Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #29
Dasche

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 1LT/RS
Long Legged 4 yr old

My very tall 4 year old grandson said "pop-pop needs a minivan, my legs are too long to sit back here". NOT HAPPENING... I guess he'll be riding with his mother! LOL
Dasche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #30
bobby97z

Drives: 06 Civic (not for long) Retired 97z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasche View Post
My very tall 4 year old grandson said "pop-pop needs a minivan, my legs are too long to sit back here". NOT HAPPENING... I guess he'll be riding with his mother! LOL

Thats funny!!! My wife drives the mini odyssey. I love it on long trips, but tough around town. I can't wait to get another camaro, trade the civic, and have the booster seats in the back. No more drinks or snacks in the car!!
Old 06-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #31
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I've had my 5th Gen for just shy of 5 years and my kids were 3 & 5 when I got it. I drive with the full family fairly regularly and take the kids to school in it every day.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:50 PM   #32
MBK

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS
I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #33

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdrum79 View Post
Just wanted to get the parent's point of view on how a Camaro is as a family car. I've always wanted a 2 door sports car but have always leaned on sedan's or SUV's to take the family around. While I realize that the Camaro isn't an ideal car for a family, I wanted to see how people deal with it when you have to stick a child in the back seat. My daughter is a very tall 4 1/2 year old. She's still in booster seat (by law) but she's approaching 4 ft tall, very quickly. Since I don't want to go the sedan route again, I've been looking at various cars and trucks but I've always loved the 5th Gen and now the 6th Gen has me excited to purchase one, around a year and a half from now. Any perspective on this subject would be appreciated!
I have a 2010 Camaro, and a 16 month old, so theres a car seat in the back.

works fine.

sometimes there is a 10 year old back there too, works fine. her legs do not touch the front of the driver seat, even when I'm sitting how I normally do.
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #34
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I don't think it's impossible at all for kids to be able to fit in a camaro comfortably. Is it the best car for it? No probably not. But if it works go for it.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #35
Gforce8
WFO all the way

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS, Kalahari, 6 speed
This is the reason I bought a camaro. I have two girls and they both fit in the camaro, (in a pinch) They are both 5'11!.
The back seat folds flat for lots of hauling.
The tailgate is small but you can pack a lot in the trunk through the doors.
Even now that I could get a vette, I will get the new 2016 for year round pleasure.
YOLO!!!
Old 06-15-2015, 10:02 AM   #36
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
Guys, the back seats are so small that there's really no other purpose for them other than for kids. If I made lots of trips to Home Depot or chaufered lots of adults around, I'd probably go with something like an SRT Jeep. Kids are the only thing that fit great back there. No kids, get a Stingray. That's what I'd do.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #37
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Our kids fit in the back just fine and I'm over 6' tall. They like being in the sports car but are annoyed by the lack of cup holders or power for their tablets. On long trips they want to ride in the Camaro. My complaint is that the passenger seat doesn't have a slide rail release built into the seat folding latch. Having to hold the power slide button each time they get in/out really drives the woman nuts (me too). As for power back there, just some thoughtful channels from inside the console to the rear would be nice. And the kids also wish the rear buckles were deeper in the cushion or had more pad around them. They say they stick out too much.

Once our kids hit 5' though, the party will be over. If the rear of the 6th gen is tighter, I may get vetoed by the family on upgrading. =(
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #38
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Our kids fit in the back just fine and I'm over 6' tall. They like being in the sports car but are annoyed by the lack of cup holders or power for their tablets. On long trips they want to ride in the Camaro. My complaint is that the passenger seat doesn't have a slide rail release built into the seat folding latch. Having to hold the power slide button each time they get in/out really drives the woman nuts (me too). As for power back there, just some thoughtful channels from inside the console to the rear would be nice. And the kids also wish the rear buckles were deeper in the cushion or had more pad around them. They say they stick out too much.

Once our kids hit 5' though, the party will be over. If the rear of the 6th gen is tighter, I may get vetoed by the family on upgrading. =(
I really feel they should have manual adjustment seats on all trims. What is the point of power adjust? It's heavier, more expensive and slower.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #39
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
"Once our kids hit 5' though, the party will be over. If the rear of the 6th gen is tighter, I may get vetoed by the family on upgrading. =("

Then it would be time for a C63 or an ATS-V sedan. Not a bad trade off...
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #40
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post

My seats have manual releases on the back of the seat just below the headrest. I've never had to mess with the power incline to let people in/out.

Picture from ebay, so not sure how long it will last:

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #41
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
I really feel they should have manual adjustment seats on all trims. What is the point of power adjust? It's heavier, more expensive and slower.
The point is that it moves up and down along with full seat tilt. Given the Camaro's low roofline you would never find a comfortable driving position with manual seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
My seats have manual releases on the back of the seat just below the headrest. I've never had to mess with the power incline to let people in/out.
I assumed people were saying that the seat release didn't create a large enough opening. Never even considered that folks might not be aware of it!

If you're not aware of it, try the seat release handle and let us know if it solves your problems!