Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-23-2020, 10:03 PM   #1
Eric.18RS

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Tuning question

If i was to get TRIFECTA TUNE for my 2018 Camaro V6, if i fill out everything that i have done to the car, is the tune they send me for my car only like the setup i got ? because I’m trying to calibrate my car so everything matches and runs better and gain the best performance for my car.
Eric.18RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Are you asking if the Trifecta tune will be as good as the one you're trying to do?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:29 AM   #3
Eric.18RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Are you asking if the Trifecta tune will be as good as the one you're trying to do?
No I’m asking because before i get the Trifecta tune it asked like what mods and stuff i have done to the car. So I’m wondering if they going to custom tune the file for what setup i have on the car. Because i wanna get my car calibrated so it get the proper airflow so it runs smoother, better and i get the most performance that i can. I’m not sure if I’m making sense this is my very first tune lol
Old 11-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.18RS View Post
No I’m asking because before i get the Trifecta tune it asked like what mods and stuff i have done to the car. So I’m wondering if they going to custom tune the file for what setup i have on the car. Because i wanna get my car calibrated so it get the proper airflow so it runs smoother, better and i get the most performance that i can. I’m not sure if I’m making sense this is my very first tune lol
Ok I think I gotcha now. Yes this why they ask you specific questions on your mods, so they can best provide the proper tune for maximum safety and performance. Make sense? Now nothing is going to beat a good hands on street/dyno by a local reputable tuner, but Trifecta seems to have a good rep so I think you'd be just fine
Old 11-24-2020, 12:50 AM   #5
Eric.18RS

Quote:
Ok I think I gotcha now. Yes this why they ask you specific questions on your mods, so they can best provide the proper tune for maximum safety and performance. Make sense? Now nothing is going to beat a good hands on street/dyno by a local reputable tuner, but Trifecta seems to have a good rep so I think you'd be just fine
I wish i could do a dyno tune but for right now i gotta go with trifecta so i can get my car tuned up so everything matches together so it can run properly. Thanks for the help !
Old 11-24-2020, 01:01 AM   #6
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I wish i could do a dyno tune but for right now i gotta go with trifecta so i can get my car tuned up so everything matches together so it can run properly. Thanks for the help !
Glad to help. What are your mods if I may ask?
Old 11-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #7
Eric.18RS

Quote:
Glad to help. What are your mods if I may ask?
Cold air intake , throttle body spacer with a throttle body and quad tip axle back
Old 11-24-2020, 01:15 AM   #8
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Cold air intake , throttle body spacer with a throttle body and quad tip axle back
That's very similar to what I have. Just so you know a tune isn't even needed with those basic mods. I'm still on the stock tune.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:36 AM   #9
Eric.18RS

Quote:
That's very similar to what I have. Just so you know a tune isn't even needed with those basic mods. I'm still on the stock tune.
I just want my airflow and everything to be working properly
Old 11-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #10
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I hear ya, but just wanted you to know that with your minor mods, that your stock tune can easily compensate for that. But I understand what you're saying, and a good quality aftermarket tune will only make it even better
Old 11-25-2020, 07:25 PM   #11
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
Quote:
With minor mods like that, even a trifecta, or overkill will not change your performance much. It won't gain you much, if any actual power that you'll notice.

You can run the stock tune and it'll perform 90% as good as what you'll pay for a trifecta or overkill.
fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #12
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Trifecta has other benefits, though not sure how much you will feel it without the transmission part of the tune.

Being able to turn AFM on or off by changing the drive mode is nice.

I've had mine since mid 2016. It changed shift behaviour, which is the most noticeable thing it does, but I don't know if they do that for the locked tcm's.

I get the listed 0-60 times without special tires and perfect tarmac, and my mpg is still exceptional. You'll feel a difference from stock... Even if it doesn't make much of a difference in absolute numbers.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote