Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
X pipe or H pipe

(Forgive me if my car knowledge is noobish as I'm new to the performance world)

I was researching lots on what exhaust I want and since I use my car for daily driving (and some accels here and there) I think an H pipe would suit me better for more end torque. Researching it says an x pipe is better in performance (if I tend to stay in the high rpm) an H pipe sounds more deeper and a X pipe sounds more raspy. I'm trying to figure out which one to get. Im leaning towards H pipe but videos of the X pipe sounds more nice hitting high speeds. Which one is better guys? (I want to convert my exhaust to a 2.5" but I wouldnt know where to begin with that.
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post

I was researching lots on what exhaust I want and since I use my car for daily driving (and some accels here and there) I think an H pipe would suit me better for more end torque. Researching it says an x pipe is better in performance (if I tend to stay in the high rpm) an H pipe sounds more deeper and a X pipe sounds more raspy. I'm trying to figure out which one to get. Im leaning towards H pipe but videos of the X pipe sounds more nice hitting high speeds. Which one is better guys? (I want to convert my exhaust to a 2.5" but I wouldnt know where to begin with that.
Exhaust mods don't do much for us because of the way the exhaust manifolds are built into the block. I only know of one person with an h-pipe so I can't really say how they sound vs an x, but the majority of people go with the x. If I remember correctly, parts of our exhaust system are 2.5 and parts are 2.25. If you want to expand it to a full 2.5 system you could cut just after the flanges that come off of the downpipes and go from there.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:20 PM   #3
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:

MAGNAFLO offers a Resonated XPIPE if you want the performance from the x pipe but no so much the sound (Sound still applied just less).

HPIPES sound great at idle and the rev is a bit deeper i shall i say.

however i have an x pipe and let me just say the x pipe makes the 3.6l v6 camaro scream it the pops are alot more raspy and louder.

if i could start over id most likely go resonated x pipe from magna flow tbh.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:11 AM   #4
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
MAGNAFLO offers a Resonated XPIPE if you want the performance from the x pipe but no so much the sound (Sound still applied just less).
I've researched the truflow xpipe. Would I still get that louder, raspy exhaust sound? My car is already straight piped.
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:34 PM   #5
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
I've researched the truflow xpipe. Would I still get that louder, raspy exhaust sound? My car is already straight piped.
resonated x pipe will be same performance with a bit less sound still raspy and still loud.

normal x pipe will be performance louder and raspy.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #6
BOSE ZO

Drives: 2018 CHEVROLET Camaro LS LGX/TR3160
I don’t know. I don’t know, a 60 degree V6 fires on alternate sides everytime..... it’s not like a V8 that fires on the same side consecutively at different moments..... personally.... I don’t think any of that stuff matters..... That’s probably why the manufacturers aren’t bothering with manifolds on 60 degree V6’s anymore...
ig: rapidtransit
BOSE ZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:34 AM   #7
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
Anyone have any vids of a build with an h-pipe? There aren’t really any besides one I found on YouTube. Thanks.
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 AM   #8
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done a h-pipe on the LGX Camaro. Historically we know how they sound on other vehicles with certain exhaust setups, but every setup and vehicle are different, and that can obviously create a different overall sound.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #9
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
What size for 2019 3.6L V-6 X-Pipe...2.25" or 2.5"?
KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:52 PM   #10
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKamaro View Post
What size for 2019 3.6L V-6 X-Pipe...2.25" or 2.5"?
From the rear converters back to the stock muffler its actually 2.5.
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:10 AM   #11
KKamaro

Drives: 2022 Satin Steel LT1 M6
Thanks you!
KKamaro is offline   Reply With Quote