Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-15-2019, 11:52 AM   #1
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
Frustrating week with dealer service

I took my 2017 2SS in last Friday for the typical A8 shudder. Went with a ride with service manager and verified that it was happening. Then I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours so they could tell me to come back Monday to do the flush. So I drop it off Monday and pick it up after work. The shudder is gone, but I start to notice a grinding sound coming from under the car. I verify that it's not the NPP rattle and assume they botched the flush and didn't put enough fluid in. I take it back Thursday and sure enough they didn't put enough fluid in the transmission. Wait another 2 hours and get it back and everything seems fine. However, the first time after I start it after getting back to the dealer I get a check engine light. Code reads P0056 & P0057. Luckily it's just a rear o2 sensor and I'll take it back eventually when I do the 15,000 mile service. Anyone get codes after the flush?
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Sorry but you need to go to a different dealer lol. Got mine back about 5000 miles ago with the new flush, and so far so good. No codes or anything...just drove it off the lot after the flush and it's been the same ever since
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
Cherry

Lol unfortunately every other dealer is an 1+ away. I usually do my own work unless it's warranty work like this.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
HCI2000SS

Gotcha. Well that presents a real pita then lol. Did you get the latest flush done? Did they replace the torque converter?
Old 06-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Cherry

Yeah it's the latest flush and no new torque converter yet, but I think it's standard to do the flush and see if it comes back and then do the torque converter. I have a while before the powertrain warranty runs out so we should be good there. However, this makes me nervous to keep the car past warranty.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #6
HCI2000SS

I totally hear ya man. I feel the same. In my case they replaced the TC with the new revised one along with the new fluid and flush. Not sure on the exact details on how they made that happen, but hey I'm not complaining lol
Old 06-21-2019, 06:39 AM   #7
Yellow BB

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
I took my 2017 2SS in last Friday for the typical A8 shudder. Went with a ride with service manager and verified that it was happening. Then I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours so they could tell me to come back Monday to do the flush. So I drop it off Monday and pick it up after work. The shudder is gone, but I start to notice a grinding sound coming from under the car. I verify that it's not the NPP rattle and assume they botched the flush and didn't put enough fluid in. I take it back Thursday and sure enough they didn't put enough fluid in the transmission. Wait another 2 hours and get it back and everything seems fine. However, the first time after I start it after getting back to the dealer I get a check engine light. Code reads P0056 & P0057. Luckily it's just a rear o2 sensor and I'll take it back eventually when I do the 15,000 mile service. Anyone get codes after the flush?
If I had to guess & this is purely a guess, your dealer either unhooked or damaged an O2 sensor when supposedly doing your flush. It wouldn’t be hard to do under there - not much room to work. I really thought that I had seen some of the worst technicians working on FCA garbage, but I think Chevrolet isn’t far behind (based on my limited service experiences so far). I certainly hope you are able to get both issues resolved quickly.
Yellow BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:54 PM   #8
Cherry

The light went out on its own and the car is now running great with no issues. Just took a few more trips to the dealer than I would like.

Tags
flush, shudder, transmision