Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
Camarão

Drives: 2018 Black LS1 with RS Package
Wheels, Tire, Suspension and alignment advices please...

Hi Camaro6!

This is my first post.

I am thinking on replacing the 2018 RS 20' wheels and tires that came in my car. I have 1,500 miles on it and am still breaking in the engine and keeping it below 3k.... sometimes lol.

This is my daily driver and I also would like to take the car to the autox and tracknights.

Thinking on going with 19x9.5 and 19x10.5. Lowering with Eibach and doing a grippy alignment.

What set-up people have been doing?
Any performance advices for for the 2.0T engine?

Thanks !!!
2014 Lexus IS250, Auto, F Sport
2010 Mazda 3, 6-Speed, Sport Hatchback
2006 Mazda Miata, 6-Speed Retractable Hardtop
2001 Mazda Protege5, 5-Speed
Camarão is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Ive been beating it ever since it came out from dealer lot. Oil changed at 300 miles and keep beating it lol.

If you are plan to take it to Autox or any track. Keep it stock as possible and work from there.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
Camarão

The 20's for the 2.0t may be too much wheel there no? 19 would be best? Anyone running eibach?

Even for a daily driver, I think the exhaust upgrade and intake(Florida hot always may help the base model)
Old 07-16-2018, 12:21 AM   #4
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
If you are going to do autocross and track nights, I recommend that you get the car aligned to the factory specifications for the V6 1LE car. Those specs are in the high-performance owner's manual supplement. A copy is attached here. If you are new to autocross and track days, I don't think you need to do all the track prep, although I do recommend the early oil change and doing a drain/fill on the rear differential. Some pretty dirty looking gear oil came out of my diff after only 1500 break-in miles.

I recommend against lowering the car and adding wider-than-stock rims. Your 2.0T can be very competitive in the SCCA D Street autocross class, but you will bump into a very tough modified class if you use wider rims or lower the car. Keep it simple and spend your money on track time, tires and proper maintenance.
Also, I am against lowering cars without upgrading the dampers (shocks/struts). You will mostly just compromise the car's ride and feel sportier, but perhaps not have a car that actually handles better.

Going to 19s is an O.K. idea, and if the wheels are lightweight, it will slightly improve your ride, acceleration, braking and acceleration. Running a summer performance tire like the Firestone Indy 500 would provide a lot of added traction, compared to the all-season tires your car has. But I think your best bet is to put a summer performance tire on your OEM rims, get some autocross and track time under your belt, and figure out what you want to do with the car. You might love it as-is, and decide that modifying the car would send it down a path that is expensive, not competitive, and compromises street use too much.

Read this D Street thread, it's authored by the driver who was a national champion in a 2.0T Camaro, and he won by a significant margin. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477232

Cheers, and keep the rubber side DOWN.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2018-chevrolet-camaro-track-preparation-guide.pdf (225.3 KB, 61 views)
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
Camarão

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Ive been beating it ever since it came out from dealer lot. Oil changed at 300 miles and keep beating it lol.

If you are plan to take it to Autox or any track. Keep it stock as possible and work from there.
Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that when its 95 outside in south Florida and I start the car, an uneven idle and lack of throttle response for a while is noticeable...
Old 07-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
Camarão

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
If you are going to do autocross and track nights, I recommend that you get the car aligned to the factory specifications for the V6 1LE car. Those specs are in the high-performance owner's manual supplement. A copy is attached here. If you are new to autocross and track days, I don't think you need to do all the track prep, although I do recommend the early oil change and doing a drain/fill on the rear differential. Some pretty dirty looking gear oil came out of my diff after only 1500 break-in miles.

I recommend against lowering the car and adding wider-than-stock rims. Your 2.0T can be very competitive in the SCCA D Street autocross class, but you will bump into a very tough modified class if you use wider rims or lower the car. Keep it simple and spend your money on track time, tires and proper maintenance.
Also, I am against lowering cars without upgrading the dampers (shocks/struts). You will mostly just compromise the car's ride and feel sportier, but perhaps not have a car that actually handles better.

Going to 19s is an O.K. idea, and if the wheels are lightweight, it will slightly improve your ride, acceleration, braking and acceleration. Running a summer performance tire like the Firestone Indy 500 would provide a lot of added traction, compared to the all-season tires your car has. But I think your best bet is to put a summer performance tire on your OEM rims, get some autocross and track time under your belt, and figure out what you want to do with the car. You might love it as-is, and decide that modifying the car would send it down a path that is expensive, not competitive, and compromises street use too much.

Read this D Street thread, it's authored by the driver who was a national champion in a 2.0T Camaro, and he won by a significant margin. https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477232

Cheers, and keep the rubber side DOWN.
Thanks for the advice and yes. I did read all the info you shared so thank you very much for your time buddy !

When on the FS Class with the M235i I knew that we had too much power for the kind of tracks laid out and saw how some DS class had even better laptimes due to weight also...

After reading about the alignment, tires and wheel guidelines... 19 is the way to go and a custom alignment. then add some grippy tires and lots of lap times to really, learn about the car responses.

I will sign up for an autocross session and keep y'all informed !
Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #7
Chef-j

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarão View Post
Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that when its 95 outside in south Florida and I start the car, an uneven idle and lack of throttle response for a while is noticeable...
Its pretty much happens more in turbocharger cars. Add custom tune on your “things to do list” in future isnt bad idea. If it happens at only idle or certain temp, i wouldnt worry about it.
Chef-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #8
Camarão

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef-j View Post
Its pretty much happens more in turbocharger cars. Add custom tune on your “things to do list” in future isnt bad idea. If it happens at only idle or certain temp, i wouldnt worry about it.
hmmmm the M235i never did it, so it is new for me. Thanks !