Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
andig

Drives: 2015 Z28
Silly Question Time

Apologies if the answer to my question is in the owners manual but here goes anyway:

Do the Tour and Sport buttons do anything in the Z/28 other than to toggle between the 5 PTM programs when you activate them? The reason I ask is that when I dont access the PTM menu but just press either the Tour or Sport button it doesn't seem to make any difference to the characteristics of the car.....then again I have been babying the car as it is only a few days old and with 500 miles on it.

thanks

Andy
andig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
bptman

Drives: 2014 white Z/28
It changes the electric assist steering. sport is a tighter more responsive feel and tour is more relaxed.
bptman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #3
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
I don't think you'd notice any difference at all unless you were exploring the limits.

Here's the scoop, straight from the horses ... link. (about 1/2 down)

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-z28-track-car.html

MODE 1 - Wet
Active Handling On

Intended for drivers of all skill levels on a wet or damp track surface (not intended for heavy rain or standing water). Active Handling is on and engine power is reduced based
on conditions.

MODE 2 - Dry
Active Handling On

For use by less experienced drivers or for more skilled drivers learning a new track. Dry conditions only. Active Handling is on and engine power is slightly reduced.

MODE 3 - Sport
Active Handling On

For use by drivers already familiar with a particular track. Dry conditions only. Requires more driving skill than Mode 2. Active Handling is off and available engine power is slightly reduced.

MODE 4 - Sport
Active Handling Off

For use by skilled drivers who are already familiar with a particular track. Dry conditions only. Requires more driver experience than Modes 2 and 3. Active Handling is off and available engine power is still limited to match
Mode 3.

MODE 5 - Race
Active Handling Off

Requires more driving skill than in other modes. For use by experienced drivers who are familiar with a particular track. Dry conditions only. Active Handling is off and engine power is available for maximum cornering speed.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
andig

Drives: 2015 Z28
Bptman & Silverds - thank you both...... I think I need to drive the car a bit harder!

Andy
andig is offline   Reply With Quote