed the fluid again and did a TCM reset/relearn. They said drive it a couple hundred miles and if the issue is still there to bring it back.

So in the long run they didn't do jack. The issue is probably still there. Car is bone stock, on stock tune, with only Borla exhaust. Guess I get to fight it out with them some more unless they want to make a deal on that sweet Corvette they have sitting on the lot.......

Someone buy my mods lol
Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #55
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Got to mexico tonight. In bone stock form it drives perfect except for 4-5 shift. Torque Management Advance still kicks in. I'm reading of others with the same issue so it almost seems like this is actually designed this way by GM and I have to tune the TCM to get rid of it. I don't know if I'm going to pursue this with the dealer or not. Kinda got my eye on this sweet 2015 Z06 down the street......I might get back into a vette and go back to a manual transmission.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #56
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
You tuned my car. You said there was no reason to touch virtual torque tables with only intake and ported TB/IM. You also haven't answered any of my follow up emails.

I haven't been able to send my TCM out to be unlocked yet. I'm surprised I'm having these issues with such minimal mods.
My fault on the email!

Call me at (352)*552-7112 when you have some time. We can look at certain PIDs to see what is exactly happening and adjust accordingly.
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote