Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #1275
14camarov6
B2 Stealth

Drives: 2014 V6 Camaro RS
No batteries wont die, but your bank account will from all the data usage! Gee Thanks cellular providers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
If your Camaro is equipped with a USB port and an Auxiliary Port, you can plug both of them into most Smartphones and play music through either. Who needs XM?

For the USB music to work, the music must be stored in the default directory of the phone (not in a sub-folder); Pandora Radio and I-Heart-Radio are good, free options for the Auxiliary port.

In this configuration, the phone will also continue to charge while it's plugged in; so, you don't have to worry about the batteries dying.
14camarov6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #1276
mikescamaro12

Drives: 2014 chevy camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14camarov6 View Post
No batteries wont die, but your bank account will from all the data usage! Gee Thanks cellular providers!
true that is why i use the memory stick in the usb port , full of all my songs and no bandwidth used
Old 04-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #1277
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikescamaro12 View Post
true that is why i use the memory stick in the usb port , full of all my songs and no bandwidth used
AUX n Power Ports Plus Unlimited Data Here
Old 04-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #1278
Greeky89

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6 (RS) Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by peele1 View Post
If you hold down the traction control button for about 5 seconds, it will not only turn off T/C but Stabilitrak as well
good to know! does it turn back on both when you re-press the button?
Greeky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #1279
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by locktyght View Post
Yes, in the "mode" that measures lateral G's and speed, the indicator will appear above 3k rpm and move towards the center of the HUD as it changes Green>yellow>red
, Just get on it and watch the display light up! Any time I get in my car, I see the lights
Old 04-10-2015, 12:38 PM   #1280
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Question

How do I turn off, and why in the hell does it do it? When I used my key to unlock my door instead of the key fob, the horn beeps in small short blasts until I put the key in the ignition????
Old 04-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #1281
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
The car will tell you if you left your p.brake on.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #1282
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Question

How do I turn off, and why in the hell does it do it? When I used my key to unlock my door instead of the key fob, the horn beeps in small short blasts until I put the key in the ignition????
I've seen that in other GM cars, it goes into a pre-alarm mode. If you don't put your key in the ignition or press unlock on the remote in 10 seconds, the alarm will activate!
Old 04-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #1283
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
I know that not a lot of people drive these cars in winter, but for those that do here is something that can be very helpful.

You know how the Windows to the car drop down a little when you open the door, then when you close it again they go up so as to cinch in to the door frame for a better seal? (They call this Indexing).

Well, in the Winter time it can be difficult to manage because the windows may be Frozen and NOT want to drop down to let you open the door. What you do is buy some Prestone De-Icer

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Prestone-3...Spray/16424028

and get yourself a little spritz bottle. Fill the little bottle with the De-Icer and spray along the base of the window when the window is frozen. It usually does the trick with one application and then you can open the door.

Note: The link I gave for the De-Icer (from Walmart) is WAY over priced on their website, but if you go in the store it's closer to $3.00 a bottle.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:25 PM   #1284
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeky89 View Post
good to know! does it turn back on both when you re-press the button?
Yes, with One Tap of the button they BOTH turn back ON. This way, if it starts off a really nice day and you turn off all the controls, it's a button push away if it starts raining out of nowhere.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #1285
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The seat forward release is on the back of the seats. Pull out and up! (Needed for prelude to below)

I only say this cause a friend bought one a couple years after me. We would grab the girls and go out for two Camaro cruises. One time, we all meet up for lunch. I get out and reach back to let the kids out. He says, "Woah! What did you just do!?"

He says he hadnt seen that before and just weeks earlier him and 3 other dudes were cruising around to different places shopping, drinking, etc. He said it was the first time he had people in the back seat...and every single time he would let them out, he was using the electric seat adjuster. I laughed my ass off.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #1286
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
blinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
Well I don't think I've ever seen a thread like this on these forums yet (sorry if there is one) but lets start a thread naming things you may not know about the car.

Now the rules are pretty simple. It can be anything about the car. Fun Facts (or FF's as Dane Cook would say) to "how to's", or just plain general knowledge. Because sometimes general knowledge to you is a whole new world to some of us lol.

I'll start it off with something I just learned.

Quick Edit- If you have a cool thing to share post that part in BOLD it'll make it easier for everyone to see!

FF- If you slightly tap down your left/right blinkers they will blink for about 3 seconds then turn off. That way if your just changing lanes you don't have to worry about turning the blinker off
Yes,and if you don't turn it off a reminder comes up on the middle screen.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:19 AM   #1287
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttesort1 View Post
After you hit the talk button on the steering wheel you can say blue tooth audio and it will start playing your music. Also you can say XM, FM, and or AM and it will switch to it
Woah, can anyone confirm if this works on 2011s? I haven't figured out how to play my music through bluetooth.
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:36 AM   #1288
scapone4

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE
Quote:
Question

if you lock the doors with the key, when you open it with the key this will not happen
scapone4 is offline   Reply With Quote