Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 10-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #15
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
My experience with the 3Rs is they are on another level.
Depending on the track, track condition, car setup and skills, etc. Also the more experience I get with them the more I've been able to push.
So far I'm faster by:
6 secs at COTA
6 secs at Cresson 3.1
3 secs at ECR 2.7
3 secs at Cresson 1.7 ccw
WOW!! I didnt realize there would be that much difference. Anyhow back to the VORSHLAG camber plates. Here is a picture of one that is installed on my Camaro NOW. There are some small hash marks that indicate how much or little camber you are a running. The hash mark that has been marked with a black marker is my STOCK setting which is roughly -2.2 degrees negative camber. You will notice THIS one is adjusted to the very LAST hash mark which gives me the MAX setting of -3.6 degrees negative camber. SO basically I PUSH the entire strut assembly IN towards the engine to get this. The three main nuts you see are the ones I loosen and tighten to change the setting. They take 20 foot pounds of torque. I took this picture from from the ENGINE side of the shock tower.
Attached Images

https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #16
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Hey all! I'm expecting my new 1le to arrive later this week! With that in mind, I'm making all the small purchases necessary to get this track ready (brake fluid, rock guards, brake pads).

I'm highly considering getting these camber plates too which causes me to ask the question... Are there any downsides to this setup? Any noise or clunk sometimes associated with coilovers or camber plates?

My hope is none and that these make it a fast transition between DD and track duty without having the need to get an alignment before and after events.

Thanks in advance!
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 05:21 PM   #17
sr71bb

NO PROBLEMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
Hey all! I'm expecting my new 1le to arrive later this week! With that in mind, I'm making all the small purchases necessary to get this track ready (brake fluid, rock guards, brake pads).

I'm highly considering getting these camber plates too which causes me to ask the question... Are there any downsides to this setup? Any noise or clunk sometimes associated with coilovers or camber plates?

My hope is none and that these make it a fast transition between DD and track duty without having the need to get an alignment before and after events.

Thanks in advance!
NO there are no issues that I an aware of. These are very well made. I would call JASON (Lead Engineer) at VORSHLAG just to reconfirm that he sends you the right plates to match your set up. The bearing sizes are different for example to accomodate both the GM and aftermarket struts. The Aftermarket springs for example are generally smaller in diameter than the GM factory springs so the spring perch is different.

To change camber I simply jack the wheels off the ground, loosen three nuts at the top of the shock tower and then push the strut assembly in to MAX setting and re-tighten the three nuts.

MEGA Thread on THIS car:

Retired Cars BELOW:
Old 10-27-2020, 01:01 AM   #18
sr71bb

side with camber plates at the track

Here is my car at track with camber plates installed.

Name:  side shot of 2019 camaro at track.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  205.6 KB

MEGA Thread on THIS car:

Retired Cars BELOW:
Old 10-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #19
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
My experience with the 3Rs is they are on another level.
Depending on the track, track condition, car setup and skills, etc. Also the more experience I get with them the more I've been able to push.
So far I'm faster by:
6 secs at COTA
6 secs at Cresson 3.1
3 secs at ECR 2.7
3 secs at Cresson 1.7 ccw
On Cresson, for well advanced drivers, I would say 1.5-2.0 seconds on 1.7 either direction and 3-4 seconds on the 3.1.

One of the issues I see with the G3R's, and other R-compounds, is on killer air days, if the track doesn't have enough sun loading / heat, you can't get the tires hot enough in a normal run session to help lower your times with the increased engine power from the cold, dense air.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #20
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post

Thanks in advance!
I've noticed a little bit more of a "click" over slow bumps. The noise was always there, but it's more noticeable now. I'm pretty sure it's the type of bearing used, vs the factory one that has more rubber around it.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:14 PM   #21
Thunderbunny

Drives: 2024 2SS1LE
I am going to be running a 305/30R19 square setup on 19x10.5 ET 22 wheels. My camber plates will be here soon. My main question was if I should grind the strut tower for clearance or just run spacers, or would both be necessary to clear? Thanks
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:49 PM   #22
FactoryMatt

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbunny View Post
I am going to be running a 305/30R19 square setup on 19x10.5 ET 22 wheels. My camber plates will be here soon. My main question was if I should grind the strut tower for clearance or just run spacers, or would both be necessary to clear? Thanks
check the fitment guide on apexracing website
FactoryMatt is offline   Reply With Quote