Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-10-2020, 11:19 PM   #71
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
I blew both front bushings in one twenty-minute session at Charlotte Motor Speedway today. I'm going back to stock.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:43 PM   #72
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
you did say BMR didnt you...

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 09:40 PM   #73
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
A few autocrosses in and so far the bushings are still okay. But a little searching pulled up this Addco aco-65-615-0w, which appears to be a very solid billet bracket with a wider bushing. Just thought I'd throw this in here in case anyone wants to try it...or as placeholder in case I need to.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:00 AM   #74
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Hell i wish they would just pour something in this thread at this point...

and send me the Delrins they are developing for free!
That would be the very least they ought to do imo.
As a matter of fact, i feel they should simply issue a recall and supply a proper fix to all customers, before somebody wrecks. Just imo.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:55 PM   #75
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
SCCA Regional Time Trial at Nelson Ledges completed yesterday, with a new PB, and no bushing issues!
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:26 AM   #76
WPGSS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Mine went after 1 day of autocross passenger side split like everyone else's it looks like the consensus is correct about the grease tab shearing off and taking out the bushing.

I'm going to try the billet saddles and a new set of bushings with the tab removed but still waiting for the parts and had an event this weekend so I gently cut the stock ones off my factory bar and drilled a second set of holes in my factory bracket (to clear the bushing stop on the BMR bar) and we will see how it works out today. There was no way I was missing a whole weekend of racing because of this!
WPGSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #77
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I blew both front bushings in one twenty-minute session at Charlotte Motor Speedway today. I'm going back to stock.
Have you thought about switching to the Hotchkis bar? I think that's what Coby runs and don't think he's had any issues.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #78
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Ryepile figured for the SS 1LE with G3Rs or better, the trick setup is Hotchkis front bar and BMR rear with BMR endlinks. SPL now has some great looking, but expensive links
https://www.splparts.com/2016-6th-gen-camaro/
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #79
TrackClub

I am amazed that nobody is screaming for heads to roll at BMR and for full refunds to be issued.

Seems folks have a completely different tolerance levels for aftermarket parts...which unfortunately doesn't lead to good results. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:16 PM   #80
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
I'm thinking of getting the Hotchkis front sway bar and BMR rear bar now that I'm using SC3R tires at the track... I assume I need BMR end links for both the front and the rear sway bars or is it just the rear?
Old 07-19-2020, 06:51 PM   #81
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
I'm thinking of getting the Hotchkis front sway bar and BMR rear bar now that I'm using SC3R tires at the track... I assume I need BMR end links for both the front and the rear sway bars or is it just the rear?

Just a warning the BMR rear end links will hit the rear spindle in the full-soft position, which is 36% stiffer than stock ZL1. You have to go 55% stiffer (middle) or 77% stiffer (inside hole). This makes it a bitch to tune for more understeer.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:44 PM   #82
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Unless you run a square set up, there likely is no reason for them. Imo.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #83
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Just a warning the BMR rear end links will hit the rear spindle in the full-soft position, which is 36% stiffer than stock ZL1. You have to go 55% stiffer (middle) or 77% stiffer (inside hole). This makes it a bitch to tune for more understeer.
Good to know!

I’ll look into SPL end links as per the above post
https://www.splparts.com/2016-6th-gen-camaro/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Unless you run a square set up, there likely is no reason for them. Imo.
Interesting, based on that thread from early this year that we went back and forth on, You seemed to strongly believe I should be increasing sway bar because of the SC3R tires...Or do you feel that because I already have stiffer springs that this is not needed?

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 07-20-2020 at 11:38 AM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #84
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGSS1LE View Post
Mine went after 1 day of autocross passenger side split like everyone else's it looks like the consensus is correct about the grease tab shearing off and taking out the bushing.

I'm going to try the billet saddles and a new set of bushings with the tab removed but still waiting for the parts and had an event this weekend so I gently cut the stock ones off my factory bar and drilled a second set of holes in my factory bracket (to clear the bushing stop on the BMR bar) and we will see how it works out today. There was no way I was missing a whole weekend of racing because of this!
You were successful at cutting off the stock bushings? What did you use to get them off?

Quote:
Amazingly the stock rear endlinks have held up just fine, even in the full stiff position. I am very surprised as they look very thin and weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I am amazed that nobody is screaming for heads to roll at BMR and for full refunds to be issued.

Seems folks have a completely different tolerance levels for aftermarket parts...which unfortunately doesn't lead to good results. Just my 2 cents.
BMR... BMR... Bueller???
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote