Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2022, 10:10 AM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Rear suspension cradle questions and upgrades.

Currently own a lt1 camaro which if I’m not mistaken comes with fe3 suspension.
However I’m looking to upgrade my rear cradle to the fe4 variant, I’m aware the bushings is the sole difference between these cradles. It would be more of a hassle to remove my current cradle and get the bushings pressed out and replaced for new ones due to transporting the cradle blah blah blah.

My true question and reason for this post is to ask… Does anyone know if the cradle will have any fitment issues? I’ve done mass amounts of research and come to the conclusion that from the Ats to the zl1 they are all the exact same and should be direct replacements. Asking in here to get more opinions and knowledge.

All alpha chassis cars seem to have the same exact parts some with slight differences but when it comes to the suspension it just seems like different bushings/stiffness of the part is the difference. Let me know what’s in your Brains much appreciated.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'd go with the GMPP ZL1 1LE bushings. The job is a PITA but fairly straightforward.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #3
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
BMR's part# BK063 is their rear cradle lock out kit is an easy way to greatly reduce movement there and a relatively easy DIY. https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=...635&superpro=0

Look in the Suspension/Brakes forum for more info like this- https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...mr+cradle+lock
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote