Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-03-2020, 04:03 PM   #15
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
That sucks! Best of luck getting it resolved. If this issue first manifested itself when you ran tires in wrong corners, perhaps your ediff is cooked? Albeit any leak in an engine bay is a sign of an obvious issue, as well. You may want to check the ZL1 section, as i recall seeing some posts relative to air in the intercooler issues there. Cheers!
Thanks and congrats on the new car!

So why the switch?

Also interestingly enough, I’m still having problems with that same corner, even with the right tire sizes on the back it’s still chirping like a lot to differential 4 x 4 would.
Perhaps it’s the stickier tires and stiffer springs / less suspension travel.

Despite all of this, still set a new personal bests at the track and kept up with a 2018 Porsche gT3 with a decent driver who is driving hard (He’s been to Porsche racing school and was giving me a few pointers and tips).

I told him what you had told me, and I’m definitely seeing how the fast car and the little track experience i have is making it hard for me to really feel what my car is doing and learn.

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 07-03-2020 at 07:29 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 01:20 AM   #16
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Thanks and congrats on the new car!

So why the switch?

Also interestingly enough, I’m still having problems with that same corner, even with the right tire sizes on the back it’s still chirping like a lot to differential 4 x 4 would.
Perhaps it’s the stickier tires and stiffer springs / less suspension travel.

Despite all of this, still set a new personal bests at the track and kept up with a 2018 Porsche gT3 with a decent driver who is driving hard (He’s been to Porsche racing school and was giving me a few pointers and tips).

I told him what you had told me, and I’m definitely seeing how the fast car and the little track experience i have is making it hard for me to really feel what my car is doing and learn.
Firstly, congrats on the new PB and keeping up with a GT3! Nice going! Bet it felt real good especially that he had that pesky rear wheel steering advantage, eh?

Secondly, you are right, feeling what the car is doing F vs R slip angles and limit wise is key to getting as close to 100% of what the car can offer. After all, no car drives itself Keep on trackin' and the feel will come with seat time. And coaching, to eliminate any errors as simply: we dont know what we dont know. Especially when we push hard. Like for example, going slower and allowing the car to rotate quicker mid corner and achieving exit attitude quicker - is faster, especially in slower corners. With time you will feel when over driving makes you slower and when keeping the balance in a sweet spot makes you faster. Proper vision is paramount here (and always).

If the ediff makes weird noises, have it checked adap. Assuming it is a diff. A sick diff will hold the car's performance back in a big way. It may also reduce car's stability. You don't want it to do something weird while pushing it hard. Note our diffs are actually two units: the main diff and an electronic unit above it. Top tech and extremely effective for performance.

Since i decided to switch from my C5Z track car to a street car, my strategy has always been to rotate every 3 years to get the best value, including offering a new owner remaining 2 yrs of warranty. I get a new car, somebody gets a meticulously cared for rocket at a nice discount. A win win. Besides, i got the GM corp discount, plus employee pricing, plus a dealer discount.
Plus a color i really like. So it was a no brainer

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #17
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Here’s a sample of the live voltage you will see when you hook up the scan tool to read the suspension module codes.

You can also rezero it yourself, i think he rents the tool for 100 bucks. It’s 3/4 way down this page.

http://shocksims.com/#software
I'll be re-calibrating and zeroing out the MRC before my Aug 8th track date and will let you know if that made a difference or not.