Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-13-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
2SSLOWW

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
OEM Front Brake Pad Part #?

Debating on switching to the Z26 Powerstop pads or keeping the OEM. Only switching fronts.

Can anyone confirm the part numbers and if they've seen them somewhere cheaper? For the powerstop I've heard they have some without weights but don't know the actual part number.

OEM Brembo's for $153 on Amazon
AC Delco:171-1141
GM Part # is 23441307

PowerStop Z26 Extreme
# 1474A w/ weights- $67 on Amazon
?????# for front w/o weights

Thinking of going with the Z26's just because of the brake dust and it's also cheaper but just wondering if anyone's seen the OEM ones for cheaper.

Thanks and any input is helpful!
2SSLOWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
OEM front pad PN is correct, and from what I've seen that looks to be about the best price. Based on the reviews I've seen, the Z26 would be a good replacement for street driving since they're capable enough and have minimal to no dust, but they won't stand up on track. If you're considering track driving, you'd probably want to keep the OEM pads handy or pick up a set of Powerstop's Track Day pads. One benefit of the Powerstop pads is that you can swap them and the Z26 without needing to re-bed every time, that is, if I'm remembering correctly that those pad compounds are compatible.

Also, FYI, the weights are there to help keep brake noise away. Since the Z26 is a different compound you might not have the same noise issues without weights as the OEM pads, but at $67 for the set I'd be surprised if it's much of a cost difference to get them without weights.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i dont have the boxes anymore but i believe the ones without the huge round weights are with the A at the end
Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #4
2SSLOWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
i dont have the boxes anymore but i believe the ones without the huge round weights are with the A at the end
Do you know if they stick out a lot or is it as subtle as the OEM pads? I saw a picture of them but they seemed to stick out quite a bit.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
2SSLOWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1BC View Post
OEM front pad PN is correct, and from what I've seen that looks to be about the best price. Based on the reviews I've seen, the Z26 would be a good replacement for street driving since they're capable enough and have minimal to no dust, but they won't stand up on track. If you're considering track driving, you'd probably want to keep the OEM pads handy or pick up a set of Powerstop's Track Day pads. One benefit of the Powerstop pads is that you can swap them and the Z26 without needing to re-bed every time, that is, if I'm remembering correctly that those pad compounds are compatible.

Also, FYI, the weights are there to help keep brake noise away. Since the Z26 is a different compound you might not have the same noise issues without weights as the OEM pads, but at $67 for the set I'd be surprised if it's much of a cost difference to get them without weights.
Thanks for the input Alpha! So yes I plan on just keeping it a street car. I do drive a little aggressively but nothing major enough that requires track pads.

I'm sitting at 31,XXX miles so I'm wondering If I need to resurface/turn the rotor or if a simple sand down and deep cleaning will do? I'm going to pull the wheels off later this week to check them. OEM pads still have some life so I'm not rushing but I'm going to order a new set pretty soon here.
Old 06-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have them on my car and the weight is still there but its not the HUUUGE round ones lol i made the midstake of buying them first and then returned them