Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
pr3dict
O_o

Drives: '14 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
******** turnaround

Does anyone know if they are just super busy or if they are just terrrrrrrible at getting back to people?

I called them 3 times, left them 2 messages and even emailed twice and have not received a call or email back. Finally, I just placed an order hoping for the best.

Any thoughts?

Oh and this is over a course of a week.
pr3dict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
BlakeD

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3dict View Post
Does anyone know if they are just super busy or if they are just terrrrrrrible at getting back to people?

I called them 3 times, left them 2 messages and even emailed twice and have not received a call or email back. Finally, I just placed an order hoping for the best.

Any thoughts?

Oh and this is over a course of a week.
I just emailed them today. I was inquiring about the right speaker mount cut out for the front speakers.

I will keep you updated if I hear anything.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1SX1R00E2EUMR <-- these are the speakers I want to go with.
BlakeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
pr3dict
O_o

The C5's are a good speaker class. I have always leaned towards infinity kappa's but JL makes a great product for SQ. I used to have 3 12w6's in a Mitsubishi eclipse and, though you couldnt hear it standing outside the car, as soon as you got in it, it was like you were in a nightclub or concert venue depending on what you wanted to listen to. Tight tight bass, and from what I've read their components are just as good.

Anyway, let me know if its just me with the no response lol.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
The components are great. I put C3 components in mine and they are fantastic.

And I wouldn't worry, I ordered the ******** kit and their communication isn't great but the stuff is good and you'll get order confirmation in 24-48 hours and they'll ship within 3-4 days usually.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
BlakeD

Yeah, I've been doing my research on them all day. I found the C5's for $20 more than the C3's on Amazon.

I'm not trying to jack your thread p3dict. But I would like your guy's advice.

Car Specs:

Non Boston Audio system
Factory head unit

Here is what I've chosen so far:

JL Audio Xd1000/5v2 5-channel Car Amplifier
JL Audio C5-650 JL Audio C5-650 6.5" Evolution C5 Series Component Car Speakers

I plan on adding a subwoofer, and rear speakers down the road. Thus why I chose this AMP.

Do I need a summing device / signal processor? I was looking at the LC6i and LC7i.

If so, how exactly would I go about running the wires to the processor for the front, rear and sub as there is no factory sub wires from the head unit?

I assume you would tap into the factory front speakers for one channel, rear for another, but what about the SUB since there is not a factory sub (that I know of).

Any guidance / help would be very appreciated.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Camaroshark

You don't need a sound processor but if you do want one I presume you put it in line directly from the FARK leads and then from there to the amp and then on to the speakers...

I say this because ******** used to make a non BA harness. You might want to check if they still do. It'd make life a lot easier for you.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #7
pr3dict
O_o

I believe subbthump makes a replacement amp kit for non ba systems. The issue if I remember correctly is that you lose the center channel. As for everything else, you should be fine without a signal processor. Getting the sub installed will be straight forward, grab the wires from the rear and get the signal from them and then the amplifier that you get from wherever you get it should be able to have a filter on it to isolate the low frequencies...

Also don't worry about upgrading the rears for awhile. It should sound great without them. All sound stages the I know of in music is stereo and mostly all concerts you watch are I'm front of you. So keeping the sound up front is where you want it. Unless you are watching a movie in your car Idk if you need a 5 channel amplifier. That basically means it can send 5 different signals to 5 different places at the same time. Other then a movie what will you be listening to that has that much different stuff going on? Get a nice 2 channel or 4 channel personally.

Also, anyone know what gauge wires are in the non ba system? I usually run new speaker wires in my personal installs.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #8
BlakeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroshark View Post
You don't need a sound processor but if you do want one I presume you put it in line directly from the FARK leads and then from there to the amp and then on to the speakers...

I say this because ******** used to make a non BA harness. You might want to check if they still do. It'd make life a lot easier for you.

That's what I originally thought. But someone said there is no factory amp on the non BA system. And that is what is confusing me.

Last edited by BlakeD; 09-28-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
Camaroshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeD View Post
That's what I originally thought. But someone said there is no factory amp on the non BA system. And that is what is confusing me.
In the non BA system, there is no Amp. The non ba harness they made was installed behind the radio and gave you leads to run long RCA wires to the trunk to an amp.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:51 PM   #10
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Blake, ******** no longer makes a harness for non-ba systems.

Check out this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=Rear+speakers it might work for you. This is what I did to install my 4channel and mono amps.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
pr3dict
O_o

any update? I still havent received anything.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
BlakeD

I never received a response. Though when I checked the product page it said "Don't Ask Us what size cuts you need Consult your manufacturer."

Not sure what you asked them, but my question was regarding which cutout. I did place my order on Monday.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #13
pr3dict
O_o

I just said i had a question about the stealthbox. Nothing more lol. I even followed up twice. I work in customer service, If a customer asks a question no matter if its the most obvious answer in the world or if its not something you handle, an answer is given.

They shipped my stuff, and the only reason I know is because I have UPS MyChoice (Highly recommended) so I got a notification that a shipment was being delivered to my address.

So, There turnaround is very good, 1-2 days just like they said. Their customer service is terrible/non existent. Hopefully when I get the product thats the only thing that is bad about them lol.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #14
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr3dict View Post
I just said i had a question about the stealthbox. Nothing more lol. I even followed up twice. I work in customer service, If a customer asks a question no matter if its the most obvious answer in the world or if its not something you handle, an answer is given.

They shipped my stuff, and the only reason I know is because I have UPS MyChoice (Highly recommended) so I got a notification that a shipment was being delivered to my address.

So, There turnaround is very good, 1-2 days just like they said. Their customer service is terrible/non existent. Hopefully when I get the product thats the only thing that is bad about them lol.
Let Us know because I was thinking about getting one of those as well with the built in amp and sub.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote