#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #1
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
SS brakes

Hey Guys,

I have a 19SS that is on its second set off rotors, first were the stock setup. both the fronts warped, the dealer replaced one and turned the other, they both warped again. Next set I bought some high dollar Raybestos rotors and the Stock GM pads, 5k later same issues, I do not track the car it is my daily driver, has all the SS stock cooling stuff, I don't understand what's going on. I do still have the backing plate on, but it has vents too. Thanks.

Mike.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I'm a little lost, what do you mean by saying "SS stock cooling stuff" then saying "but it has vents too?" Are you running the stock air deflectors and rotor shields? Or did you swap on something from the track deflector kit?

How many miles were on the first set of rotors? I'd be surprised if they were truly warped, more likely there were uneven deposits on the rotor face. Have you been following the burnishing procedure every time you get fresh rotor faces? Getting them up to temp then not coming to a full stop on them until they're cool is critical since stopping fully will likely result in uneven deposits. Same thing if you're coming to a full stop after track or heavy street braking when brakes are hot, will likely see uneven deposits as a result.