Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
OnThr3

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss
DSX auxilary fueling... Capabilities???

Hi guys so finally got the Whipple to work smoothly and super excited and upbeat but since i'm already going down the rabbit hole I NEED MORE. Obviously to make more power I need more fuel especially with these cars my tuner said that to go to a smaller pulley I need to get a DSX auxiliary fuel system...

so my question is: With a stock LT1 fuel system how far will a DSX aux fuel system take my in terms of boost/whp?

If there is a cheaper more cost effective route for the long term please let me know and why!
OnThr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
thebanks06

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Even with the aux, you are limiting yourself with the lt1 stock fuel system. Low side/high side and injectors should be next and paired with the aux especially if you want to use any type of e
thebanks06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
OnThr3

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanks06 View Post
Even with the aux, you are limiting yourself with the lt1 stock fuel system. Low side/high side and injectors should be next and paired with the aux especially if you want to use any type of e
Wheres the best place to buy the LT4 low side and high side share links?
OnThr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #4
Hollard
Space_Ghost

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Send a message via Skype™ to Hollard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThr3 View Post
Wheres the best place to buy the LT4 low side and high side share links?

You can check out this site: https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...uel-components

But if are to get the work done by a shop, get them to do a price check as well. The shop may be able to get the parts on a discount versus you buying it yourself.

I had gotten my LT4 fuel system thru a shop that did my Whipple install and they were able to get it almost $250 cheaper (combined with their own discount to buy and with an in-house discount given).

Second shop I had went to for my engine build, claimed my HPFP had failed somehow. (I still believe the tuner screwed up on something to cause it fail). But they replaced it without notifying me prior to buy a replace. I was charged $1k for the pump. During this time it was hard to get any GM/Chevy parts due to the strike. I was lucky a dealership nearby had it in stock. But I would've been happy with paying an extra #500 to get the big bore HPFP from Linenfelter.

2017 Camaro 2ss M6
performance mods: Whipple 2.9; LT4 fuel system; 2" Kooks Longtube Headers w/ Green Cats; RotoFab Big Gulp series CAI; GPI forged pistons & rods; BTR stage 3 camshaft; DSX Flex Fuel Sensor; JMS Voltage Booster; JRE tune

Last edited by Hollard; 06-15-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: error
Hollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Well it is kind of a loaded question because you aren't talking fuel type.

But one thing to consider is that the DSX comes on at a point of boost (standard is I think 7lbs), but with the setup you mention, you are probably going to still run the fuel system dry while you are waiting for the DSX to turn on. Especially if running any kind of E85.

You will probably have enough peak fuel supply, but it is kind of like 50% the standard fuel system, and 50% the DSX. You need that to be more like 75/25 as the low side kit is really just effective on the top side of power band.

You should at a minimum put a LT4 HPFP on it (shimmed and setup correctly), and might as well do the injectors while at it.
Old 06-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThr3 View Post
Hi guys so finally got the Whipple to work smoothly and super excited and upbeat but since i'm already going down the rabbit hole I NEED MORE. Obviously to make more power I need more fuel especially with these cars my tuner said that to go to a smaller pulley I need to get a DSX auxiliary fuel system...

so my question is: With a stock LT1 fuel system how far will a DSX aux fuel system take my in terms of boost/whp?

If there is a cheaper more cost effective route for the long term please let me know and why!
NOTE, the low side fuel system will not extend the range of the High side pump and injectors.

My recommendation before any aux pump would be ZL-1 in tank, and LT4 High side and injectors, add a JMS fuel pump voltage booster and you have a solid fuel system for up to 750 RWHP on Gasoline with stock cam and up to 850 RWHP fuel with a our Cam with 32% lobe.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:03 PM   #7
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
NOTE, the low side fuel system will not extend the range of the High side pump and injectors.

My recommendation before any aux pump would be ZL-1 in tank, and LT4 High side and injectors, add a JMS fuel pump voltage booster and you have a solid fuel system for up to 750 RWHP on Gasoline with stock cam and up to 850 RWHP fuel with a our Cam with 32% lobe.

Curious as to the recommendation for the in-tank and voltage booster over the aux system. I have mine coming on at 2 PSI. Always wanting to learn more. Thanks.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #8
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
DSX can turn on at any PSI, just let them know when you order. Mine was like 5 PSI and I changed it to 2 PSI.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #9
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Having a stock lt1 intank pump and dsx aux, my low side just started to show its limits at 800 hp 850 tq at the tire. My tuner said its still fine but there was a small dip in low side pressure at a low rpm. I'm guessing that was right in the window between boost and the activation of the dsx. My turbo comes on hard so going from 3 psi to 15 is very very fast and in that small period of time, the low side falls a bit.

I asked DSX that my pumped be turned on at the lowest setting of positive pressure. waiting for 7psi never sat right w me.

If I ever decide to turn mine up, I'll 100% swap to a ZL1 intank pump and if that doesnt cover it, ill get the JMS also.

I never did test the ON psi my configuration is. Sounds like something I need to play with.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:45 PM   #10
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Think the ZL1 pump would do it. JMS would just add more expense and complexity. At some point going to an AN Y at the HPFP is going to help at that inlet bottleneck. IMO of course.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #11
Choda

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Think the ZL1 pump would do it. JMS would just add more expense and complexity. At some point going to an AN Y at the HPFP is going to help at that inlet bottleneck. IMO of course.
100% agree. There is a post on here that a guy did with a great write up. He did not T the dsx into the factory lines like most of us did. He ran a -6 from the pump right up to the engine bay where he connected the factory hard line and the AUX -6 hose with a Y fitting behind the intake manifold. Then ran a short hose from the Y to the HPFP, removing the factory feed line that pops up next to the driver side valve cover.

Another thing, I havent heard any one upgrading the dsx "255" aux pump to something bigger. I wonder why?
Old 06-19-2020, 06:20 AM   #12
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
100% agree. There is a post on here that a guy did with a great write up. He did not T the dsx into the factory lines like most of us did. He ran a -6 from the pump right up to the engine bay where he connected the factory hard line and the AUX -6 hose with a Y fitting behind the intake manifold. Then ran a short hose from the Y to the HPFP, removing the factory feed line that pops up next to the driver side valve cover.

Another thing, I havent heard any one upgrading the dsx "255" aux pump to something bigger. I wonder why?

Yep that would be me. We used a Holley pump for our install.
Attached Images

50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:51 AM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
That Holey dual pump, LPE high flow ck valve, and custom lines setup as a return style will feed 1400 hp.. Only 2 small draw backs your tapping the tank still and the pump is kinda large to mount. I guess that why most people do a FORE.

This setup and my port injection eforce has fueling way beyond my zl1 stock block able to run full E with no worries about ratios.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #14
Choda

I think Fore would have a better market if they offered factory hookups instead of having to run new AN hose. My guess is that for a single or dual pump intank setup, the factory connections and hookup would suffice. Id guess the triple pump would need -8 feed/return/fpr...