Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2022, 12:41 AM   #29
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Great video! I am not familiar with that track, but here are some things I saw that might help!

Maybe get a Garmin or something else to get some more feedback about what you are doing on the lap. How do you keep track of tire PSI going out? Or do you do that when you get done with the session and adjust then?

Noticed that you are shifting around 5800-6k RPMs? When the GT500 was near, you seemed to start using the entire rpm range you purchased

You are also shifting around a lot in the seat; maybe change it out to fit better for you?

What happened at 11:57? Did you not have enough brakes?

Maybe over winter, do Seat, Motion-controlled suspension, and AP brakes?
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:47 AM   #30
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
Great video! I am not familiar with that track, but here are some things I saw that might help!

Maybe get a Garmin or something else to get some more feedback about what you are doing on the lap. How do you keep track of tire PSI going out? Or do you do that when you get done with the session and adjust then?

Noticed that you are shifting around 5800-6k RPMs? When the GT500 was near, you seemed to start using the entire rpm range you purchased

You are also shifting around a lot in the seat; maybe change it out to fit better for you?

What happened at 11:57? Did you not have enough brakes?

Maybe over winter, do Seat, Motion-controlled suspension, and AP brakes?
Thanks for your observations!

I have a AimSport Solo 2. I just didn't run it. With cording tires my goal wasn't to run fast laps. I ended up running 1:39s which is pretty quick around here but still, I was just focusing on having fun.... until that dang Mustang showed up. hahaha

I noticed that too, that I was moving around a bit. It's the first time I've been uncomfortable. I'll be looking into racing seats if I decide to go full send with this car.

The Stock Brakes are fine, although I'm due for a fluid change which is why I ran off that one time I think.

I check PSI hot off the track after every session.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:49 AM   #31
NG329

So I just got my second set of Pirelli DH Takeoffs and they look very very nice! Barely used. I feel like this set is the true definition of scrubs. I'll take pics when I get a chance.

I'm extremely happy with this new set for $800 ($920 shipped).

305/660/18
325/660/18

I'm running the 660 height instead of the 680 this time around.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:22 PM   #32
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
Thanks for your observations!

I have a AimSport Solo 2. I just didn't run it. With cording tires my goal wasn't to run fast laps. I ended up running 1:39s which is pretty quick around here but still, I was just focusing on having fun.... until that dang Mustang showed up. hahaha

I noticed that too, that I was moving around a bit. It's the first time I've been uncomfortable. I'll be looking into racing seats if I decide to go full send with this car.

The Stock Brakes are fine, although I'm due for a fluid change which is why I ran off that one time I think.

I check PSI hot off the track after every session.
With your seat movement, do you lock your seatbelt? Pull it full out quickly and let it come back to your chest. That will lock the belt and now you can just keep pulling it tighter until it holds you in the seat. Also, make sure you use the telescope on the wheel adjustment. From the videos it doesn't look like the wheel is completely adjusted, it looks high and far away. But that could be the camera view.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:31 PM   #33
NG329

New tires
Attached Images