Old 07-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #29
MartinLe

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 M6
Cool.
MartinLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:53 PM   #30
jbp8653

Drives: 2017 ZL1,2013 ZR1, 1952 C3100 Resto
Well I didn't get my car back today. Bodyshop manager ( who like me,has been with the dealership 31 years!!!) said he didn't like the front bumper paint. So they kept it to re paint today and now it's Monday. No big deal. I don't know what he seen but it looked good to me. I appreciate him looking out for me. We have known each other a long time.

2013 ZR1 60th Anniv.

1952 C3100 resto-rod. LS6, 4L60e, 228R cam
jbp8653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #31
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
You might want to google what underinsured and uninsured coverage covers.

Florida doesn't recognize uninsured coverage because 25% of our drivers are uninsured and they'd lose their asses. I found this out the hard way a couple of months ago when I got rear-ended by an uninsured driver, had to eat my deductible...
Old 07-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #32
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brudda*Termite View Post
Florida doesn't recognize uninsured coverage because 25% of our drivers are uninsured and they'd lose their asses. I found this out the hard way a couple of months ago when I got rear-ended by an uninsured driver, had to eat my deductible...
And you either get the other motorist to directly reimburse you, or you take them to small claims court. They are at fault and responsible, whether they have insurance or not.

Easy way to get them to pay outright is to ask for them to cover the repair in its entirety. When they refuse, you state that you will take them to Small Claims court over it and will also seek diminished value, affording you the option of suing for the max amount allowed in Small Claims court.

If they want to settle out of court, then it's for double the deductible, in cash, because you're going to have to put through a collision claim and that's going to raise your premium and it shouldn't be your responsibility to pay for their negligence.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:35 AM   #33
LSPowa

Drives: '18 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
And you either get the other motorist to directly reimburse you, or you take them to small claims court. They are at fault and responsible, whether they have insurance or not.

Easy way to get them to pay outright is to ask for them to cover the repair in its entirety. When they refuse, you state that you will take them to Small Claims court over it and will also seek diminished value, affording you the option of suing for the max amount allowed in Small Claims court.

If they want to settle out of court, then it's for double the deductible, in cash, because you're going to have to put through a collision claim and that's going to raise your premium and it shouldn't be your responsibility to pay for their negligence.
This. Had this happen 2 years ago. After the threat of small claims court I ended up getting pretty close to double my deductible and a little extra due to the possible raise in my premium (which actually didn't go up).
LSPowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #34
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowa View Post
This. Had this happen 2 years ago. After the threat of small claims court I ended up getting pretty close to double my deductible and a little extra due to the possible raise in my premium (which actually didn't go up).

My premium won't go up, it wasn't my fault. I have USAA and they're pretty good about not screwing their customers. As far as getting the deductible back, these people don't have a pot to piss in. Single mother who's been laid off since COVID started and living on credit cards. Would cost me money to try and get it back. Who knows, maybe USAA will recover some funds one day and I'll get it back...
Old 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #35
jbp8653

Drives: 2017 ZL1,2013 ZR1, 1952 C3100 Resto
Got the car back today. It looks exactly like it looked before the tire hit it! Great job by the body shop. Paint is perfect. 100% satisfied!!!!!!

2013 ZR1 60th Anniv.

1952 C3100 resto-rod. LS6, 4L60e, 228R cam
jbp8653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #36
Krowser

Drives: ZL1 Mosaic Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbp8653 View Post
Headed home Sunday night on I75 South in my 17' ZL1. I was behind a 18 wheeler about 10 car lengths when I heard a big bang. At the same time I seen a round object flying through the air in front of me. It was the tread of one of those 18 wheels on the semi. In a fraction of a second it hit the front of my car with a big bang. I thought I had run over it so the first thing I did was check tire pressure's and all was ok. At that point I figured all was ok. Car was going down the road just fine. Got home and took a look. Front grille destroyed. Bumper cracked in several different places. Drivers side fender very slightly dented wheel well area. Was pissed. I work for a very large dealership group in Tampa area so I went to Chevy store body shop. Going to take about 1800.00 to fix it. Insurance would pay it but I think I am going to not put in a claim and just bite the bullet. I guess things could of been worse!!!
Man that is the worse...

I have been telling people for the longest time...

If you are behind, next to, coming up on, or can see a tractor-trailer in the vicinity, PASS THEM AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!!!

In my experience, anything those truck's tires hit usually come out at a 45 degree angle. If there is a tire, wood boards and even ladders left in the road, the rig's rear tires will kick it up for the trailer's tire's to spit it out.

Another freebie, don't travel in the far right lane on streets that are really open.
You will find people will enter into your path and roll through stop signs more frequently.
Krowser is offline   Reply With Quote