Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
crz2fer

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Strange rubbing/buzzing noise from passenger side

Got my A8 2018 2SS back in April and has about 2.3k miles on it (haven’t driven it hard whatsoever). I live at the top of a steep hill, so I’m used to hearing all the pops coming from the exhaust as it engine brakes down the hill (especially on cold start).
However yesterday as I reached the stop sign at the bottom of the hill to turn 90 degrees left I heard a loud rubbing/buzzing/vibrating sound (not metal on metal) Coming from the passengers side as I made the turn and accelerated. As I straightened out of the turn the noise went away. I tried several more turns to try and recreate the sound but couldn’t. I checked the passenger front wheel well for sign of rubbing or wear and found nothing.
Next day, cold start, same hill, same turn, SAME noise. Tried to recreate the turn about a block further down and couldn’t get it to happen again. Still no signs of wear on the tire or the wheel well liner.
Anybody know what’s going on??
crz2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:47 AM   #2
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Sounds like positrac plates are sticking
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #3
Azerlazer26

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz2fer View Post
Got my A8 2018 2SS back in April and has about 2.3k miles on it (haven’t driven it hard whatsoever). I live at the top of a steep hill, so I’m used to hearing all the pops coming from the exhaust as it engine brakes down the hill (especially on cold start).
However yesterday as I reached the stop sign at the bottom of the hill to turn 90 degrees left I heard a loud rubbing/buzzing/vibrating sound (not metal on metal) Coming from the passengers side as I made the turn and accelerated. As I straightened out of the turn the noise went away. I tried several more turns to try and recreate the sound but couldn’t. I checked the passenger front wheel well for sign of rubbing or wear and found nothing.
Next day, cold start, same hill, same turn, SAME noise. Tried to recreate the turn about a block further down and couldn’t get it to happen again. Still no signs of wear on the tire or the wheel well liner.
Anybody know what’s going on??
Is this sound happening when the car is still cold? Do you hear it when you only take sharp turns? If so, it’s most likely your LSD. There’s a TSB for a groaning sound when taking turns when the car is cold.
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
crz2fer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Is this sound happening when the car is still cold? Do you hear it when you only take sharp turns? If so, it’s most likely your LSD. There’s a TSB for a groaning sound when taking turns when the car is cold.
Yeah so far I’ve only noticed it within the first few minutes of the car being turned on during sharp turns from a stop.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #5
Azerlazer26

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz2fer View Post
Yeah so far I’ve only noticed it within the first few minutes of the car being turned on during sharp turns from a stop.
This might help you. It’s a known issue for the cars equipped with the LSD. I would hear the clicking/groan while taking turns when the car was cold. As the car warmed up, the noise would be gone. Just have them perform the TSB 17-NA-287. Hope I was some help
Attached Images

Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
crz2fer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
This might help you. It’s a known issue for the cars equipped with the LSD. I would hear the clicking/groan while taking turns when the car was cold. As the car warmed up, the noise would be gone. Just have them perform the TSB 17-NA-287. Hope I was some help
Much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Tags
2ss, noise, rubbing