#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-20-2022, 08:35 PM   #29
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You forget that there is a VIN-based warranty block, too. If a car is put on that list, no warranty work allowed whatsoever from then on.
For what it’s worth I work at a dealership as a service advisor. I’ve never been in a chevy service department but For Hyundai/Genesis if something like this were to occur it would usually be to the car having a rebuilt title or something to that effect. I’ve had some people buy flood cars then try to come in for warranty work and big red letters pop up when you run the Vin that say NO WARRANTY!

Typically if we were to have something modified come in 9/10 times there is no problem related to the mods. Now for the once in a blue moon occasion with a motor knocking and a bigger turbo strapped to something with drift stickers all over, and the customers issue is CEL flashing. Then that’s something different. It almost always comes down to customer relations with the dealer and history of work performed.

I don’t see an issue where things would escalate so high just for wanting a simple swap to high performance aftermarket DOT 4! That’s crazy!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:38 PM   #30
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
I decided not to change the brake pads this time around since the pads only have 3000 miles on them but I will try the Carbontech since I do have it on my list to try.

Also a quick update for everyone reading, The dealer called me back 2 days later and the Service manager had their "Warranty Manager" on the phone with me and apologize for the mishap and said they can do the procedure but I told them too late you already pissed me off so I'll do it myself. They explain the staff should've been knowledgeable but I'm like its not rocket science.

I just completed it recently and it wasn't as bad as I thought. It just took 2 hours of my time. I decided to choose a different fluid this time around as well and I am using BREMBO HTC64 now since it came in on time. The Pedal is stiff how I like it & Clutch feels good too. I should be well equipped now for the upcoming track day.

So far the things I've done:

Track Alignment
Changed Engine Oil
Changed Brake Fluid
Changed Rear Diff Fluid

Pending Item: Transmission Fluid Change. I dont think I will do this yet since the gears feel fine so far when I am rowing them.
Do you frequent this dealer often? Are there new faces in the services department? I’m a service advisor and I’m just curious!

Old 07-20-2022, 08:54 PM   #31
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Pending Item: Transmission Fluid Change. I dont think I will do this yet since the gears feel fine so far when I am rowing them.
I just did the trans fluid this weekend. I already had the car up to do oil change, diff fluid change & brake fluid flush and had purchased some Amsoil TorqueDrive ATF, so decided to get it done. Similarly, my trans felt fine prior and the car has less than 9k miles (although about 10 track days) on her, but I will say the new fluid feels a decent amount smoother shifting. It's not a massive difference, but noticeable. FWIW, it was also super easy to do, just as easy as the diff fluid.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:20 AM   #32
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Do you frequent this dealer often? Are there new faces in the services department? I’m a service advisor and I’m just curious!
I only go to them every now and then like 3x a year. They serviced my old camaro which was a 16 2SS and I had them do nothing but brake fluid flush and oil changes, that's it. I gave them my old VIN but that didn't matter I guess since I had a 1LE I guess they thought it would be different, who knows. They dont get those kind of cars often. This would've been my first time going to them with my new car since 6 months ago, so I am unable to tell if there are new faces or not. I did learn how to do stuff on my car so that's a plus.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #33
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I just did the trans fluid this weekend. I already had the car up to do oil change, diff fluid change & brake fluid flush and had purchased some Amsoil TorqueDrive ATF, so decided to get it done. Similarly, my trans felt fine prior and the car has less than 9k miles (although about 10 track days) on her, but I will say the new fluid feels a decent amount smoother shifting. It's not a massive difference, but noticeable. FWIW, it was also super easy to do, just as easy as the diff fluid.
Really? Ok I will consider that. I keep hearing good things about Amsoil. I guess I will start using them for engine oil and trans fluid. Did you use the plug where the sensor is as a drain plug? It seems the original drain plug is in a tight spot. If it's easy as the diff fluid, then I will change it during my next oil change. Car is currently at 6K.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:55 AM   #34
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Really? Ok I will consider that. I keep hearing good things about Amsoil. I guess I will start using them for engine oil and trans fluid. Did you use the plug where the sensor is as a drain plug? It seems the original drain plug is in a tight spot. If it's easy as the diff fluid, then I will change it during my next oil change. Car is currently at 6K.
No, I used the proper drain plug on the trans. It's actually quite easy to access with a 3/8" swivel on a 3" extension. The fluid makes a bit of a mess dripping through the crossmember, but I just sprayed it down with brake cleaner once the job was done.

I only switched to Amsoil TorqueDrive for the trans since I read a lot of good things. Diff fluid I use the ACDelco 10-4034, motor oil Mobil 1 15W-50, brake fluid Castrol SRF. My car is primarily tracked and sees very few street miles.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:50 PM   #35
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
I keep hearing good things about Amsoil. I guess I will start using them for engine oil and trans fluid.
You have to use 0W-40 or 5W-40 oil with Dexos2 approval to maintain your engine warranty if you are going to track the car according to the manual and performance supplement. Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 is the most popular and the factory fill on new V8 Camaros. Or you could switch to 15W-50 before every track day and switch back to a street oil afterwards. They might not actually check if you have warranty work done but it is best to cover yourself and have receipts for the appropriate oil in case they ask for proof later if you are doing your own oil changes to avoid possible warranty issues in the future.
cdrptrks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 05:32 PM   #36
crc91

Quote:
I only go to them every now and then like 3x a year. They serviced my old camaro which was a 16 2SS and I had them do nothing but brake fluid flush and oil changes, that's it. I gave them my old VIN but that didn't matter I guess since I had a 1LE I guess they thought it would be different, who knows. They dont get those kind of cars often. This would've been my first time going to them with my new car since 6 months ago, so I am unable to tell if there are new faces or not. I did learn how to do stuff on my car so that's a plus.

That maybe part of the issue as well. A LOT of what goes on at dealerships is wether on not the customer has a track record with service/sales. Now I agree it shouldn’t be a big deal and any advisor/service manager should understand what you are trying to do and help. Now they could put it in and say look this isn’t our part # so we can’t warranty any thing that might get damaged from this fluid, if the fluid is to blame. (Which we know it wouldn’t be) and then as a Customer you understand you are taking a risk then that’s fine. But I’d be willing to bet if they knew you better, or if you took your car in for service and made it a point to introduce yourself to the service manager and tell him what you intend to do with the car it would be a different story. There’s a lot of grey area a dealer operates in when it comes to things like that, aftermarket parts, actual warranties, and even good will assistance. I personally had a friend with a 5th gen v6 whose engine grenades at a track event, and due to having a good relationship at his local dealer they took the car in he was willing to pay diag, and it turns out they found the cause of failure and his engine got replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk