Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #71
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Need that anti-lag technology that can be engaged for autocross and cut off on the way home. Throttle delay is a big issue on the 4T. It really showed up Sunday on a narrow airport runway, both turn around radius's where you are out of the gas for an extended amount of time and then opening up to a straight. Tried to give a little gas to start building boost and of course I just pushed the front end then. Zmax course layout suits our cars so much better.

Is left foot brake the way not sure I'm up for that.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #72
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWard View Post
Need that anti-lag technology that can be engaged for autocross and cut off on the way home. Throttle delay is a big issue on the 4T. It really showed up Sunday on a narrow airport runway, both turn around radius's where you are out of the gas for an extended amount of time and then opening up to a straight. Tried to give a little gas to start building boost and of course I just pushed the front end then. Zmax course layout suits our cars so much better.

Is left foot brake the way not sure I'm up for that.
I was thinking about when I get a tune from ZZP if they will do an anti-lag tune just for this reason. Intake, downpipe, throttle body, and tune are supposed to help as well, but of course, then you would have to come to CAM
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #73
EWard

Drives: 2019 Camaro RBM M6 LTG 1LS
Josh, I will be watching and learning as you prep your car for a CAM-C autocross build. It's going to be fun watching you compete against the V8 pony cars. This past holiday season sale I was very, very close to buying some Apex 19x10.5 wheels. But in the end I just decided to stay put for one more season.
EWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #74
AND0

Drives: C5 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I'm sure it's legal, I'd just rather have something less janky. Also, I believe I can easily switch between street and track camber settings pretty easily with camber plates

With only 5MM clearance sounds like you don't have room for the old slotted strut trick anyways.

I'm sure you know this but you will really save on tire wear when you get buy camber plates.

550$ for camber plates VS 1200$ for tires
Camber plates payoff quickly.
AND0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #75
WAM

Drives: Pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
I was thinking about when I get a tune from ZZP if they will do an anti-lag tune just for this reason. Intake, downpipe, throttle body, and tune are supposed to help as well, but of course, then you would have to come to CAM
Over in the EB forum I saw discussions claiming much of the lag is really an electronic delay between pedal and throttle. And there are aftermarket devices to specifically alter/tune that communication.

I wouldn't put much faith in that being a real fix without more research or probably trying it myself. But we can hope.

If 4T turbo lag can't be readily fixed, perhaps a V6 would be a better starting point for a nose-light CAM-C effort.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #76
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Over in the EB forum I saw discussions claiming much of the lag is really an electronic delay between pedal and throttle. And there are aftermarket devices to specifically alter/tune that communication.

I wouldn't put much faith in that being a real fix without more research or probably trying it myself. But we can hope.

If 4T turbo lag can't be readily fixed, perhaps a V6 would be a better starting point for a nose-light CAM-C effort.
Some of the issue is probably a tuning thing, but there's always going to be some lag. There's no completely avoiding it with a turbo. I never found it to be an issue on my old Focus ST, so if it can get to that level, I'll be happy.

I prefer the 4T because turbo motors are easier to upgrade, and it doesn't sound like the V6 has much aftermarket support.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:38 PM   #77
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
Hi all,
We're starting to think about our next autocrossing car after almost a decade of Corvette humbling in AS & SSR. Up for consideration is joining DS in a Turbo 4. The deals are too good to pass up for something new.

With that said, what are the thoughts on the Turbo 4 in DS? I'll have some class competition locally/divisionally with Bruce Bellom and his 1LE DS Camaro as well as a few other folks, so hopefully some of the "fun" returns.

It is an uphill battle with the Hype-R? Has the time window of the T4 come and gone? Any input is appreciated (maybe other than "Thank you for your input" :P ).
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM   #78
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by conemark View Post
Hi all,
We're starting to think about our next autocrossing car after almost a decade of Corvette humbling in AS & SSR. Up for consideration is joining DS in a Turbo 4. The deals are too good to pass up for something new.

With that said, what are the thoughts on the Turbo 4 in DS? I'll have some class competition locally/divisionally with Bruce Bellom and his 1LE DS Camaro as well as a few other folks, so hopefully some of the "fun" returns.

It is an uphill battle with the Hype-R? Has the time window of the T4 come and gone? Any input is appreciated (maybe other than "Thank you for your input" :P ).
You will see my comment in the other thread. The Camaro might not be "the car" to have in class but it can get it done. Granted non have gone up vs the Type R yet and given it a fighting chance. After driving a type r ill say this. It does everything you want it to do and more... very very well. Uphill battle for sure but it can be done, maybe. Depends if you just want have fun locally or compete nationally.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #79
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
Interesting points. Certainly we would want to run the car Nationally. Heck, locally around here in the Northeast can be like going to big events with the talent pool. At best, we can at least get ourselves to the first page of results but not quite the pointy end. I'm not sure if our talent level could surmount that uphill battle though.
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote