Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 01-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #155
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The same can be said of the ZL1 over the 1LE is the increased in performance worth the price tag? The car will be a success or failure based on how it sells whether we agree or not. If Ford is forced to drop the price immediately in order to move the car we will have the answer.
Well the ZLE is a very focused package, so i think it is worth the price tage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I think this is extremely optimistic, though not impossible. I stand by my assumption of base price of at least $70k, if they want to beat the ZL1 (in my mind the car is completely pointless if it doesn't at least beat the ZL1 in the 1/4) and at least be close to the demon at the strip it's going to be VERY expensive. And if they do a "track" version the price jump from base model to that will probably be a lot, as in more than the difference between the GT350/GT350R.
I don't see why it's so hard to see why it can't be close in price to the ZL1. The GT350R undercut the Z/28 by like 13K. I don't see why it's so hard to think they could offer a similar package in a similar price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Maybe. It needs to be fully optioned. I dont want to have to choose between a tech pack, track pack, or any other "pack". It also needs to run high 10s like the Redeye OR track like a ZLE. Not realistic for it to do both. With ADM included no not worth it.
Why? Why does the GT500 have to run like a redeye and track like ZLE?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #156
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I think this is extremely optimistic, though not impossible. I stand by my assumption of base price of at least $70k, if they want to beat the ZL1 (in my mind the car is completely pointless if it doesn't at least beat the ZL1 in the 1/4) and at least be close to the demon at the strip it's going to be VERY expensive. And if they do a "track" version the price jump from base model to that will probably be a lot, as in more than the difference between the GT350/GT350R.
Anything is possible, I’ll certainly admit that, but 70K entry just seems high to me. (If there is no “base” version and it’s equipped full on 1LE-style, then sure, but I don’t think that’ll be the case)

The manual version is going to run basement 11s like the auto ZL1s. It would be a step backwards from the 13/14s if they didn’t. Auto version will definitely play with the RedEye, (10.6x is my guess to the 10.8x from the Dodges)

There’s no point in pretending that it’ll be competitive with a properly equipped Demon.

It’ll be fun for sure. I’m curious what we’ll learn about the future Corvette.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #157
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Anything is possible, I’ll certainly admit that, but 70K entry just seems high to me. (If there is no “base” version and it’s equipped full on 1LE-style, then sure, but I don’t think that’ll be the case)

The manual version is going to run basement 11s like the auto ZL1s. It would be a step backwards from the 13/14s if they didn’t. Auto version will definitely play with the RedEye, (10.6x is my guess to the 10.8x from the Dodges)

There’s no point in pretending that it’ll be competitive with a properly equipped Demon.

From Detroit? Nothing. Chevrolet doesn't have press conference scheduled.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #158
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

Why? Why does the GT500 have to run like a redeye and track like ZLE?
I said OR. I even capitalized it. I then said "not realistic for it to do both". So if it isnt faster than the Redeye OR faster than the ZLE, IT ISNT WORTH THE MONEY OR WAIT.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #159
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
From Detroit? Nothing. Chevrolet doesn't have press conference scheduled.

Dawww...

I think it’ll outrun a Redeye AND a 1LE in the appropriate configuration.

Might cost 80K, but I believe the top track-focused version will still have the power to run with a RedEye.

We’ll know in 9 months haha
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #160
shaffe

Quote:
I said OR. I even capitalized it. I then said "not realistic for it to do both". So if it isnt faster than the Redeye OR faster than the ZLE, IT ISNT WORTH THE MONEY OR WAIT.
reading is important LOL
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 01-08-2019, 01:59 PM   #161
Chadicus

Quote:
Dawww...

I think it’ll outrun a Redeye AND a 1LE in the appropriate configuration.

Might cost 80K, but I believe the top track-focused version will still have the power to run with a RedEye.

We’ll know in 9 months haha
If it does both at 80k I'll be impressed. I won't pay ADM but I'll be impressed.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #162
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Quote:
If it does both at 80k I'll be impressed. I won't pay ADM but I'll be impressed.

I have my own opinion of how ADM plays into a cost:performance ratio... and it’s never good... which is why I tend to leave it out.

Plenty of people paid LARGE ADMs on ‘07 Shelbys... surely paying an imaginary fee and factoring it into a $:performance ratio is going to hurt..

But not everyone pays one... many... yes... but not all.

As for “beating both” under 80K, i think a Gt500 in whichever auto they allow (dct or A10) with the performance option is going to come in closer to 75K..

Sorry, done rambling. That same car I just mentioned could very well be 90k, I just don’t feel that helps Ford at all.

Good conversations the last page and a half.
Quote:
Old 01-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #163
Chadicus

Quote:
I have my own opinion of how ADM plays into a cost:performance ratio... and it’s never good... which is why I tend to leave it out.

Plenty of people paid LARGE ADMs on ‘07 Shelbys... surely paying an imaginary fee and factoring it into a $:performance ratio is going to hurt..

But not everyone pays one... many... yes... but not all.

As for “beating both” under 80K, i think a Gt500 in whichever auto they allow (dct or A10) with the performance option is going to come in closer to 75K..

Sorry, done rambling. That same car I just mentioned could very well be 90k, I just don’t feel that helps Ford at all.

Good conversations the last page and a half.
Let's say it splits the difference between the Redeye and ZL1. And it falls between the ZL1 and ZLE on a track. If it does that at 75k MSRP I'll be surprised. I really think it needs to be one or the other though. 75k and a 10.8-10.9? Sure. 75k and it beats a ZLE? Ok fine. But BOTH.... I think that would be closer to 90k.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #164
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

70K Base Auto- 10.6x Beats RedEye
78K Performance Auto Beats 1LE

Take your pick.

12K in a LS-Turbo Fox beats both.
15K in Turbo Miata Beats both.
50K in retirement crashes with stock market.
Quote:
Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #165
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:

I think your cost estimates, using what they offered the GT350 models for, are a reasonable expectation. They have demonstrated they know what to price these cars for, if they don't offer a sub $70K model I will be shocked.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #166
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don't see why it's so hard to see why it can't be close in price to the ZL1. The GT350R undercut the Z/28 by like 13K. I don't see why it's so hard to think they could offer a similar package in a similar price.
Interesting, there were new and second-hand z/28 heavily discounted, there were GT350R with heavy ADMs. For grins, say they were even in price, this is an innocent question since these two cars are rare on the AutoX or the short road race course we have in central Texas. Which is a better, more dependable, race car assuming they had the same price out the door?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #167
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Interesting, there were new and second-hand z/28 heavily discounted, there were GT350R with heavy ADMs. For grins, say they were even in price, this is an innocent question since these two cars are rare on the AutoX or the short road race course we have in central Texas. Which is a better, more dependable, race car assuming they had the same price out the door?
The one that doesn't catch on fire...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #168
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The answer is the Z/28, but I don't see how that is relevant to the MSRP discussion